Replaced the SuperRed cavy.... - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Replaced the SuperRed cavy....
Wednesday, May 11, 2011 11:04 AM
With one of those newer cavaliers

08 Turbo Balt
just brought it last night. its already lowered. and looks like it has hahn charge pipes.

Mods: Synapse Charge Piping, Short Throw, Bad-Mab Dp, Dejon Intake, BYT Tuned!
Parts For SALE! Pacesetter Header(ECO),17'in Resonator, Alternator, Starter, Viper Alarm.

Re: Replaced the SuperRed cavy....
Wednesday, May 11, 2011 5:10 PM
nice upgrade love the turbo balts
Wednesday, May 11, 2011 7:25 PM
i approve

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 7:31 PM
Looks real good man.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 7:46 PM
nice pick up. is this one called SuperRed balt?

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 9:46 PM
very nice

Thursday, May 12, 2011 5:49 AM
Thanks Guys no mods yet, This thing is quick as hell i know that!

Parts For SALE! Pacesetter Header(ECO),17'in Resonator, Alternator, Starter, Viper Alarm.
Thursday, May 12, 2011 6:23 AM
Shiat, nice pick up! The main stuff are already done, turbo check, lowered check, charge pipes check, LOL. How many miles on it?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, May 12, 2011 6:55 AM
38,000 from the dealership! the more i drive the more i like!

Thursday, May 12, 2011 7:33 AM
stock exhaust and downpipe????

Thursday, May 12, 2011 7:43 AM
yea stock exhaust and downpipe.

Thursday, May 12, 2011 8:02 AM
upgrade both of those next pronto

Thursday, May 12, 2011 8:13 AM
yea i wanted a intake, Dp, and a tune... But you think exhaust also?

Thursday, May 12, 2011 8:22 AM
Exhaust FOR SURE. On boosted cars you get big gains with exhaust. I have a full 3" header back Vibrant exhaust. So all you need is CAI, DP, Exhaust, Charge pipes, and tune and you will be over 300 HP.

Thursday, May 12, 2011 8:29 AM
((Turba))KbRedBalt wrote:yea i wanted a intake, Dp, and a tune... But you think exhaust also?

yes because generally turbo cars like bigger exhaust so since you are already down there upgrading the downpipe, upgrade to a bigger exhaust as well so when you do get a tune once its all done you can reap the full benefits

Thursday, May 12, 2011 9:45 AM
GTmatters wrote:Exhaust FOR SURE. On boosted cars you get big gains with exhaust. I have a full 3" header back Vibrant exhaust. So all you need is CAI, DP, Exhaust, Charge pipes, and tune and you will be over 300 HP.

Stock exhaust on these cars flow rather well. Not to say aftermarket won't show a gain, but honestly a tune and hard pipes are where I'd go with a TC.

Hell mine is still stock - cat, and ex-roommate's car with ZZP midlength, 3" catless DP, and GMPP exhaust had no gains on me.

Thursday, May 12, 2011 11:07 AM
Yea Joe, I heard the same thing about the Exhaust

Yea it has charge pipes already. Happy about that. The ones from GM are not impressive at all.

Thursday, May 12, 2011 11:27 AM
Tune is your biggest gain on this engine by far. ~22 psi with dialed in MAF and decnet fuel/spark curves and hang on! And get 35mpg highway while doing it.

If you don't feel like doing full exhaust now, and don't mind ruining the cat, punching the cat is free and you can gain some decent power if you are already tuning the car. Keep your local emissions standards in mind though.

Thursday, May 12, 2011 2:55 PM
oldskool wrote:Tune is your biggest gain on this engine by far. ~22 psi with dialed in MAF and decnet fuel/spark curves and hang on! And get 35mpg highway while doing it.

If you don't feel like doing full exhaust now, and don't mind ruining the cat, punching the cat is free and you can gain some decent power if you are already tuning the car. Keep your local emissions standards in mind though.

this is hwy i would get a turbo car over a supercharged. the same if not more performance but can still get great mileage.
Thursday, May 12, 2011 6:36 PM
I didnt think they had those headlights on the SS TC i though they stopped them for the SS cobalt's in 05. I would have thought they would have been like the ones on my G5

there is no orange backing on mine just a orange bulb and my headlight lenses has a small tint to them

put nice pick up man my friend and I are trying to find a White SS TC for him.
Thursday, May 12, 2011 7:33 PM
^ Good call on the headlights, they have been changed, the "egg yolk" was an 05/06 thing.

Friday, May 13, 2011 4:24 AM
Yea i think its was a back to stock thing at the dealership.

I was going to wait on the tune and gather the parts first.

Friday, May 13, 2011 12:29 PM
u kiddin wrote:
oldskool wrote:Tune is your biggest gain on this engine by far. ~22 psi with dialed in MAF and decnet fuel/spark curves and hang on! And get 35mpg highway while doing it.

this is hwy i would get a turbo car over a supercharged. the same if not more performance but can still get great mileage.

This is true but I am still getting 31-32 on the highway. But then again... I got an amazing deal on my car and for being only 21 am pretty proud to be able to own and maintain it.

Thursday, May 19, 2011 11:08 AM
Nice upgrade man still goin with red I see lol Im still rockin the blue as allways haha how much power you puttin down so far?

CarDomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3828276
Friday, May 20, 2011 4:29 AM
Its stock so its rated for 260hp 260 trq

Prolly putting down 230-240 whp

I love it i know that

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search