Got some wheels for the BMW. - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Got some wheels for the BMW.
Sunday, January 01, 2012 8:39 AM
I finally got some wheels for my E60. They came off my buddies car I shared pictures of a long time ago.

Maya STM's 3 piece.

20x9 Front
20X10.5 rear

The need a little bit of refinishing so I'm going to do a total refurb on them. I'm going to take the faces off, strip them with some aircraft stripper, repolish, and repaint them. I'm not sure which color yet. I'm thinking about a matte color possibly. Here are some pics of one of the rears. They have a huuuge lip on them.

Re: Got some wheels for the BMW.
Sunday, January 01, 2012 9:16 AM
THATS THE SHYT I'M TALKIN BOUT!!!! those will set you off bigtime, can't wait to see them on your car.

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Sunday, January 01, 2012 9:29 AM
ohhh the way hoodrats talk....

Anyway, those look awesome, and I'd be tempted to go back gold if I was refinishing wheels like that. The gold looks great.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Sunday, January 01, 2012 9:53 AM
Thanks

One of the tires are blown on top of needing to refurb. I'll probably be looking at about a month before they are on my car.

Sunday, January 01, 2012 9:54 AM
I like the gold too, but I want to make them my own and switch up the style.

Sunday, January 01, 2012 10:44 AM
Well don't be different for the sake of being different, you've done everything on your car very tastefully so far. I'd hate to see you do a color that doesn't flow. Or even worse, what all the euro tuners got the Honda guys into with that nasty bright fluorescent colored fad....

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Sunday, January 01, 2012 10:56 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Well don't be different for the sake of being different, you've done everything on your car very tastefully so far. I'd hate to see you do a color that doesn't flow. Or even worse, what all the euro tuners got the Honda guys into with that nasty bright fluorescent colored fad....

I was thinking Flamingo pink

Just kidding... maybe a matte smoke grey or possibly do a color match.

Sunday, January 01, 2012 11:05 AM
Color match... so silver lol. That's neutral enough and in that style of wheel would look awesome with the polished lip. I'm over the gunmetal/black fad, but I don't think I'll ever be over the gold.... it's just such a beautiful color on that style of wheel.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Sunday, January 01, 2012 11:32 AM

Sunday, January 01, 2012 1:31 PM
Im jealous..I would love those for the is250. With a lip like that must be fairly low offset. Mind I ask how much you got them for?

Sunday, January 01, 2012 2:49 PM
Rabbit(AKA RedAssassin) wrote:Im jealous..I would love those for the is250. With a lip like that must be fairly low offset. Mind I ask how much you got them for?
Yes. The offset is low. +14 I believe. The sticker showing the offset is barely legible lol.

These wheels costed around 4 grand new by what I was told. I paid under $700

Sunday, January 01, 2012 3:06 PM
Nice choice on wheels man! Glad you got the hookup! I personally love them the color that they are. Maybe added a different finish gold such as metallic or matte, but that color definetly looks great on the wheel and great with your ride! Post plenty of progress pics!

Sunday, January 01, 2012 3:18 PM
Thanks man. I will. I'm starting on Tuesday.

Sunday, January 01, 2012 4:11 PM
Yea not a bad price at all. Now im really jealous

Sunday, January 01, 2012 7:46 PM
Those definitely have a fat lip. They need a band aid. I say do the rims in dark silver metallic.

Sunday, January 01, 2012 11:44 PM
Wait what?! You got stm? Same wheels I have on my cavalier lol. The Japanese name is actually RiverSide TrafficStar stm. Lol . I think I have the only ones in the states in 5x100.

Monday, January 02, 2012 3:37 AM
azncav wrote:Wait what?! You got stm? Same wheels I have on my cavalier lol. The Japanese name is actually RiverSide TrafficStar stm. Lol . I think I have the only ones in the states in 5x100.
Wow I didnt know you have the same wheels, funny lol. I seen a for sale ad on a Scion TC forum yesterday with a set for sale in 5x100. The thread is 2 years old though lol. Very nice wheels. I love these. Also, the center caps will probably be replaced with BMW caps but
Traffic star caps would be cool too of I can find them new.

Monday, January 02, 2012 3:42 AM
Holy @!#$.. the back of the wheels have Traffic Star stamped in them LOLOLOL

Monday, January 02, 2012 3:55 AM
yup... rep it hard! rare wheels bro lol. IMO trafficstar is way better to rep then maya lol. and it comes in a gold font like mine. was that guy selling titanium silver ones? if not then i still have the only set in this color lol

example

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, January 02, 2012 3:58 AM

Monday, January 02, 2012 4:23 AM
azncav wrote:yup... rep it hard! rare wheels bro lol. IMO trafficstar is way better to rep then maya lol. and it comes in a gold font like mine. was that guy selling titanium silver ones? if not then i still have the only set in this color lol

example

I cant locate any center caps online The Riverside caps look way better than the Maya caps

They look very similar

For sale ad:
http://www.scionlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193986

Monday, January 02, 2012 5:48 AM
Fu¢k they look good!!!!!

Monday, January 02, 2012 7:28 AM
I'd say go with this color here, gunmetal or black, with all the tint and black accents around your car, shyt would look sick and azncav I like mesh wheels but find them hard to clean the back of the rim but I would get a set just because of this picture, they look mint on your car so now I definatly wanna see Eternal' s setup

azncav wrote:yup... rep it hard! rare wheels bro lol. IMO trafficstar is way better to rep then maya lol. and it comes in a gold font like mine. was that guy selling titanium silver ones? if not then i still have the only set in this color lol

example

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Monday, January 02, 2012 7:56 AM
There is one site online I will have to find. EBay has them sometimes. But at like 45 a piece. Lol. I'll take a close up pic of how mine look.
Heres one..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Monday, January 02, 2012 9:00 AM

Monday, January 02, 2012 8:56 AM
I think a matte charcoal finish will look really sharp against that silver! Sweet deal! I can't wait to find a deal for the Lexus like that...

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Monday, January 02, 2012 9:03 AM
Cavalier Thompson wrote:I'd say go with this color here, gunmetal or black, with all the tint and black accents around your car, shyt would look sick and azncav I like mesh wheels but find them hard to clean the back of the rim but I would get a set just because of this picture, they look mint on your car so now I definatly wanna see Eternal' s setup

im not sure about Eternals STMs but mine are more of a three tone color.. the polish lip, the gunmetalish color for the face, and a black inner barrel. so i don't even bother cleaning inside the wheel to often as it doesn't really show anyways

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search