Picked up a 93 300ZX - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Picked up a 93 300ZX
Monday, April 16, 2012 9:30 AM

93 300ZX:

V6 3600 5 speed NA (wish it was twin turbo, but I can't complain. It is still quick as @!#$.
    89K miles
    T-tops
    2+2
    Front + Rear discs
    All power
    Cruise Control
    Bose Sound System
    AC still blows cold as ice.

Prior to getting this car I didn't know much about it. I'm still learning and will be joining the 300ZX forums to get some up-to-date knowledge. Also, for this car to be a 93, it is still holding it's value very very well. I could sell it for 5K+ pretty easily, but I'm not going to do that. This car will be a great weekend car.

Thoughts

Re: Picked up a 93 300ZX
Monday, April 16, 2012 9:37 AM
Good luck maintaining it. Even without the Turbos its a finicky car with an impossible engine bay... cool and fun for sure though but expect ti take double the time or pay double the price to work on it

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Monday, April 16, 2012 9:42 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Good luck maintaining it. Even without the Turbos its a finicky car with an impossible engine bay... cool and fun for sure though but expect ti take double the time or pay double the price to work on it

I heard horror stories, but we will see what happens. Plans for it is to keep it close to stock as possible while replacing things that need replacing. It runs fantastic and only needs very minor trim pieces replaced due to age. Interior is in fantastic shape with no nicks or tears.

The first time I opened the hood I was shocked at how cramped it was. It def looks like it can piss me off LOL.

Monday, April 16, 2012 9:42 AM
I love the looks of these. A good friend has a older 300zx Turbo. fun cars. As stated already working on them can be hard.

FU Tuning

Monday, April 16, 2012 10:25 AM
NIce grab man! Fun car to drive! Good luck with it!

Monday, April 16, 2012 10:38 AM
Definitely one of the better Nissan Z cars. Enjoy it!

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, April 16, 2012 10:45 AM
Thanks guys. Sourcing parts already. Looks like a 99 front fascia and tailight upgrade will be on the list. Along with new shifter knob/boots and molding kits.

Monday, April 16, 2012 10:50 AM
i guess im one of the few people that never really cared for that car.....looks good for its age, grats on the purchase

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, April 16, 2012 11:21 AM
Enjoy pulling the engine to change the oil kidding they just suck to work on.

Friend of mine has one and was the first to do the RB26 swap on it. Runs 10.3's all day long. Neat little cars for sure.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 4:40 PM
That's a nice find! Enjoy it
Sunday, April 22, 2012 12:36 PM
I've got friend with both a n/a and a twin turbo. The engine bay at first site is intimadating. But once you get into it, its not that bad. BTW, his twin turbo puts 500hp to the wheels. Very, VERY, fun car

Sunday, April 22, 2012 1:42 PM
Meh. No hate. Just never cared for those.

Monday, April 23, 2012 5:31 AM
I have a love hate relationship with these cars, sucked to work on but nice cars when they don't need work.

Want hub spacers rear disk brackets or trailing arm bushings? Shoot me a PM.

Monday, April 23, 2012 11:51 AM
Saw one of these 2 weekends ago with a 350 single turbo setup.

FU Tuning

Monday, April 23, 2012 3:43 PM
You already know I love it. You told me it was boosted though, no? Regardless, the 99 swap will be sexy.

Monday, April 23, 2012 4:02 PM
I have a 1995 2+2 with TT swap. If you have any questions, then just ask. Very nice find.

And not trying to be a dick, but is it the VG30DE? If so, then it is a 3.0 litre. Not a 3600 chevy motor, lol,

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Monday, April 23, 2012 4:05 PM

Monday, April 23, 2012 7:38 PM
.I don't have any experience on the NA version, but the TT is definitely hard to work on...'bout as bad as a Supra. Honestly, I'm surprised you'd want that car after seeing the Bimmer in your sig.

Monday, April 23, 2012 10:07 PM
Thanks for the love guys

GTmatters wrote:You already know I love it. You told me it was boosted though, no? Regardless, the 99 swap will be sexy.

Yeah I did. Turns out the owner before me doesnt no chit about cars LOL. You could tell him a Cavy comes stock turbo and he'd probably believe you. After I got home with it, I did my research and was like...... WTF LOL. Oh well, the car was free. I cant get mad

Monday, April 23, 2012 10:10 PM
Agent Omega wrote:.I don't have any experience on the NA version, but the TT is definitely hard to work on...'bout as bad as a Supra. Honestly, I'm surprised you'd want that car after seeing the Bimmer in your sig.

Cool. Well the reason for wanting this is because I'd like a car to have fun in and not beat up the Bimmer all the time. Plus, I wanted something different to play around with.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 9:44 PM
N/A 300zx is not fast at all. Not knocking you but they were always dogs. Fun? Yes. Fast? No.

2007 Corvette Z51 | Suzuki Swift GTi SCCA racer | 2008 Edge
Tuesday, May 08, 2012 9:20 AM
Seeing this is really making me want to pull the trigger on this 300zx TT in the area that is for sale. For some reason I have always wanted one of these cars so bad.

Clicky

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 11:30 AM
I'm telling you. Those turbo's are finicky motors and take up every inch of workable space. They're a bear to work on. If you don't have time and know how or money, I'd be weary. You'll end up with a paperweight in the driveway.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 6:55 PM
The only reason i would do it is because I work at a Nssan dealership and have a bunch of techs that could help me if anything does go wrong, 2 of them have certifications from Datsun.. haha

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 7:08 PM
ha nice. Just make sure you plan to work there, at least the length of time you own that car lol. Looks super clean though. I always have liked those cars but after a friend had one, I couldn't ever. That engine bay/underside/everything-to-do-with-working-on-it is scary lol.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 6:05 PM
Probably sick of hearing it from me, guys, but funny story:

Today I called a guy about parts for my old Datsun. He owns a shop and specializes in Z cars. When asking when a good day was to come by his response was "Any day but tomorrow. Tomorrow I am doing valve cover gaskets on a 96 300ZX. I don't want to act like an ass hole in front of a customer, so steer clear of me while I'm under the hood of that damn thing." lol

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search