Picked up a new car!!! Rare G6!!! - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Picked up a new car!!! Rare G6!!!
Sunday, April 22, 2012 12:44 AM
Yup, just got it today from the dealer. 2007 Pontiac G6 GT, 3.9 V6, 6-speed manual transmission.

Honestly the paint and body is flawless. No dents, dings, or scratches anywhere that I could find. I got an awesome deal, mainly because for some reason nobody wants a stick shift car anymore.

The interior is mint as well.

And of course, my whole reason for getting the car....

It has the Getrag F40 6-speed manual, and other than being longer throws than my Sunflower, (the Flower has a short shifter) it feels great, and has awesome performance.

A cool way to blend the looks of the factory intake with the plastic engine cover.

And I couldn't resist stopping by our ancestral homeland on the way back from picking it up

Questions/Comments/Flaming are all appreciated!

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Re: Picked up a new car!!! Rare G6!!!
Sunday, April 22, 2012 1:49 AM
Love the car man!!! Must be fun to stick this 3.9!!!
Sunday, April 22, 2012 4:40 AM
I am so jealous of you right now. White, 2-door, GT with the stick you just picked up what I'd hope to be my next car.

I miss my Cavalier, even if it made 100 hp on a cold day and had more suspension then it deserved.
Sunday, April 22, 2012 8:02 AM
shouldn't that be a GTP? i though the g6 gt came with the 3.5 gtp 3.9 gxp 3.6 either way nice looking car!
Sunday, April 22, 2012 1:00 PM
Love the power and the 6 speed. Never liked the look of the g6.

Sunday, April 22, 2012 3:25 PM
02_redbadged wrote:Love the power and the 6 speed. Never liked the look of the g6.

Sort looks like the love child of a 350Z and a Cavalier. I am fine with that personally.

I miss my Cavalier, even if it made 100 hp on a cold day and had more suspension then it deserved.
Sunday, April 22, 2012 6:25 PM
you know the part of the intake that is showing is a G?

Sunday, April 22, 2012 7:06 PM
I had a 2006 G6 GTP 3.9L 6-speed manual... sold it roughly a year later. It certainly was a very sharp looking car, mine was black on black w/leather, monsoon and the sunroof... car was gorgeous. my main gripes with the car was the motor seemed to buck like a raging bronco during "spirited" driving, I felt the tranny was a bit clunky at times and occasionally it wouldn't even shift in to 6th gear. I would have to go back to 5th, and then back to 6th. From what I read on the forums during my time with the car there were known transmission issues and a few after market parts to correct the engine bucking. Overall I thought the car fell short of what it really could have been, I am thinking the bean counters got a hold of this car and it is a shame. It really was a slick looking car and that big V6 and manual transmission drove me right to it; sadly it did not deliver. Very good looking car though, white was my second choice, I wish you better luck than I had

silversun01 wrote:shouldn't that be a GTP? i though the g6 gt came with the 3.5 gtp 3.9 gxp 3.6 either way nice looking car!

2006 GT = 3.5L
2006 GTP = 3.9L

2007 GT = 3.5L?/3.9L
2007 GXP = 3.6L

if I recall correctly anyways
Sunday, April 22, 2012 8:53 PM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:you know the part of the intake that is showing is a G?

Hmmmmm..... I thought it looked like a 6??? Anyways, it's kinda neat how they blended the plastic cover with the aluminum intake to make it look like that. Kinda is reminiscent of the Grand National logo if you ask me.

I have seen some complaints on the G6 tranny issues in 06 models. I guess GM revised the shifter somewhat, added detents and changed gearing for the 07 models. I'm currently looking inta short shifter for the car. I'm on G6 performance.com and G6ownersclub.com, but haven't seen alot of info about it either way. I guess the .org has spoiled me. I don't really have any major plans for the car, probably just bolt-ons and tune. The Sunflower is my fast car. I want one that is kinda quiet and rides nice.

Monday, April 23, 2012 5:19 AM
Almost as gay as the sunfire

Want hub spacers rear disk brackets or trailing arm bushings? Shoot me a PM.

Monday, April 23, 2012 9:24 AM
Club Teh Jeffie wrote:Almost as gay as the sunfire

Just shut up and make me parts!!!!

Monday, April 23, 2012 9:37 AM
I'd rock it!
Monday, April 23, 2012 9:55 AM
Keep an eye on the sunroof drains, the drain tubes in the coupes are known to come apart and you end up with a puddle on the floor and wet seat belts. It seems GM made the drain tubes a little too short.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Monday, April 23, 2012 10:19 PM
Congrats homie

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search