2013 Dodge Dart - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2013 Dodge Dart
Tuesday, December 06, 2011 7:06 AM

From Dodge... .
Dodge Hits the Mark With the All-new 2013 Dodge Dart Compact CarDodge Dart Blends Alfa Romeo DNA and Dodge’s Passion for Performance, Resulting in a Groundbreaking Car with the Ultimate Blend of Power, Fuel Economy, Handling and Style

The Dodge brand is back in the U.S. compact sedan segment – in a big way – as the all-new 2013 Dodge Dart will make its world debut at the 2012 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Mich., on Jan. 9, 2012
Built on a world-class architecture, Dodge Dart offers three technologically advanced, fuel-efficient and powerful engines, including the 1.4L MultiAir® Turbo
Dodge delivers exceptional craftsmanship with class-leading technology and style

December 6, 2011 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Dodge redefines performance in the compact car segment with an all-new, state-of-the-art four-door sedan delivering class-leading aerodynamics – the 2013 Dodge Dart.

With Alfa Romeo DNA and Dodge’s passion for performance at its core, the all-new 2013 Dodge Dart is a thoroughly modern vehicle that’s fuel-efficient, beautifully designed and crafted, agile and brings fun back to driving in the segment.

Similar to the Dodge Dart of the late 1960s, the 2013 Dart offers a special blend of style, performance and innovation. The Dodge brand leveraged its nearly 100-year history of passion for building high-quality, innovative vehicles that stand apart in performance and style, as well as from its partner Fiat’s global compact car expertise, to develop the all-new Dodge Dart.

ALFA ROMEO DNA
The all-new Dart is the first Chrysler Group vehicle based upon a Fiat architecture – adapted from the award-winning Alfa Romeo Giulietta. The Giulietta is renowned for satisfying the most demanding customers in terms of road-holding, agility and safety, with exceptional driving dynamics. The Dart leverages all of these attributes within a lengthened and widened platform delivering segment-leading levels of interior roominess.

The all-new Compact U.S. Wide (CUSW) architecture underpinning the Dart is a state-of-the-art architecture with an industry-leading 68 percent of the body composed of high-strength steel, resulting in a very strong and rigid structure. Combined with responsive steering, four-wheel independent suspension, and available 18-inch wheels, the Dart brings fun back to driving in the compact car segment.

UNMISTAKABLE STYLE
The all-new 2013 Dart marks the Dodge brand’s re-entry into the compact sedan segment, hitting the bulls-eye with a modern, unmistakable Dodge design that builds upon its performance heritage while evoking emotion, efficiency and fluidity of movement.

Eye-catching exterior proportions are set off from every angle by dynamic lines and curves, along with advanced technology, to deliver class-leading aerodynamic performance. The personality-packed front view is instantly recognizable as an all-new Dodge with its tailored split-crosshair grille, projector headlamps and fog lamps and accentuated fenders. Signature Dodge full-width LED ‘racetrack’ tail lamps and class-exclusive integrated dual exhaust – both inspired by Dodge Charger – accentuate the athletic and muscular stance of this dynamic and passionate new design.

THREE SOPHISTICATED, FUEL-EFFICIENT & POWERFUL ENGINES
The 2013 Dodge Dart will be powered by three fuel-efficient, powerful, state-of-the-art four-cylinder engines that add to Dart’s fun-to-drive quotient.

Drivers can select from a new Tigershark 16-valve 2.0-liter engine, a 16-valve 1.4-liter MultiAir Intercooled Turbo engine, and a new Tigershark 16-valve 2.4-liter MultiAir four cylinder engine. These three engines, combined with three transmission choices, combine to redefine performance by providing the most diverse powertrain lineup in its class.

MultiAir technology delivers optimum combustion at any speed under all driving conditions by allowing direct and dynamic control of air intake and combustion. The result is up to a 15 percent increase in low engine rpm torque, a 7.5 percent improvement in fuel efficiency and a 10 percent reduction in C02 emissions.

THE ALL-NEW DART – BUILT IN AMERICA
The all-new Dodge Dart will be made in America at Chrysler Group’s Belvidere Assembly Plant in Belvidere, Ill. The Company is in the process of investing $600 million dollars to support the production of future products, including the 2013 Dodge Dart. The investment includes the construction of a 638,000-square-foot body shop, as well as the installation of new machinery, tooling and material handling equipment. Work on the expansion began in the summer of 2010 and will be completed this year.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: 2013 Dodge Dart
Tuesday, December 06, 2011 7:10 AM
Looks like it might be cool.

Tuesday, December 06, 2011 7:15 AM
looks good from what I can see but I'll have to see the whole car before I'm convinced.

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Tuesday, December 06, 2011 10:09 AM
Cavalier Thompson wrote:looks good from what I can see but I'll have to see the whole car before I'm convinced.

+1

http://www.autotalk.com/pictures/data/1536/medium/2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Xtreme_002_autotalk_com_.jpg
Tuesday, December 06, 2011 10:22 AM
At least it will finally kill that horrid Caliber. But its just a re-branded fiat (not that its bad) But eventually nothing Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep makes will be a Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep it will be something spawned from a Fiat/Lancia/Alfa platform. The company isn't considered a domestic nor is it an American company anymore and that is sad. It's sad to me that the only way Chrysler could become competitive and better again was for it to become a foreign car maker. I think the cars they make will be better, better looking, better performing, better built...but they won't be real Chryslers, and Dodges, and that might just be a good thing for a change, but a failure of the American spirit.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Tuesday, December 06, 2011 2:56 PM
16 valve tigershark. lol

[ o ][][][][][][][][ o ] coach built xj  ( o   \[][][][][][][]/  o ) hid wj
Tuesday, December 06, 2011 3:56 PM
Jookycola wrote:At least it will finally kill that horrid Caliber. But its just a re-branded fiat (not that its bad) But eventually nothing Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep makes will be a Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep it will be something spawned from a Fiat/Lancia/Alfa platform. The company isn't considered a domestic nor is it an American company anymore and that is sad. It's sad to me that the only way Chrysler could become competitive and better again was for it to become a foreign car maker. I think the cars they make will be better, better looking, better performing, better built...but they won't be real Chryslers, and Dodges, and that might just be a good thing for a change, but a failure of the American spirit.

There's no way a Fiat can be rebranded as a Jeep Wrangler and/or Liberty or whatever the @!#$ it's replacement's name will be (hopefully Cherokee). Fiat has the small cars done right which is what Chrysler lacks and most likely be all that gets rebranded from Fiat. Fiat has taken Chrylser's lineup and rebranded them as Lancia's. Once again Chrysler really hasn't been an American Company since 1999 when Daimler/Benz took over and screwed mostly everything up. At least now they are in capable hands

As for the Dart, I'll wait till I see it to comment on it. Hope they do the name justice though.

Tuesday, December 06, 2011 4:28 PM
dart = neon ?

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 2:14 AM
Spike J wrote:There's no way a Fiat can be rebranded as a Jeep Wrangler and/or Liberty or whatever the @!#$ it's replacement's name will be (hopefully Cherokee). Fiat has the small cars done right which is what Chrysler lacks and most likely be all that gets rebranded from Fiat. Fiat has taken Chrylser's lineup and rebranded them as Lancia's. Once again Chrysler really hasn't been an American Company since 1999 when Daimler/Benz took over and screwed mostly everything up. At least now they are in capable hands

As for the Dart, I'll wait till I see it to comment on it. Hope they do the name justice though.

What year did Daimler take over? Because i hate break it to you Chrysler built sh*t cars long before Benz stepped into the picture. I won't fault you they may have not improved anything....but they didn't screw anything up either. All Benz did is let Chrysler be Chrysler while they profited from it.

And uh about you thinking There is no way Fiat can rebrand a vehicle as a Jeep Liberty....Got some bad news for you:
The Jeep SUV will be built on a broader platform based on the Alfa Romeo Giulietta, a car built by Fiat

* 2014 Jeep Midsize SUV: This Fiat-based SUV will eventually replace the Jeep Liberty in 2013.

Ouch!

The new Jeep SUV will replace the Liberty for the 2013 model year and will be Chrysler's first vehicle to ride on a Fiat platform.

So yes Fiat CAN rebrand as well as develop it own Jeeps. The OWN Chrysler group, it's a fully owned brand of Fiat. They can do anything they want. Thank you, drive through.

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 4:52 AM
Jookycola wrote:
What year did Daimler take over? Because i hate break it to you Chrysler built sh*t cars long before Benz stepped into the picture. I won't fault you they may have not improved anything....but they didn't screw anything up either. All Benz did is let Chrysler be Chrysler while they profited from it.

And uh about you thinking There is no way Fiat can rebrand a vehicle as a Jeep Liberty....Got some bad news for you:
The Jeep SUV will be built on a broader platform based on the Alfa Romeo Giulietta, a car built by Fiat

* 2014 Jeep Midsize SUV: This Fiat-based SUV will eventually replace the Jeep Liberty in 2013.

Ouch!

The new Jeep SUV will replace the Liberty for the 2013 model year and will be Chrysler's first vehicle to ride on a Fiat platform.

So yes Fiat CAN rebrand as well as develop it own Jeeps. The OWN Chrysler group, it's a fully owned brand of Fiat. They can do anything they want. Thank you, drive through.

Gee it seems like we've done this debate before . No FREAKING @!#$ they were building junk cars before Daimler took over, Daimler made them worse by pilfering away with the great designers Chrysler had and replacing somewhat decent looking Neon & Stratus/Sebring with the Caliber and Avenger/Sebring.
As for the rebranded Fiat/Jeep we'll see how that does in offroad testing, you never know it might not pass muster and Jeep guys will have to come up with something different.

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 6:51 AM
If getting all the other crap lets us get the new lancia ralley car thats supposedly in the works, I wont complain. It just worries me that they're going to start using alfa's, so dodge is going to go from having engines that sludge up and junky auto trannys to just burning down in electrical fires and randomly refusing to start some days.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 10:52 AM
hmmm love the charger-esq rear light panel thats for sure.

why not... 2.4 DOHC turbo motor? SRT-4 dart ftw?

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Wednesday, December 07, 2011 11:37 AM
Spike J wrote:Gee it seems like we've done this debate before . No FREAKING @!#$ they were building junk cars before Daimler took over, Daimler made them worse by pilfering away with the great designers Chrysler had and replacing somewhat decent looking Neon & Stratus/Sebring with the Caliber and Avenger/Sebring.
As for the rebranded Fiat/Jeep we'll see how that does in offroad testing, you never know it might not pass muster and Jeep guys will have to come up with something different.

You're contradicting yourself.
You say "Daimler/Benz took over and screwed mostly everything up."
then you say....
"they were building junk cars before Daimler took over, Daimler made them worse by pilfering away with the great designers"

If the cars were already junk long before Daimler took over...which they were. And the only thing left were good designs, that's not screwing "mostly everything" up. That's just putting sh*t designs on sh*t already. So really the only thing Daimler screwed up was the design department. That's not "mostly" nor is it "everything", that's one thing. I hate when people try to make it sound like Daimler ruined Chrysler. Chrysler ruined Chrysler, that's why it's been bailed out twice, and tossed around by two other auto makers. Don't spread misinformation out of ignorance.

And just FYI, Jeep guys don't run Jeep, Fiat does, and Fiat gets the final say. Accept it, Jeep is now a brand of Fiat, sorry it's just the facts. You've been wrong so far, and everything else you've said you contradict or back peddle on so just drop it. It's useless to argue facts man.

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 12:15 PM
What the @!#$ ever dude
Excuse me for correcting myself jackass

Now lets get back on topic... unless you wish to threadjack some more with your Chryslker/Dodge/Jeep sucks and always will suck garbage...

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 3:47 PM
Chrysler did suck. You're only mad because after acting like an arrogant fool he ended up owning you.
But this new fiat ran Chrysler is looking like a whole new animal. I love the little bit I'm seeing. And knowing that Chrysler now shares its bloodline with Ferrari, Alfa, and Lancia is all good. It's an exciting time for this automaker. It's honestly not a bad thing that Chrysler is no long Chrysler

2007 Corvette Z51 | Suzuki Swift GTi SCCA racer | 2008 Edge
Wednesday, December 07, 2011 4:56 PM
Jookycola wrote: I hate when people try to make it sound like Daimler ruined Chrysler.
But that's true. Chrysler was taking off in the 90s quite nicely. If you didn't like them then, or knew of a person that had an issue, then that's another thing. I will admit one thing pre-Daimler era... anything related with Mitsubishi, like their old 2.5L V6, 3.0L V6 found in the 90s Avenger, or the Eagle Talon was really an anchor for Chrysler. But just like Mercedes sells overpriced commuter crap, that philosophy was handed to Chrysler for the new millennium, albeit at bargain prices instead.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Thursday, December 08, 2011 7:40 AM
i like their recent design ques but I still have been converted to a ford fan over these last few years.

Thursday, December 08, 2011 7:45 AM
I like it thus far.

Want hub spacers rear disk brackets or trailing arm bushings? Shoot me a PM.

Thursday, December 08, 2011 8:45 AM
Be nice if this engine was an option on an R/T model. Seems they have a nice diesel motor as well.

Thursday, December 08, 2011 8:57 AM
Looks good, kind of maybe a hint as to what the whole thing will look like?

It has potential.

Thursday, December 08, 2011 11:48 PM
Did I miss it in the wall of text? FWD/AWD/RWD??? I'm going to assume, realistically, it will be FWD but damn, even to a non-purist like me it's just so wrong to pin the Dart name on a non-RWD car...

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said

Friday, December 09, 2011 1:06 AM
JerseyJayL61T wrote:Did I miss it in the wall of text? FWD/AWD/RWD??? I'm going to assume, realistically, it will be FWD but damn, even to a non-purist like me it's just so wrong to pin the Dart name on a non-RWD car...

Or for that matter a re-bodied Alfa Romeo.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 1:16 AM
I love your posts andgd cars(s) past/present. Gotta represent the D!

BLOWN2POINT4 Ion Quad Coupe Autotragic