Detailed My NEW Truck - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Detailed My NEW Truck
Wednesday, May 09, 2012 1:14 PM
Traded my '08 in for this '12 and I couldnt be happier. Insurance went up $2 and payment only went up $45/mo with no extension on the loan. Only paid 6 months on the other truck but this thing is amazing. ABOVE and beyond what my '08 was. It had its little issues but this one is mind. Fresh paint, got it with 152 miles which was all from driving it from the dealer to me. Biggest improvement is the 6spd. im seeing 20-24mpg highway. LOVE it. Also love the in dash satellite radio and the onstar stuff is actually pretty handy. Will probably renew both when the time comes. Swapped over my tonneau cover, had the dealer throw mudflaps in for free, swapped all my cab LED's and silverstar bulbs over. Not going to do much if anything to it really. no need to Onto the pics....

I spent a good amount in the Adam's Polish stuff. Some people like it, others call it a fad. I absolutely love all the stuff I bought.
This was after cleaning the stuff the dealer put on the tires as shine...

I felt so bad for being at work for a week and the pollen and tree seeds falling on it, I felt terrible for neglecting it but I didnt have a choice. Going to feel even worse since starting thursday ill be at work for 2 weeks straight poor truck.
this was after wash, clay, fine hand polish

Im letting it all air out and dry over night. going to SVRT it tomorrow. I do see some people mix their SVRT with water... I need to read into that more and see what all that can or should be used for I guess. Ill have more pics tomorrow but here is the dirty bucket after a hotsy high pressure hot water pressure washing, and then a strip mix foam bath and washing. there was some real nasty crap at the bottom of the bucket once I dumped it out.

And next to the toy should be running soon!

Love my stuff so far. Just need to make more money so I can get the toys I need and more cleaning stuff as well!

Before Glaze and Wax outside pics

After... and playing with my polarizer a little bit.

Re: Detailed My NEW Truck
Wednesday, May 09, 2012 1:27 PM
My step dad has a truck identical to that. Nice trucks!

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 1:40 PM
whats next a 12inch lift with some 40's on a set 22inch xd wheels would look killer

gilligan
Wednesday, May 09, 2012 1:46 PM
Next are painted mirror caps and painted handles... thanks to Joe Schulte. Then possible levelling kit. Want to get the black gm running boards that work as deflectors... not the tube steps. Minor exhaust and intake mods. Stereo eventually... maybe Then eventually vette servos for the trans. Bmf wheels and tint might happen sooner than later. Finish it all off with line x in the bed.

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 2:10 PM
Nice truck. Whats the axle ratio in that? I hear the 6 speed trucks run something like a 3.42. I wished I had a 6 speed in my 08. But I still am getting 22mpg highway in my 4 speed. What leveling kit are you planning to get?
Wednesday, May 09, 2012 2:13 PM
It is the 3.42. Ill end up with the same Rough Country levelling kit I'm sure.... eventually

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 3:58 PM
I guess I'm the only person in the world who likes the raked look, even on trucks. Nice truck though.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 5:16 PM
Roofy wrote:I guess I'm the only person in the world who likes the raked look, even on trucks. Nice truck though.

areed x10

it is a super nice truck, and obviously worlds better than what used to be available in the truck world, i just feel like most the newer trucks out have no "character". kind of bland looking to me.

Thursday, May 10, 2012 2:28 AM
The Rough Country kit is like $65 shipped if I remember right. I cant wait to get mine on and get my new rims and tires.
Thursday, May 10, 2012 5:50 AM
Thursday, May 10, 2012 7:44 AM
Love the truck, just take care of that black paint!

Thursday, May 10, 2012 8:05 AM
blucavvy wrote:
Roofy wrote:I guess I'm the only person in the world who likes the raked look, even on trucks. Nice truck though.

agreed x10

it is a super nice truck, and obviously worlds better than what used to be available in the truck world, i just feel like most the newer trucks out have no "character". kind of bland looking to me.

To me they look beefy with some square to it. Going to look great towing my car I already have to head to the store to get some wipe and shine since I left mine at my parents house I have the WHOLE front plastered with a billion bugs. Good news is they should wipe off so easy that I will barely have to wipe.

The rough country I got was $60 on ebay. Worked great. Handles are en-route as well as mirror caps. Joe might have scored me some rear fender liners too which would be awesome.

Every time I say to my dad that black is so hard to keep clean he has to correct me.... black is not hard to keep clean, it just is easier to look dirty I LOVE LOVE LOVE how amazing it looks when it is clean... It looks like a shimmering glass pool. I love it.

PS Matt.... I have your stuff still. Will be at the CED mega meet june 21st if gurnee is any closer.

Thursday, May 10, 2012 11:06 AM
Is it just me or is the driver side of the front bumper sagging a little?
Love the truck tho. I just think the gm trucks have a nice rugged look to them

Thursday, May 10, 2012 11:08 AM
Just you its the shadows. if you look where the sun is thats whats causing that effect.

Thursday, May 10, 2012 11:41 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Not going to do much if anything to it really. no need to Onto the pics....

BuiltNBoosted wrote:Next are painted mirror caps and painted handles... thanks to Joe Schulte. Then possible levelling kit. Want to get the black gm running boards that work as deflectors... not the tube steps. Minor exhaust and intake mods. Stereo eventually... maybe Then eventually vette servos for the trans. Bmf wheels and tint might happen sooner than later. Finish it all off with line x in the bed.
Lmao, love this, 30 min later there's already a list!!
Good looking truck! Enjoy it!

RIP JessE -- You are not forgotten! | FaceBook | G+
Thursday, May 10, 2012 12:40 PM
Cool Gurnee is still a ride but it might give me an excuse to go and check out the meet at the same time. Yea I love the color black, it's the "glassiest" color out there. It just shows every flaw, if it wasn't that way I'd have every car black..

Thursday, May 10, 2012 12:48 PM
Yeah bring the cav up.. get some pics. Jason is going to try to make it as well and shoot pics.

My favorite color hands down is GM silver. Ryans car looked good but my friends firebird makes me love silver the most. brightest silver ive ever seen.

Thursday, May 10, 2012 3:32 PM
Love it man, real clean! Wish I had the desire to clean mine as well.

Thursday, May 10, 2012 10:07 PM
Very nice truck. My brother has a 09 and loves it. If I go the truck route. I might look at rado's.

Friday, May 11, 2012 9:39 AM
FAIL... complex decided it was a good day to mow.... heres to 60mph dust off I hope. It looks so good for a short time got bugs all off though

i looked at all the trucks....

never trusted dodge trans as far as i could throw it. fords just never appealed to me as far as the deals go. was told to get a titan because of uber awesome mpg's but the trans's cant take towing very well so that was out. Talked to a dealer that treats us better than well and i was sold. love the combo and overall package.

Friday, May 11, 2012 4:37 PM
Lookin good! I picked up a 2011 back in October myself, love the 6-speed. Had several before with the 4-speed and it's a world of difference.

Friday, May 11, 2012 5:15 PM
Almost ended up in a sierra but my dealer didnt deal them and im overall happier in a bowtie. I might pull the front plastic valence off on mine again. I did it on my 08 and it looked better. Not a fan of how much it hangs down. Plus the bumper has the vent in it for those that try to pull the it cools the engine argument...

Your pic is a prime example of why i got the mud flaps and why I want the full guard running boards!

Friday, May 11, 2012 9:55 PM
If i were to buy a new truck i think i'd get a toyota. They're so nice and that 381 hp would be nice. Don't get me wrong i do like your truck but everyone has them if i was gonna spend all that money i'd wanna stand out lol.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3877823
Friday, May 11, 2012 11:22 PM
315/335 is more than enough for what I need to pull with and not have to sacrifice mileage.

if you were to get the Toyota, dont plan on towing with it unless its under warranty for trans replacement. That trans was designed for mileage not for loads.

Saturday, May 12, 2012 2:20 AM
I am on the fence about the fender liners. I kinda like showing off my rust haha. The previous owner bought the truck in the salty states and gave the truck its rusty character...at least on the frame and axle lol. I may eventually get the liners... if I ever get around to doing corrosion control. I really wanna get a 4' lift but $$$ is not easy to come by so its level and rims and tires for me. But even at stock height, I have seen these trucks go thru some good size mud ditches and not get stuck
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search