New Daily Driver - REDSEXY.....pt 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Daily Driver - REDSEXY.....pt 2
Wednesday, May 23, 2012 7:33 AM
Last October I sold my 2003 LS Sport Sedan.

Bought a 2008 G8, fully loaded V6. Liquid Red exterior, ONYX Black leather interior w/Moonroof. Bought it for $5,000 less than the Bank's Blackbook had it listed for.

Shortly after taking ownership I fell in Love with this car. Just wanted more power. The clear coat had begun to flake off the hood and front bumper & mirror caps. This was covered under warranty. I also wanted to remove the license plate holder that we do not require here in MI. So March 28th I dropped RedSexy off to get the warranty repair and fix the holes in the bumper.

After several weeks of waiting my baby came home looking like NEW!

Picked her up from LaFontaine in Highland and drove her DIRECTLY to Al Serra in Grand Blanc to get my new RedSexy......... This was Wednesday April 25th.

While she was in the shop, I fell in Love with her younger sister. Signed the papers and had the windows tinted. I drove RedSexy for 6months, put 10,000miles on her and traded her in for more than I paid,

April 27th I dropped off RedSexy part 2 at Discount Tire for some new shoes. I found a set of new 22" Giovanna wheels for 1/3 of the price of some staggered 20" I was going to buy.

I had my painter add a few touches.

She has plenty of get up and go.

RedSexy part 2 is a 2009.5 G8 GT with a 6.0L 361hp V8 - 31,000miles on the odometer and has the Sport Package w/19" factory wheels and Aluminum sport pedals. Also had the 2-tone Red/Black leather interior. I do miss the moonroof.

I added some Pypes Violators Axle-Back mufflers and a SuperChips Cortex programmer for now. Future plans are a Roto-Fab intake along with some American Racing 1 7/8" Long tube headers and a trip to Vector Motorsports for a Dyno tune. A lot of guys see 385-400 RWHP with these mods. These engine respond to mods very easily.

Anyway, thought I'd share.

Re: New Daily Driver - REDSEXY.....pt 2
Wednesday, May 23, 2012 8:21 AM
Love the car, couldn't hate your taste in wheels more. Sorry.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 8:27 AM
That's fine, I won't ask you to make not one single car payment for me, EVER.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 8:30 AM
Wow man that is the sexiest G8 I have ever seen! Nice work bro

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 8:41 AM
Thank you sir.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 9:01 AM
Sexy car horrid wheels
Wednesday, May 23, 2012 10:21 AM
LS POWER g8 ftw. Wheels not so much......... Overall approved

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 10:24 AM
Yea, sorry James i dont like the wheels either. They are just the wrong style IMO, but its not my car.

But they are nice cars. A local buddy has one and with a basic cam swap, torque converter, CAI, and a few other small misc. things he put down 430whp. They seem to respond very well to mods.

"Project 69'"
1969 Chevrolet C/10, 1/2 ton, 2wd
-Boosted LS1?
-Richmond ROD 6-speed(will get sometime)
-Posi 12-bolt(built w/eaton posi unit and richmond 3.73 gears)
-Disc brake and 5 lug swap
+little extras
Wednesday, May 23, 2012 12:15 PM
I like Chrome, Always have. No one liked the wheels (well majority) on my Cavalier either.

Those wheels are just what I like. I'm fine if people who are more "performance inspired" don't like em. I get compliments on the car and wheels daily. From teenagers to Old retired white men who drive Buicks to middle aged black men driving Cadillacs and everyone in between.

The interior on this car is SWEET!

Here is where the Cavalier sits for now....

Thanks for the feedback, good or bad.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 1:03 PM
Love these cars, but Im with the majority on the rims here.
Will I be seeing it this weekend at the JBOM BBQ?

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 1:08 PM
I'll be there.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 1:38 PM
Looking good juiceman, never realized you had replaced the original V6 with the real one!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 2:06 PM
It was a secret. Until people seen how quick it was. :-)

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 2:12 PM
I love it man. And the more I look at the rims the more I don't hate them. But it is yours. I could see them on something like a 300C or something like that. Like it better than the rims on the Cavy.

I am Jelly though.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 3:49 PM
I wish I could have a G8GT. Nice car. Do what you want because your the one that has to drive it.

"Remember do what you like because you have to drive it."--Me
Thursday, May 24, 2012 9:04 PM
Nice ride.I literally just bought almost the same car last friday, and love it...

Your wheels are growing on me.

Unfortunately I have to keep the front plate in MO.

Thursday, May 24, 2012 9:40 PM
Gotta say the wheels are growing on me as well....looking good!

http://www.autotalk.com/pictures/data/1536/medium/2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Xtreme_002_autotalk_com_.jpg
Thursday, May 24, 2012 9:56 PM
I am with the majority on the rims, horrible at first but going on me in the last min. Always loved those cars, shame it was under the pontiac name. I have read reports GM is bringing a RWD platform to the US. Based on a holden platform again.

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Friday, May 25, 2012 6:21 AM
Yes, Basically ht eG8 will return next year badged as the Chevrolet SS.

The wheels in person look better than a photo to me. The photos don't let your eye see how nice the dish looks, the fact that they are proportioned to the wheel well and don't stick out makes me love me more.

@ SunfireN2O, Nice ride buddy.

Friday, May 25, 2012 6:22 AM
I just noticed, I have 1 photo of the car with stock wheels. And 0 photos under the hood before I started changing it.

Saturday, May 26, 2012 8:37 AM
Hows the ride on those rubber bands? lol wheels are not my taste, but still a clean car nonetheless. I'd love to see a clean set of 19s-20s and more low... these cars have some killer potential and look so good slammed...

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter

Sunday, May 27, 2012 6:42 AM
I love the car, and did not know they made a V6 of that car. Sad that they did actually.

I also do not like the wheels. To me the car is not setup (looks wise) for those wheels. Now your cavy fully supports the wheels it has

Local Jbody owner has a G8 GTP. Can't wait until the twin turbo kit goes on it. Should be a very fun ride.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 12:42 PM
few pics of the wheel covers on and painted. Pretty nice that I can go from Chrome to Red in a matter of minutes.

Installing the new ROTO-FAB intake tonight. :-)

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 2:36 PM
where I'm from u either have a race lookin track type car or a pimped out flashy chrome everything car. I love both styles, if it was up to me I'd own both styles, ur G8 is sexy, love it even better with the red wheel covers.

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Wednesday, June 13, 2012 6:38 PM
I love G8's. Nice choice sir

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search