Supercharged Grand Am Dyno - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Supercharged Grand Am Dyno
Friday, May 04, 2012 6:51 PM
So it managed 208.6whp and I am fine with that. I was hoping to be over 200whp. My high hopes were 220whp so almost landed in the middle. Tuner says thats about 253-257hp to the crank. Thats over 100hp gain from the factory. I am well happy with that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hId8bRWb8Zs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og8yorScHyM

Here are the dyno sheets he gave me. The first one is horsepower and torque. Now this is interesting. After tuning, he found some issues. One major one was the METH KIT. He did one run with the meth on (red line) and one run with the meth off (blue line.) Look at the difference. Its like 40hp difference! I guess this supercharger just doesnt get hot enough. IATs were 180 degrees without the meth.

This second pic shows my afr and its more steady than before the meth. 1-2 degrees of knock here or there, leans out just a little at top end, and adjusted timing. Says the car is a lot faster now. We'll see I guess.

Re: Supercharged Grand Am Dyno
Friday, May 04, 2012 7:27 PM
thatll work for a daily driven street car!

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Friday, May 04, 2012 8:46 PM
First GREAT NUMBERS!!!!!

Second so are you running meth now? Did he tune for the meth? 180 degree's is alot of IAT. I'm over spinning my M45 and I do not see that. If the 208 was off meth, tuned with meth I bet you will be 220.

Regardless those are great numbers. Since the car is a little heavier I would so a very low 14 second car.

FU Tuning

Saturday, May 05, 2012 7:56 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:First GREAT NUMBERS!!!!!

Second so are you running meth now? Did he tune for the meth? 180 degree's is alot of IAT. I'm over spinning my M45 and I do not see that. If the 208 was off meth, tuned with meth I bet you will be 220.

Regardless those are great numbers. Since the car is a little heavier I would so a very low 14 second car.

he posted the meth was costing him horsepower

Saturday, May 05, 2012 10:39 PM
I may be done with this car now. Maybe dyno somewhere else that isnt called the heart break dyno lol. The one I went to is called that because it reads lower than everyone else. And maybe the track in the winter.

Sunday, May 06, 2012 5:11 AM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:
Addicted to meth wrote:First GREAT NUMBERS!!!!!

he posted the meth was costing him horsepower

I know that, but that is why I asked my questions. Meth tuned properly should not cost power on this setup. Looking at the AFR on the chart I believe it was not tuned for.

You are right that a Dyno Dynamics Dyno's are usually 18% lower than a DynoJet. So I got you around 245whp. Which is just Fing GREAT!!!!

FU Tuning

Sunday, May 06, 2012 6:10 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:You are right that a Dyno Dynamics Dyno's are usually 18% lower than a DynoJet. So I got you around 245whp. Which is just Fing GREAT!!!!

I dont know about that bro but I will hit the dynojet for one run just to see. My goal (honestly) was to just dyno higher than you haha. Your the only person I know with the highest M45 time with a pretty much stock block.

Sunday, May 06, 2012 8:14 PM
Craig wrote:
Addicted to meth wrote:You are right that a Dyno Dynamics Dyno's are usually 18% lower than a DynoJet. So I got you around 245whp. Which is just Fing GREAT!!!!

I dont know about that bro but I will hit the dynojet for one run just to see. My goal (honestly) was to just dyno higher than you haha. Your the only person I know with the highest M45 time with a pretty much stock block.

a good goal to have!

as far as I'm concerned you have me beat power wise. I need to get back on the dyno.

FU Tuning

Monday, May 07, 2012 6:24 PM
I love that one comment "I have 2 more cylinders AND a larger supercharger, how come I dyno'ed 60HP higher than you? Durrrrrr" .lol

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Monday, May 07, 2012 6:30 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:I love that one comment "I have 2 more cylinders AND a larger supercharger, how come I dyno'ed 60HP higher than you? Durrrrrr" .lol

LMAO.

Friday, May 11, 2012 10:53 PM
208 is still solid dude.... Can't wait to see whats really to come of the numbers.

Saturday, May 12, 2012 6:54 AM
Ditch the m45 and get an m62 or even m90 setup
Wednesday, May 16, 2012 7:12 PM
Troys SS wrote:Ditch the m45 and get an m62 or even m90 setup

Thought about the M90 but it takes more power to turn it. Only advantage I see is the ability to water to air intercool it.

I am considering in selling the M45 kit but if I do then Im definately going M62 route. However, problem #1 is I would need to keep the idler pulley for that. So whoever would buy the kit needs to figure out what to do about that. And problem #2, I wouldnt sell this kit that cheap being its a prototype, and Im not sure if it would sell for what I want for it.

This prototype kit isnt any faster than the retail M45 kits. But the main difference... Stock M45 kit on 2.8 pulley on my car I reached 201 degrees of IAT. This prototype kit WITH 2.5 pulley and OD crank which is double the boost maybe more, 180 degrees of IAT. Thats with NO meth injection.

Im still up in the air to go for something bigger or modify this manifold and make an air to air intercooler.

Thursday, May 17, 2012 11:02 AM
bah.. if you want more power just build the engine up for it and if you STILL need more hook up a bottle.

Friday, May 18, 2012 7:11 PM
Pfff. Im not building the motor. I dont even want to touch the cams. I think I will stick with this blower and have it as the DD. But I measured the pulley btw. Its not exactly 2 1/2 which is 2.5000 like I thought. 2 9/16 which is 2.5625 is what I measured. I need to find that rpm formula.

Oh and this thing screams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCLRLUcDofU

Friday, May 18, 2012 7:42 PM
If I did the math correctly Im spinning the charger at 17756rpm. Thats not so bad.

Thursday, May 24, 2012 7:18 PM
Well if you want to get rid of it i will gladly trade you for a regular m45 with the 2.5 pulley already installed

Still very nice and respectable numbers Craig.

Eat my shift
Thursday, May 24, 2012 8:04 PM
Damn, very nice man! What are you lowered on?

13.520 @ 98mph! 220whp 234tq
Friday, May 25, 2012 7:47 PM
M2 wrote:Well if you want to get rid of it i will gladly trade you for a regular m45 with the 2.5 pulley already installed

Still very nice and respectable numbers Craig.

Never. But if you throw some cash in with this trade, you will make the list of many variables for me to consider. Cuz soon enough, this blower will be up for grabs.

02cavcruzin wrote:Damn, very nice man! What are you lowered on?

Oh jeez I think Tenzo R lowering springs? I got them on ebay like 5 years ago? Lol. They are made for a jbody though. They dont fit perfect. But its hard to find anything made for this damn car.

Saturday, May 26, 2012 7:18 AM
I found some sprint lowering springs on ebay that are suppose to lower it 1.6 inch front and back. Not really low enough imo as it looks as if it has a lift kit lol

13.520 @ 98mph! 220whp 234tq
Sunday, May 27, 2012 12:44 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:
Craig wrote:

a good goal to have!

as far as I'm concerned you have me beat power wise. I need to get back on the dyno.

wade jarvis did 214whp with m45 on a dynojet with a completely bone stock internally engine as well as completely bone stock exhaust, even the muffler. then did 217whp on a dynojet with a built engine and secret cams/ported head LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, May 27, 2012 12:45 PM

Sunday, May 27, 2012 7:28 PM
I dont even know what to respond to that lol. Ill dynojet when it gets cooler here in az. Ill have my meth fixed too so it atomizes better and all. Then the track. Then done.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search