Little update on my E30. - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Little update on my E30.
Sunday, May 27, 2012 1:33 PM
Ok, so I just got a new licence plate and new headlights so I can actually SEE at night now. And I guess I also put new emblems on that aren't all nasty.

Pics:

Sheriff showed up for something completely unrelated to cars while I was taking the pictures.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Re: Little update on my E30.
Sunday, May 27, 2012 6:44 PM
That car would look great if the front end wasn't such a mess. I do like that generation of BMW, though. They look simple and clean.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Sunday, May 27, 2012 8:05 PM
Front end isn't all that bad. Fender and hood were replaced and resprayed VERY poorly. Lip needs paint stripped(It was never meant to be painted), and the valence needs the passenger side slightly pulled out and for my lazy ass to put the brake duct back in lol. With the deal I got on the car, some time and zero money that it will take to get the front end aligned and looking right is worth it. I am going to have the whole car stripped and resprayed anyway in a year or so.

Finding an E30 with zero rust is near impossible here. And DTP can attest to the lack of rust, even under the car. We couldn't find ANY until I took the battery out and found one spot of surface rust that I promptly sanded, treated, and sprayed. And I'm also definitely with you on this generation. It's my second E30 for a reason. These cars are just too cool and too fun!

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Sunday, May 27, 2012 8:56 PM
I love E30s! Can't wait to see it with the front end tidy'd up! Love the giant Pedobear sticker, too, lol

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Sunday, May 27, 2012 9:11 PM
i swear i commented on this earlier! those wheels look way to much impala SS wheels lol. e30 love!

Sunday, May 27, 2012 9:18 PM
Thing is, they're some rare simmons wheels but no one wants them.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Sunday, May 27, 2012 11:30 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Thing is, they're some rare simmons wheels but no one wants them.

figured it out... i commented about your car in my post lol

Monday, May 28, 2012 12:06 AM
A few things.....
I like how the car is progressing, but if it were me, I would respray the entire front bumper red and do the rear and sideskirts as well. It would kinda have the M3 look going on.

Seconly, it always kinda weirded me out how much the E30's had a resembance to the B13 Sentras.

And lastly, what the hell were the cops doing there??? LOL

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Monday, May 28, 2012 12:22 AM
1st gen cavaliers had the same profile also... many cars in the 80s did lol

Monday, May 28, 2012 8:19 AM
teh 80s design was box on rectangle thats all. sweet lil e 30. i think about grabbing one every time i am in the yard and see half a dozen.

Monday, May 28, 2012 11:24 AM
If you see half a dozen in pick-it yards, I have a shopping list for you...... Pick-it yards usually have flat pricing that has nothing to do with what kind of car it is, but my local one with all the Mexican's hunting down anything with a foreign emblem along with the local E30 guys, if the local yards get one, it's picked to the bones FAST.

Roofy: I don't have any major exterior plans honestly. Because it's FREE, first order is to take the bumper off, take the valence and lip off, straighten the valence and strip/back-to-black the lip. When it get's closer to paint time I'll start looking for some stock side skirts or iX skirts/flares as well as a rear apron to bring the entirety of the car as low as the front lip or close. At that point, yes the black rock guard and front lip will be sanded and prepped properly for paint.

Now, this car is by no means a show car. I'm doing a trans swap and replacing all the bushings and mounts that I can. At that point, I'll keep autocrossing and daily driving it. The damage doesn't even bother me much at this point either. It's still a fun, cool, older car

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 7:40 AM
yeah there are quite a few, also some same gen 5 series and teh newer 3 series are all over the place. almost no j love though, friggin odd

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 11:46 AM
MTR BOAT. lmao i love all ur licence plates.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 4:36 PM
i never knew the 30s came in AWD /

1990 awd 5sp!

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 6:26 PM
You didn't know about the iX? Pssshhhh and you like E30's? POSER! lol

And Mike, seriously... how are the prices at your yards, and are you willing to snag parts and ship them to me? lol

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 6:30 PM
Also, azn, if you can get all the details on why it has a salvaged title and get ALL the info and the car is solid other than windows not moving, that's not a terrible asking price to start haggling. If you're serious about it, and a test drive checks out, keep making a stink about the title and windows and lowball the guy and see what you can get it for! The thing is, these cars are real common for window switches going out. That's a dirt cheap and easy fix, even a complete motor®ulator isn't expensive.

And thanks Brad, I just can't have a boring plate. If you MAKE me put something on my car, I might as well do what I can to make it my own Now U STFU!

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 6:31 PM
AND AGAIN, kind of wondering, if all the windows but the drivers don't work, and it appears to have a damaged lock-out switch, if it's just a dumbass owner who doesn't realize the lock-out is stuck on lol.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 7:17 PM
iv only been really interested in bimmers until lately lol. and the e30 isn't in my plans though. i wouldn't mind it of course, but one is enough for now haha

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 7:23 PM
heh yeah. The more I look at the front end, the more character I think it has... the car has a story. When I straighten it out and respray it, i might keep the cracked bumper at least

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 3:01 AM
Roofy wrote:Seconly, it always kinda weirded me out how much the E30's had a resembance to the B13 Sentras.

Other way around, the sentra looked like an e30. And it was done on purpose Nissan used the e30 as a benchmark performance wise for that gen Sentra.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 4:10 PM
that profile was used on the sentra since 1986 or 87.. it was more square..
which even shows more of a resemblance lol

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 9:17 PM
1970ish Datsun 510

flickr No worries man, just a civil exchange of opinions.
Wednesday, May 30, 2012 9:51 PM
Wow, just like everyone with today's cars, you can follow trends in styling by generation. Congrats guys.

And btw, AZN, the E30 has been around since 1982 and the styling you see on my car has been around since 1985. So, no, the BMW guys STILL weren't trying to copy Nissan lol.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 10:02 PM
oh i know that... i never said that lol... just mentioned ment they shared the same profile.. shoot the toyota tercel looks like a smaller version of my car and even the civic coupe has almost the same profile of some years

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 10:21 PM
Yeah like I said, people just keep pointing out age-related styling cues that has always happened througout the years. Hell, look at the classics that everyone drools over, they all had similar lines and profiles, but no one beat it to death and acted like it was some horrible thing.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search