New Project - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Project
Monday, June 11, 2012 3:09 PM
Well, my 97 Cavalier blew it's head gasket and I've been having a lot of problem with it, so I went out and got a car. 1999 Honda Civic DX with 66,XXX miles. Completely bone stock. I don't know a whole lot about Civics but my first plan is to get a set of wheels and lower it. I know the engine that it has isn't high on the scale of tuning, but with only 66k on it I'd like to leave it in. What are some decent things I can do to it to give it a little more power? Thanks for any info.

Re: New Project
Monday, June 11, 2012 5:23 PM
There actually not a bad platform to tune with that engine. Look into the "Mini-me" swap. Cheaper way to get decent power and vtack out of it. Honda sites are you friend.

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Monday, June 11, 2012 5:59 PM
i would join a civic forum. and check your local craigslist, plus parts are dime a dozen for hondas. i bet for 1k you can have a sweet looking daily..

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:35 PM
slvrblit wrote:There actually not a bad platform to tune with that engine. Look into the "Mini-me" swap. Cheaper way to get decent power and vtack out of it. Honda sites are you friend.

Fck the Mini-Me. Youre better off just throwing a full D16Z6 in it. It came in the EXs that year so it should be a cake swap. Actually all Honda swaps are cake swaps.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search