I might have a patinagasm... - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I might have a patinagasm...
Sunday, June 10, 2012 4:38 PM
My old man has been buying parts for his Buick from a guy in Michigan for a while now, as the guy parted the car out. A week ago the guy got tired of parting it out and told us we could have everything he had for $350... our answer... give me a week!

We walked away with a new shell, un-molested chassis, rear end, fenders, radiator support, dash, a bunch of original rear brake parts, and a bunch of service and owners manuals from 1940. All of which are in quite a bit better shape than the shell we have.

Now to convince him we should rat rod it...

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.

Re: I might have a patinagasm...
Sunday, June 10, 2012 7:51 PM
I'm still on the fence about patina. I guess it doesn't look too bad on an all original survivor, but then you see the rat-rods with $20K in driveline and the rused body, it just screams "unfinished" to me I guess. But nonetheless, awesome score!!!!

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Sunday, June 10, 2012 8:07 PM
god damn.. got enough sexy j-bodies sitting around?

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Monday, June 11, 2012 8:13 AM
I like the rat look to a point but with the parts in that good of a condition I would treat the rust so it does nto spread. you can always leave the surface rust on the exterior but I would make sure it didn;t get too much cancer.

Monday, June 11, 2012 9:27 AM
Mike (Needs Boost) wrote:I like the rat look to a point but with the parts in that good of a condition I would treat the rust so it does nto spread. you can always leave the surface rust on the exterior but I would make sure it didn;t get too much cancer.

This pretty much sums up what I was going to say. Fix what you can, then slam the hell out of that thing to make a bitchin' patina-covered hot rod.

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Monday, June 11, 2012 3:12 PM
The patina look would really only work if you had the rest of the body parts off of the car and the patina all matched. I say at least put it in black or tinted primer at least....
Monday, June 11, 2012 4:28 PM
We bought the doors, rear fenders and trunk off of this exact car 6 months ago, haha.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, June 11, 2012 4:28 PM

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:31 PM
Looks badass Tim. On an unrelated note I thought I saw you at a concert in Maryland the other day. Haha

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:38 PM
Haha, yeah wasn't me.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search