Subaru BRZ - Page 4 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Subaru BRZ
Monday, June 11, 2012 1:34 PM
The Toyota/Scion reps confirmed to me that there will be S/C kit available through Scion, like the GMPP's kit had for us.^
No numbers were exchanged on the specifics of this... unfortunately at that time.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Monday, June 11, 2012 1:35 PM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:The Toyota/Scion reps confirmed to me that there will be S/C kit available through Scion, like the GMPP's kit had for us.^
No numbers were exchanged on the specifics of this... unfortunately at that time.

Meh, the TRD Scion TC S/C kit was a joke, here's to hoping they've learned.

Monday, June 11, 2012 1:39 PM
Is this in production yet?????
Im no dummy, but I swear I saw one around town!
Im going to try and find it again and snap a pic.
I just have to remember where I was driving that I saw one!
Monday, June 11, 2012 10:15 PM
Yes, they are in production and being delivered to dealerships. I have seen a blue and also a white BRZ on a car hauler and one on the road already. They are really low sitting cars. I soooo want one but I still owe $17k on my Silverado. Sooo Its gonna have to wait a few years I suppose
Tuesday, June 12, 2012 1:56 AM
01cavZ24 wrote:Yes, they are in production and being delivered to dealerships.

Scion's version was officially for sale last week as well.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 3:27 AM
I have driven a red manual, and last night the wife and I drove a white auto. I might be buying the white auto tonight after work, $26500.

The auto and manual feel the same. I even drifted the auto last night with the sales man.

The TRD supercharger kit will be out early 2013, and most of the other TRD stuff will be out September. The Five Axis is the only one no one knows about yet.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, June 12, 2012 8:06 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:I have driven a red manual, and last night the wife and I drove a white auto. I might be buying the white auto tonight after work, $26500.

The auto and manual feel the same. I even drifted the auto last night with the sales man.

The TRD supercharger kit will be out early 2013, and most of the other TRD stuff will be out September. The Five Axis is the only one no one knows about yet.

You enjoyed it that much during your test drive?

What are your thoughts?

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 8:12 AM
Good to hear Mike, trading anything in on such?

One thing I absolutely enjoyed about them is the dash, haven't been attracted to a dash in some time now, has a nice flow.

Looked @ both versions last weekend, been debating such in my head myself.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:00 AM
Eternal wrote:You enjoyed it that much during your test drive?
What are your thoughts?

It is, hands down, the best feeling / handling car I have test driven. Period.

4000-5000 torque sucks. 1500-4000 it is good, and 5000 to redline is great. Manual or Auto. If you look up some of the dyno graphs on it. ALL of them loose torque in that area. It is kinda strange.

Sport mode in the auto is pretty much the same as the manual. At least speed wise, and power delivery wise. The auto "seems" faster, and I have read that also from others. To drift it, you can just flick it and power on. There is no need to clutch kick, or no need for the e-brake either. It is the easiest car I have even been in sideways, stock for stock. The 350Z is a close second. Also, the auto doesn't like down shifts above 5 grand. It will flat out not let you downshift to close to redline. It will just beep at you. lol

Turning off the trac and VSC controls makes the car sportier feeling. There are two trac off modes. Kinda off and full off. There are I think four VSC modes. Normal, Sport, snow, and off. Snow only in the auto version. Also the auto has normal, sport, or snow for shifting.
Manuals have only two buttons, and autos have three. I liked the paddle shifters on the auto a lot, and a lot more than the Camaro's. The shifts felt more sharp than the camaro's also.

Body fitment of external and internal panels are @!#$ flawless. Better than any GM product. Hell better than the ZR1 I was in.

My large frame 6'2" and 265 lbs fit fine. The car is low to get into, and I had to lower the seat all the way down. I actually really liked how low it sat. The sides of the seat "just" fit around my love handles. Back seats are laughable if anyone wants to sit behind me. There is plenty of room for small-medium adults in the front and rear. Large adults kill any room.

I may be trading in the HHR on it. Not sure yet, the wife wants me to keep the HHR. As strange as that may be. I REALLY REALLY probably going to get the auto if I buy one.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:05 AM
If you pursue trading the HHR in, let me know, curious to see how Scion treats pre-owned. I was lowballed quite nicely on my HHR already, but IIRC Scion handles preowned vehicles pretty fairly granted all will vary.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:08 AM
They told me 5-7 grand. Probably 6ish with my 83,000 miles, but they wouldn't confirm anything yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:09 AM

PRND321 Till I DIE

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 4:20 PM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:
Eternal wrote:You enjoyed it that much during your test drive?
What are your thoughts?

It is, hands down, the best feeling / handling car I have test driven. Period.

4000-5000 torque sucks. 1500-4000 it is good, and 5000 to redline is great. Manual or Auto. If you look up some of the dyno graphs on it. ALL of them loose torque in that area. It is kinda strange.

Sport mode in the auto is pretty much the same as the manual. At least speed wise, and power delivery wise. The auto "seems" faster, and I have read that also from others. To drift it, you can just flick it and power on. There is no need to clutch kick, or no need for the e-brake either. It is the easiest car I have even been in sideways, stock for stock. The 350Z is a close second. Also, the auto doesn't like down shifts above 5 grand. It will flat out not let you downshift to close to redline. It will just beep at you. lol

Turning off the trac and VSC controls makes the car sportier feeling. There are two trac off modes. Kinda off and full off. There are I think four VSC modes. Normal, Sport, snow, and off. Snow only in the auto version. Also the auto has normal, sport, or snow for shifting.
Manuals have only two buttons, and autos have three. I liked the paddle shifters on the auto a lot, and a lot more than the Camaro's. The shifts felt more sharp than the camaro's also.

Body fitment of external and internal panels are @!#$ flawless. Better than any GM product. Hell better than the ZR1 I was in.

My large frame 6'2" and 265 lbs fit fine. The car is low to get into, and I had to lower the seat all the way down. I actually really liked how low it sat. The sides of the seat "just" fit around my love handles. Back seats are laughable if anyone wants to sit behind me. There is plenty of room for small-medium adults in the front and rear. Large adults kill any room.

I may be trading in the HHR on it. Not sure yet, the wife wants me to keep the HHR. As strange as that may be. I REALLY REALLY probably going to get the auto if I buy one.

Wow, thank you for your review.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 3:53 AM
Well I think the dealer sold the car off to a "buddy" of the owner. Kinda pisses me off. They will not have another till next year sometime. All four they had are now gone.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Wednesday, June 13, 2012 7:15 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:Well I think the dealer sold the car off to a "buddy" of the owner. Kinda pisses me off. They will not have another till next year sometime. All four they had are now gone.

Wow, wtf

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 8:19 AM
Search for other dealerships and make sure when u buy one, they know you went elsewhere because of them.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 11:39 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:

The irony here is I was just reading an article today that Scion released to all their dealers warning them of "poor fitting body panels" on the FRS...LOL

It didn't say how many cars were affected, just that the body panels "were below customers expectations of proper fitment"

Still a wicked little car, seen a couple of them in person the other weekend, hopefully they fix whatever the issue is with the body panels.

LOVE the center mounted tach...its very Porsche.

Thursday, June 14, 2012 3:55 AM
I read that also. Not sure if the dealer did anything or not, but they were damn near perfect.

Dustin the closest other scion dealer is about an hour away, and they haven't even got one yet.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Thursday, June 14, 2012 6:55 PM
get a brz then.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search