Toaster Love.. (: - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Toaster Love.. (:
Thursday, March 15, 2012 4:36 PM
Well I decided to finally start a build thread for the toaster.. I totaled the cavalier January 6, and bought this beauty a week later. 2011 Scion xB Army Rock Metallic, alot of people hate the xB's because of their boxiness and what not, but it made me love it more... Anyways on to the pics..

Picture of how it looked when i purchased it

5% tint all around with a 8 inch sun strip

And today did some work to the rims, and they came out much better than anticipated. After a few months, I plan on getting them powder coated.

Really dont have much more planned for it exterior wise, it will be getting lowered just trying to decide on what setup to go with, Im down to three choices just have to do a little more research. And plan on blacking out the headlights, and upgrading to HID's. I beleive thats about it for now, C&C welcome (:

Re: Toaster Love.. (:
Thursday, March 15, 2012 4:45 PM
Driving with tint that dark would get insanely annoying, especially with such a low sun strip to cut and skew your line of sight.... otherwise, neat pick up. Even though I don't particularly like these things, I just can't hate on anyone upgrading from their J lol. It's an upgrade for sure.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Thursday, March 15, 2012 5:35 PM
Honestly, its really not that bad, and the strip is perfect with the low seats and angle of the windshield, it is just perfect.

Thursday, March 15, 2012 5:59 PM
When i lowered my buddies 09 box he chose to go with the TRD springs n struts and it made a world of differance. Other stuff we also did was the trd front strut bar, trd rear sway bar, trd exhaust, trd cold air intake, and a header upgrade, and cross drilled/slotted rotors. yes seems alot of trd but ended up costing him same or less to get these cause we were able to get wholesale.

Thursday, March 15, 2012 6:01 PM
Love it! Nice toaster!

http://www.autotalk.com/pictures/data/1536/medium/2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Xtreme_002_autotalk_com_.jpg
Friday, March 16, 2012 10:57 AM
i love mine, it just has HID's and weathertech floormats and tow hitch for a rear step
Friday, March 16, 2012 11:20 AM
I HATE These cars.
Except for yours, those white rims just look amazing on it!

Monday, March 19, 2012 6:04 PM
Thanks guys (:
Bluedriftcavy(Eco Swapper) - I plan on getting better sway bars, and strut bar. As for the suspension, I'm in between two sets from KSport, or a set from D2BD, either way it will be slammed (:

Just some more randomness, tinted the foglights and finished the passenger wheels.

If I can work my nerves up to do it, next I will be taking apart the headlights and blacking them out..

Monday, March 19, 2012 6:16 PM
Love the color. Brother has an '09 on Ksport Control Pro. I'll put some pics up so you can see. Coils are very comfortable and low to boot.

Monday, March 19, 2012 6:25 PM
http://www.newscionxb.com/members/12304-scottiwan92-albums-2009-scion-xb-rs6-0.html

Here is his little profile page. Just a few pictures.

We've got room to go down in the front and rear. So if you had a desire to go low these aren't bad for the price.

Monday, March 19, 2012 9:32 PM
I like the white wheels. Looking forward to the drop.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 4:45 PM
Nice looking xB! That color is really interesting (in a good way). We have the same engine, so if you're looking for an intake, I highly recommend the K&N Typhoon CAI (#69-8613TS). I've got one and it makes the 2.4L sound amazing!

FYI TRD parts can be had for dirt cheap on eBay and TRD Sparks.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 5:41 AM
I liked it before you riced the wheels

Sunday, May 20, 2012 6:31 PM
Things haven't changed much... will be getting D2BD coilovers within two weeks hopefully, then slamming it and seeing how well it holds up on my vacation to Texas this July. Trying to decide if I should keep the white wheels or go back to the original color... Opinions???

and just some random pictures..

Monday, May 21, 2012 3:54 PM
Curious to see how it looks on coilovers, keep the pics coming.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 6:58 AM
I liked the wheels better before, but the cars color is a nice one.

Want hub spacers rear disk brackets or trailing arm bushings? Shoot me a PM.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 10:02 AM
Thanks guys, for the wheels I had used plasti dip so if i do decide to change it back it wont be hard at all. The white is just Bit$% to clean, im assuming since it "rubber" and has more texture than having rims traditionally painted. I am going to be ordering the coilovers tonight

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 4:52 PM
def change back to a color other than white. otherwise not a bad car.

Thursday, June 21, 2012 11:54 PM
Got these in the mail today, planning on installing them on my next day off, which unfortunately is not until next Thursday...

Friday, June 22, 2012 12:02 AM
Those look very nice, how low do you plan to go?

Friday, June 22, 2012 5:06 PM
Thanks, I'm not sure on how low yet. I know I do want to have a minimal of no wheel gap, but will go from there if I want it any lower

Friday, June 22, 2012 9:01 PM
I don't mind the vehicle. But, that color is just not so great. Lol

Thursday, June 28, 2012 4:21 PM
Made alot of progress today!
Started off with this:

New v.s. Old

Fronts installed but was too low and couldnt completely turn the wheel..

End of the day

Tomorrow I'm planning on adjusting the rear a bit more to even it out, and throwing on my skid plate..
Within a month or so, I plan on rolling and pulling the front fenders a bit to get back to the original 1inch lower..
C&C (:

Friday, June 29, 2012 4:06 AM
Original color wheels pls. I think you will be happier with them matching your paint better

Nice drop. This thread makes me want coilovers BAD!

R.I.P. Jesse 07/11/87-01/25/08
14.4 @ 101 Bradenton Motorsports Park 11/22/08

Saturday, June 30, 2012 3:37 PM
I approve, love the drop man.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search