my fz8 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
my fz8
Wednesday, August 01, 2012 8:04 PM
Picked up this on tuesday. Had a wr250x and rode it for a while. Ended up being not enough bike for me to travel the highways, So.... after 4 months of owning it and the last month of it just sitting in the garage, i decided to traded it off. I ended up going with a brand new fz8. worse part of the bike is the break-in, after that i will be able to actually tell how much i like the bike. I do have a couple things inline that i want to do like relocate license plate to the swing arm, integrated turn/tail light, black out head light, get rid of the gold on the front forks, and a couple other things here and there. as i get things done i will try to update the thread.

Re: my fz8
Wednesday, August 01, 2012 8:20 PM
edited

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 8:21 PM
Idk why but I like the gold forks...wonder what they would look like if you used that black crome kit duplicolor makes on them. Can't say I've seen it used on aything other than chrome.

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 8:26 PM
i used it on my headlights to my subaru and it worked out ok. i am still on the fence about using paint. i have in my possesion the 3m carbon fiber look a like stuff(like adam used) that i will most likely using. i like that idea better because if i sell it off it can be removed if they don't like it.

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 8:39 PM
also the reason i am not a fan of the gold forks is to me they really stick out and take away from the rest of the bike. to me this looks so much cleaner.

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 8:42 PM

Thursday, August 02, 2012 6:30 AM
my only concern is the combined tail light/turn combo. after riding 14 years and having some close calls, i want it as clear as possible what my intentions are when i am riding. to me it is putting to much trust in other drivers that they are watching you.

Thursday, August 02, 2012 7:27 AM
Agreed. I almost rear ended a guy on a bike because with his turn signal on I couldn't make out if the brakes were on or not. He did brake very abruptly, but I still couldn't tell what he was doing. Especially with his brake light also blinking.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, August 02, 2012 9:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8_zvY54CNc&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8_zvY54CNc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

That is the one I will be getting. Ones that are the same color as the brake lights are a little harder to tell. With this one it has a sequenceual setup for the way you are turning. I had one on my r6s and loved it.

Thursday, August 02, 2012 8:34 PM
Agree cycling today is def dangerous.The better lights are a must bc some of the newer bikes have some serious hard to see rear signals and braking.I drive a tractor trlr and seeing idiots drvg on the highway makes me less likely to buy another bike.So I recently substituted my wheels update for a new husqvarna riding mower (which I needed).A touch safer and mows my two acres.Btw I had a 92 yamaha seca 2 got new rode for 5yrs,sold it.So NICE bike and safe riding too you!

Friday, August 03, 2012 6:52 AM
i started riding on the highways when i was 14 because in iowa you can get a motorcycle learners permit. but i have had too many close calls and one good friend severly injured because of dumb motorists. I will get another bike but there is no way in hell i will ever ride it to work in omaha. that sport bike of yours is beautiful. what is the seating position like? a lot of weight on your wrists like the older ninja's or a little more up right like some of the new sport touring?

Friday, August 03, 2012 7:38 AM
The seating position is more of a sit up position with a slight forward lean. Not much pressure on your wrists. I sat on a fz1 and fz6 and those are a lot More upright position. I honestly didn't care for the other two at all. I personally like a more forward lean position because I feel more in control of the bike. Especially cornering. The bike seems to have a good amount of power to it also. I still am breaking it in so I have yet to really open it up. Overall I am happy with the bike.

Friday, August 03, 2012 8:55 AM
it is beaut, i would love to have a ducati at some point, but for now i am really interested in finding a motoguzzi 850t. But classic bikes are my heroin, i just can;t quit them.

Friday, August 03, 2012 11:22 AM
Thanks. I have mostly followed the Yamaha line. Not as familiar with the other brand s out there. Sad, I know.

Friday, August 03, 2012 12:50 PM

Friday, August 03, 2012 1:39 PM
Wednesday, August 08, 2012 7:31 PM
Well covered up them big gold forks. The lowers came out better than I thought they would. But the uppers gave me fits. They're not perfect but will do. Now pics.

Thursday, August 09, 2012 4:01 AM
Looks good man, and those lights are pretty slick.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, August 13, 2012 6:48 PM
blacked out the headlight today and i love it. will be ordering the tail light and license plate holder tonight.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 10:06 AM

and group

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 6:20 AM
Bike looks good. I would finish that window on the house though.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 9:35 AM
Looks good, but if you don't get that Sedan up and going I'm coming down there! that's a promise! :-)

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 4:54 PM
American Henchman wrote:Bike looks good. I would finish that window on the house though.

thanks, lol. whole house needs resided. i had plans to build a garage off the house back of the house but, they fell through and had to spend money else where. now we are thinking of moving so we are undecided on what the plans are with the house.

ROKN20S - aka JuicyJ wrote:Looks good, but if you don't get that Sedan up and going I'm coming down there! that's a promise! :-)

and what? take it? lol. it is being messed with just nothing picture or update worthy. i have a ton of little things to buy to get each modification finished. it is just on the over whelling side. it will get there tho. just in tiny steps.

Thursday, August 16, 2012 7:22 PM
well got my tail light in tonight, soo..... i had to install it. the tag is temperaly mounted there. atleast till i get my swing arm mount made. as always, i am very happy with my light. now pics.

Friday, August 17, 2012 8:24 PM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:
ROKN20S - aka JuicyJ wrote:Looks good, but if you don't get that Sedan up and going I'm coming down there! that's a promise! :-)

and what? take it? lol. it is being messed with just nothing picture or update worthy. i have a ton of little things to buy to get each modification finished. it is just on the over whelling side. it will get there tho. just in tiny steps.

i'm with James... it'll be a blue sedan intervention.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search