Transporter's MKIV GLI - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Transporter's MKIV GLI
Monday, October 08, 2012 3:45 PM
I had been passively looking for a new daily because my current daily was getting pretty high in mileage, a friend of mine knew someone that wanted to trade her Jetta in at a dealer, they low balled her, so I bought it privately for cheap.

03 Jetta GLI with a 24 valve VR6, a 6 speed manual, and only 67k miles

It needs a good cleaning, but is in really good condition for a 10 year old black car, and the interior is stupid clean.

Current plans are 04 tails, to mod the air box for more V-ARRRRRRRRRRR, Joey mod the headlights, and maybe a tune (APR is having a sale). I'll lower it in the spring.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.

Re: Transporter's MKIV GLI
Monday, October 08, 2012 7:34 PM
Very cool. What happened to the other vw you had?

Monday, October 08, 2012 7:38 PM
Still have it, I'll be selling it pretty soon here though.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Tuesday, October 09, 2012 7:46 AM
Nice jetta... now stop screwing around and build the cav already :p

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 7:47 AM
strat81 wrote:Nice jetta... now stop screwing around and build the cav already :p

this

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 8:03 AM
We towed it across the lawn yesterday... does that count? Lol

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 8:24 AM
Please don't joey mod the lights, or swiss cheese the airbox.

But nice pickup, wish I had the 24v but the 12v will do for me.

Want an ecs shorty antenna for cheap?

Club Jeffie, Yea we can make that. Text or Call(908)866-1882

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 9:05 AM
Club Teh Jeffie wrote:Please don't joey mod the lights, or swiss cheese the airbox.

But nice pickup, wish I had the 24v but the 12v will do for me.

Want an ecs shorty antenna for cheap?

Proven dyno gains and more V-ARRRRRRRRRRRRR sounds, why not.

And excessive chrome in the headlights = bleh...

Which antenna do you have?

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 10:13 AM
Cheap second hand AEM intake, don't trash the stock box.

I want to GLI my lights but cant stand the full on Joey mod always seems just cheap to me, but just personal opinion there.

68mm Sharon style.

How's your ps cylinder looking? I just got my new rack in this week to replace the pissing cylinder. Damn thing rusted and just murdered the seals.

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 12:11 PM
Stock boxes are cheap, much cheaper then an Intake, even second hand, not to mention a modded stock box has been proven to make more power then an an AEM.

Too much chrome seems cheap to me, lol

Is the antenna black?

From what I remember from looking down behind the engine, the rack looks spotless, I'm looking forward to getting it up in the air, the chassis is cleaner then my Passat was.

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 12:19 PM
I picked up an AEM for $60 so it worked out about the same price as a stock box around here.

chrome headlights ftw!!!!! lol

Yup black antenna

Definitely take a look at the cylinder rod to make sure you don't see any signs of pitting or rusting. Damn pain in the ass vw ps.

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 8:59 PM
Thats my favorite Jetta by far, nice score.

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 9:53 PM
Nice car i love the way they sound with exhaust vr6 has sick sound! Love it great buy and the are fast

see ya!

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 5:24 AM
WTF is Joey mod the headlights? LOL

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 7:06 AM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=joey+mod+headlights

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 12:10 PM
I still dont get it. All i see is painted headlights.

"Project 69'"
1969 Chevrolet C/10, 1/2 ton, 2wd
-Boosted LS1?
-Richmond ROD 6-speed(will get sometime)
-Posi 12-bolt(built w/eaton posi unit and richmond 3.73 gears)
-Disc brake and 5 lug swap
+little extras
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 12:13 PM
That's basically it.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 12:14 PM
Essentially you black out the non light reflective surfaces... just like Eco headlights come from the factory. Same thing I did with my projectors on my red Z.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 7:49 PM
it's a forum thing... subaru guys call it koji modding as the forum member koji was one of the first to black out the stock bugeye housings.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 7:57 PM
Yep, same with dubbers.

And we just call it blacking out the headlights because we are always at least 5 years behind the curve.

Sunday, October 14, 2012 6:45 PM
Finally go it into the garage this weekend, I'm really happy with how clean it is underneith.

The filters on the other hand... were kind of scary...

Underside of the intake filter, which had pulled down into the box and wasn't doing anything anymore...

And the rat's nest I found on top of the cabin filter... thankfully no rat

And the original plugs, I swapped out with some OEM spec NGK's

I pulled the air box out and clean the dust out of it

I also removed the pipe that feeds air from a tiny hole in the front grill to the air box, now it pulls air from behind the head light, which is much less restrictive... and it sounds sweet, haha

Replaced the original filter with a K&N drop in

Lastly I lowered it on a set of Pro-kit springs, which ended up being a good thing, because I found a broken spring when I pulled the front drivers side strut out

It had only been on the ground for about 10 minutes when I took the pictures, so hopefully it'll settle a bit more over the next week.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search