2014 Corvette Stingray - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2014 Corvette Stingray
Monday, January 14, 2013 9:41 AM
LowFire wrote:They shaved ~95lbs, NOT serious weight...

Thats the frame only. CF control arms, they stated the hood weighed less than the previous CF versions due to a new generation of CF, same as the roof.

The magnesium seat frames drop weight if thats the package the purchaser chooses. Wheels have been estimated to drop a lb or 2. Lots of little weight drops are going to add up to quite a bit once its all said and done.

Monday, January 14, 2013 4:01 PM
I respect the car as a machine...plenty of achievements there.

I have little for its styling, though. I'm sorry, but it looks like they went to Hot Wheels or a 5-year old to design it. A million sharp lines all over a car that lead the eye nowhere is gaudy...and they ditched the iconic rear tail lights because??????

I have no signiture
Monday, January 14, 2013 4:46 PM
not a fan , to much ferrari look in it , its a shame GM's designers cant think for themselves

they need to rename it the CHEVARRI

Monday, January 14, 2013 7:10 PM
It looks like an older Ferrari Maranello. Not really too fond of it right now but Im sure itll grow on me as I see them out on the road.

Monday, January 14, 2013 10:51 PM
I am surprised nobody said "Viper called, wants its fascia back" like on Jalopnik lol. I like this car though. Can't wait to see what numbers it puts down. And I wonder how much architecture the 6.2 Vette motor will share with the Silverado/Sierra 6.2. Obviously the Vette motor is gonna put down more HP but I wonder how much of the engine components will be shared.
Tuesday, January 15, 2013 12:18 AM
01cavZ24 wrote: And I wonder how much architecture the 6.2 Vette motor will share with the Silverado/Sierra 6.2. Obviously the Vette motor is gonna put down more HP but I wonder how much of the engine components will be shared.

Since it will be a Gen V SBC, pretty much none

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 3:15 AM
I'm super excited for this car

C6s will be getting cheaper now =D

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:08 AM
Dat ass.. I find the whole car to look amazing. Makes the C6 look more dated then it already is.
Tuesday, January 15, 2013 8:40 AM
ill hold my thoughts on it till i see it in person

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:03 PM
LowFire wrote:
01cavZ24 wrote: And I wonder how much architecture the 6.2 Vette motor will share with the Silverado/Sierra 6.2. Obviously the Vette motor is gonna put down more HP but I wonder how much of the engine components will be shared.

Since it will be a Gen V SBC, pretty much none

actually WRONG !!! the NEW trucks are getting a 4.3 V6(yes 6cyl , and not the old school small block based motor) , 4.8 , 5.3 , and 6.2 built from the same design as the LT1 new gen motor

Sunday, January 20, 2013 3:21 PM
I'm digging that 30+mpg out of something that ballsy.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance

Sunday, January 20, 2013 6:43 PM
serial #001 sold for 1.1mil to rick hendrick

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 4:34 PM
Quite nice...and such.

Hoping they keep it priced decent so the normal human can pick one up. I'd like to see it priced for ~75k plus options for the base.

Disclaimer: I will probally offend you with what is written in this post.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 4:46 PM
KanewtZ wrote:Quite nice...and such.

Hoping they keep it priced decent so the normal human can pick one up. I'd like to see it priced for ~75k plus options for the base.

GM already said "if you can afford a Corvette now, you can afford this new one."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 4:49 PM
Sooooooooooooooooooo.....

Ferrari front
GTR midsection
Camaro rear

*facepalm* SMH

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 4:51 PM
Imagine if you've just bought a C6 with it's 90's Grand Prix HUD and horribly pixelated in-dash unit.

God I can't wait to see this Vette's interior as sad as that is, I look forward to that improvement the most.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 7:15 PM
I agree... The interior is one of the reasons the c6 never did it for me...

A new grand sport was high on my "list" but the interior just killed it, more so than the whole practicality thing, if you believe that.

That being said, this new model is growing on me, there is just something about the front of the door forward that just looks odd to me.

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Saturday, February 02, 2013 4:22 PM
From everything I have read, a main focus was fixing the interior due to the complaints in the past.

I for one will most likely buy one. I have always loved Vette's and had planned on getting a V coupe this summer, but I find the C7 to be absolutely beautiful and I think it wins out for me. To each their own..

Thursday, February 07, 2013 5:41 AM
only thing crossing over are 2 parts which are the air filter and the roof latch however the roof latch is also being redesigned so only the air filter is crossing over from parts used from a C6 to a C7 (stingray) model.

450 is the minimum amount and the GM rep also said with the direct injection and flex fuel (E85) that there are measurable gains from just a fuel change.

this new vette is THE only thing GM made that might get me back into the company pending how they look in person, wont go base/convertible however waiting on Z06/ZR1 specs, jeep will be getting moved to summer DD duties or possibly sold, been looking at the new SRT Viper as well or even a 08+ Lambo Gallardo

Thursday, February 07, 2013 1:56 PM
Friend of mine has his deposit for his in hand for his 2014... too bad they wont start taking them til late 2nd quarter/early 3rd quarter.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search