Quad powered Chevette? - Page 7 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Quad powered Chevette?
Thursday, February 14, 2013 9:03 PM
My excuse......

JerseyJay, you had a MP7 shroud on that T8.1, didn't you? I'm doing a Glock Carbine shroud on it in the bear future.
This shroud (this one has a TPX in it)

My other hobby

Current project gun, Tacamo Mag Fed Phenom into a ICP B5 bullpup shell.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Thursday, February 14, 2013 11:14 PM
So. When can I wrench on the vette? O_o

Friday, February 15, 2013 7:01 AM
Well the two major things holding up progress is fixing sheet metal, and swapping all the mounting brackets onto the S10 rear end. Both are waiting on my body guy to come and get it and take it to his place. lol.

Once that's done, and weather stays above freezing, I'll get back to working on it...... so any time after that

Wednesday, March 06, 2013 9:36 PM
This looks pretty damn cool... i'm glad i found this, now i know i'm not the only one with a little @!#$vette
Tuesday, April 30, 2013 12:56 PM
Warm weather bringing it back to the top.....

Not much of an update, but figured I would let you guys know the project didnt die!

Started getting rid of some junk. Scrapped out a '95 2.3 block yesterday, along with a couple LD9 oil pump setups from past Quad pump swaps. Trying to make room in the garage to fit the car in. Tired of my place looking like White Trash. lol

Spent the winter hunting down parts. Intake is going to be a custom piece with a LS1 T/B (for now, tossing around a ITB setup).

For a Header I'm going to try a S2000 stock piece, and if it fits, maybe upgrade to an aftermarket one in the future. 2.5" Stainless exhaust. (swap the flange and space the two center pipes out slightly)

Found a place over seas that sells Fiberglass Kadett hood, fenders, front, and flares. Quoted me $650 shipped for everything...... or there is always the German Carbon Fiber place.

Front and rear disk brakes will be from an S10, along with front hubs/spindles. Converting to Power Steering (found a couple used racks on car-part, or a couple places that sell reman units), and a Tilt Steering column.

As soon as I get the rest of the funds together, I'm buying my brother's W41 powered Z24, swapping my LD9 in/W41 out.

Going with 15" wheels, have two different ones picked out. 205/225 for tires (did i mention some fender flares?)

(second ones would get the center spokes painted black)

List of parts already on hand.....
Chevette
Mantapart Race Flywheel (or Spec Aluminum Flywheel)
Quad4 Bell housing
T5 WC Trans
S10 Rear Axle
Eibach Front Sway bar
Metro Brake Booster
N body Brake and Clutch Master Cylinders
Hydrolic Clutch release setup
Corbeau Race Seats

As soon as I get the W41, I'll get the front cross member back in and start fabing up the mounts for the engine. Pick up the clutch, header, and start on the intake manifold. Get the drivetrain bolt in ready, and then get this body rust taken care of.

I did throw my oldschool (Vizion?) Turbo header on the LD9 under the hood right now..... actually almost looks usuable. lol

Thursday, May 02, 2013 8:39 PM
I could ship you a built high compression turbo ld9. Even has the ho cams i got from you in it.

For a nominal price that is.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 11:46 PM
looks like it's coming along pretty good man... you wouldnt happen to still have the stock engine and tranny would you? i have an '82 and my timing belt tensioner just went out and i can't find it ANYWHERE. if you still got your motor could i buy the tensioner from you?
Thursday, May 09, 2013 2:32 AM
If you haven't bought wheels yet, the BMW E30's (80's model) has 4x100 bolt pattern too. I had a set of aluminum 14" "bottlecaps" on my Civic and they were ultralight and dirt-cheap. There are much better designs (like the snowflakes) because the bottlecaps are base model wheels AFAIK, but they were much better than my Honda steelies.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
1995 Corsica and a bunch of trucks too...
Thursday, May 09, 2013 11:52 AM
DSM, put me on a payment plan. lol

Zack, come on up and I'll sell you the engine and 4speed for cheap! It ran when pulled.

Koots, swapping to the S10 hubs and rear axle, so wheel pattern will be 5x120.65.

Thursday, May 09, 2013 1:37 PM
Ahhh, I skipped a few pages of reading, my bad

I love that someone is building up a Chevette, I've kinda wanted to build one up for years, kinda like yours, as a unique, strange super sleeper car.

I'd have probably just ended up with a 94-95 S10 2.2/T5 setup in it though, for simplicities sake...that is if I got sick of trying to stick a 4.8L in there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
1995 Corsica and a bunch of trucks too...
Sunday, May 12, 2013 8:32 AM
is that a sidewinder header then? lol looks perfect

M45/OS crank/2.4 snout. It's nice to be injected but I love being blown!

Sunday, May 12, 2013 11:14 AM
I don't quite think that's a side winder brad. It looks like the turbo flange sits pointing down not over to the side. Still a neat piece though.

Monday, May 27, 2013 5:13 PM
haha if only i had a way to get from Florida to Wisconsin!
But i'm thinking i'm probably just gonna make it a project car and drop a 4.3 from an s10 in it. instead of staying stock... if i can find one for cheap anyways. i have a few different ideas floating around with what i wanna do with it. Being a broke 17 year old kid doesnt help with projects though haha
Monday, May 27, 2013 8:07 PM
Was tempted to drag the stock engine and trans to the curb tonight. Did some spring cleaning, scrapped a '95 Isuzu Trans (from the Purple POS) and the stock 13" steelies and tires from the Chevette. Scrap man snagged that trans within an hour, was hoping he'd take the steelies too

Pulled the LD9 and T5 out of the Chevette, and moved it. Sick of my driveway looking like White Trash! Should have the donor car in a week or two, so I need to clean the LD9 up and change a few gaskets and seals. Get it ready to swap for the W41.

Decided to stage the Chevette about the ride hight I'm looking for. Threw my junk GTO snow tires and rims in the wells for kicks.

Might decide to tackle some of the floor rust myself, since my guy seems busy and hard to get ahold of right now.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 6:51 AM
Looks pretty good. Should be one hell of a monster when its done.

If you were closer id be all over than thing helping you get it done.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 7:59 AM
damn that looks awesome!

Sunday, June 02, 2013 3:15 AM
Car is slow and gay, owner sucks, come back down to pekin

Sunday, June 02, 2013 5:32 AM
Car doesn't move, idk if its gay or not, never asked, never sucked in my life, and Pekin smells...... lol

Friday, June 21, 2013 5:11 PM
Couple day light pics

Changing up the front suspension a bit.
Stock

Taking ideas from kit cars and Fiero upgrades

I'll be doing something like this

If I can get some measurement from a Civic, it looks like their aftermarket upper control arms will work for me.

For the rear I'll go from shocks and springs to coil overs. Make a little room for exhaust, and open the wheel well up a little bit.

Olds W41 engine
F-body T5 Trans
Mustang T5 shifter
S10 axle and knuckles
Honda S2000 exhaust manifold
Civic control arms
Metro brake booster
N-body front brakes
Benz clutch

Regular mix and match. lol

Friday, June 21, 2013 5:22 PM
i like these updates. always wanted to modify a chevette. more an x-11 citation tho...but close enough!

keep up the good work dude.

Friday, June 21, 2013 7:06 PM
Ha this thing is cool! I can't remember the last time I saw a Chevette on the road!

Friday, June 21, 2013 8:47 PM
I want an X11 hood for the Chevette. Like the low cowl look of it.

I see a Chevette parked on the street every Monday morning, in Independance Iowa. lol
Can't remember the last time I seen one driving down the road though.

Saturday, June 22, 2013 6:45 AM
A buddy of mine has a Citation. He also had a X-11 parts car. He has the hood, and rear deck/wing.

The X-11 also had a HO V6 motor.

FU Tuning

Sunday, June 23, 2013 12:50 PM
Some motivation to get this done!

Seen on the road in Dabuque IA today! lol

Sunday, June 23, 2013 2:50 PM
My patents had a gold chevette when I was around 13 years old. It was going to be mine, so I took some interest in it. They ended up trading it in on a blazer.

I'm really following this build.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search