Owning A Little Piece of VW History - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Owning A Little Piece of VW History
Friday, February 08, 2013 9:32 PM
Well slow is relative. Take someone who drives a 2200 all their life, and put them in a VR and they'll think it's fast. Take someone who drives wheelie-ripping V8s all the time, and they'll think it's mind-numbingly mundane.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance

Monday, February 18, 2013 4:36 PM
updates yo, i know you gots them

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Thursday, February 21, 2013 3:42 PM
You have the pics, fool. You know I don't have Instagram

Updates so far:

- Bought Fluffy's dad's Jetta GLX parts car and swapped over the rear disc and 5-lug conversion. It's also sitting on a set of BBS wheels from said parts car
- Picked up a set of euro front and rear bumpers, as well as a euro hatch and euro VR6 front lip
- Fluffy scored me a set of GTi dual-beam headlights when he went to the junkyard. Unfortunately, that's all he came back with lol
- Black Forest Industries .5 stealth motor mounts (vast improvement over stock without the car developing Parkinsons)
- Black Forest Industries fully loaded control arms (solid control arms with poly bushings already installed, and include outer tie rod ends)
- Urotuning motor mount spacers (raise that oil pan above the frame. I don't need to pull a Wybrow or anything lol)

The last thing holding me up from paint is a set of wheels. I found a good deal on a set of Schmidt Modernlines (staggered 16x7.5, 16x9) with two sets of tires. He's been slack-assing on getting me a shipping quote, and I'm about the say @!#$ it and spend the money on getting the car painted instead. I mean, the only reason I wanna get the wheels now is so I can get them powdercoated while the car is in the paint shop.. That whole two birds thing..

Thursday, February 21, 2013 4:20 PM
i dont feel like going through the hassle of posting pictures to a site to post on here. get off your ass and take pictures the car is in your driveway

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Saturday, March 16, 2013 4:02 PM
Here's some pics I forgot to post. The interior, the wheel and shift knob, etc.

The upgrades

A couple stickers, of course. The "Design" logo supposedly came on a small handful of these cars from the factory. And obviously, the Harlequin sticker shows my designation in the line

The guy came through with the shipping quote. Got them here in three days from NY. Not too bad, I must say. Unfortunately, the fronts were shot and the spares he sent were for the rear, so I ordered a couple tires to replace the fronts. I ran them on my Passat for a week to see how I liked them... Looked baller. Looks even better on the Golf

Unfortunately, I'm gonna be waiting on paint for a while. My friend that was going to do it was rear ended while sitting at a redlight... By a drunk in a semi tractor. He's gonna be laid up for a while and I will not be rushing him in any way to recover. I'll just get back to working in the Pearl in the mean time. It's running reliably again, thank God.

Sunday, March 17, 2013 12:01 PM
More low and camber. Go!

Sunday, March 17, 2013 11:18 PM
That's definitely in the cards, but I'm going to wait until it's done in the paint shop. I wanna make sure it's going to clear the trailer when it comes time to take it to my guy, so I don't wanna lower it and make it any harder than it's already going to be.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search