1998 Grand Am GT - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1998 Grand Am GT
Wednesday, March 20, 2013 4:51 PM
Got a 1998 Grand Am GT that I been working on for awhile, started as a 3100 v6 auto and after I blew up the engine decided to have some fun. Got a isuzu 5 speed tranny (wish I would have gone Getrag instead) from a 98 cavalier with a 2200 and only 120k on tranny and started to do the swap. After got mounts made for that got my engine put together. `94 3100 bottom end with `98 3400 top end, gasket matched heads and intake, and `00 3400 injectors with new injector harness I soldered together for the right ends. Finally found proper shift cables from 97 Grand am with 2.4 5 speed and clutch pedal, master cylinder and line from GM dealer. After that made a 3 inch intake from exhaust tubing and threw on a bigger K&N filter with a filter cover I made to block off the engine heat. Tuned with HP Tuners and deleted egr, downstream o2 sensor, top speed, and couple other things as well as programmed computer itself to a 00 malibu, and tranny settings to that of my old `98 Cavy 2200 5 speed tranny I use to own. Car is sitting right now on Sprint lowering springs with new Monroe Matic Plus shocks/struts and also did the neon rear disc conversion right away too. Just gotta finish up the exhaust and can be road worthy again. Going with 2.5" from manifold back, already have 20' of straight tubing, 2 flowmaster 40s mufflers and 2.5" cat, waiting to get my mandrel bends than will finally get it together. Posted some pictures on photobucket and will add couple more I have on camera later.

Grand Am Photobucket pictures

FuzzMASTA9

Re: 1998 Grand Am GT
Wednesday, March 20, 2013 5:29 PM
I like where it looks like its going minus the wing. How well do you think all of that fiberglass is going to hold up if you hit something?

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 6:33 PM
Personally I hated the wing when it was on my 98 cavalier but like how it looks on the grand am, and as for fiberglass its same as throwing fiberglass body kit on a car except my bumper actually fits better than stock since it was made from using stock grand am bumper with cavalier z24 middle insert. If I hit something it will break like the rest does but oh well, never hit anything in 8 years so far so not to worried. Other than that I have all the original stuff under it, metal bumper and foam absorber.

FuzzMASTA9
Wednesday, March 20, 2013 11:55 PM
NEW LINK TO GRAND AM FOLDER

Added more photos to my photobucket and made new folder just for my grand am, even posted little video but would of been better if had bigger injectors in it like it does now. Also added couple pictures of my 02 z24,

FuzzMASTA9
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search