Buying my first motorcycle - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Buying my first motorcycle
Wednesday, April 17, 2013 6:58 PM
So I just stopped at the local "major" bike shop around where I live and I am REALLY glad I did. The guy showed me a few bikes that he has CLOSE(but not quite) to my price range and answered a ton of questions that I had. I am actually probably going to be buying a helmet off of him since he has some really good ones that are only 70 bucks, that I seen on DR for 100 with shipping. I also asked him for info on getting into a bike safety course and he hooked me up there.

Joe - Nice they have some real nice jackets for cheap. Is there much of a safety difference between textile and leather?

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 7:02 PM
Oh and the helmets are DOT rated not SNELL but it's still a good helmet.

http://classifieds.pennswoods.net/classifieds/viewad.cgi?adindex=2239787

Here is another cool bike for the year, what do you guys think?

Thursday, April 18, 2013 1:06 PM
GTmatters wrote:Oh and the helmets are DOT rated not SNELL but it's still a good helmet.

http://classifieds.pennswoods.net/classifieds/viewad.cgi?adindex=2239787

Here is another cool bike for the year, what do you guys think?

that was my first sport bike. I liked it alot

Thursday, April 18, 2013 5:39 PM
I checked out that Yamaha after work today and the guy was real cool but he is asking too much imo. It had a ton of stress cracks all over it and rust. Plus it looked like a battery probably exploded in it at some point and there was a lot of acid stains or something all of the metal under the seat and all of the exhaust.

SOOOOO I just struck a deal with a guy. I talked to a few more guys at another local shop today for about an hour and they, like a lot of you, suggested me go with the 500CC. Sooo.... like I said, i struck a deal on this:

http://classifieds.pennswoods.net/classifieds/viewad.cgi?adindex=2239174

After looking at the FZR today I really appreciated this bike more and more. The guy sent me a bunch more pics and its in GREAT shape and it needs NOTHING at all. I will be able to drive it home with no worries. It gets better gas mileage, comfortable ride(so I hear), and with no crazy fairings and crap its super easy to work on(again, so I hear) and having work done to it is a lot less expensive. I got him down to 1,050 too so win. I am going saturday to pick her up!

j - That thing is actually sick imo. I love the colors and look.

Thursday, April 18, 2013 6:09 PM
cool bike my friend. Good choice.

Friday, April 19, 2013 7:57 AM
ty ty I'll post pics when I get it. I am picking up my helmet today from teh bike shop too!

Friday, April 19, 2013 8:19 AM
look to see if there is a community college teaching a motorcycle safety course. it has saved my friends and my life a few times. its well worth it to get used to swerving a motorcycle in a controlled environment.

Friday, April 19, 2013 11:12 AM
You didn't read all of my posts my friend, I am already on it. But thanks for the thought!

I did just pick up my helmet. I got a plain Jane black AFX. It's really nice and is universal in color so it's perfect. I'll probably make a separate thread with pics of everything tomorrow when I pick the bike up.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search