My new DD... The other vette wheels thread - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My new DD... The other vette wheels thread
Thursday, April 25, 2013 9:04 PM
So those who know me, know I had to dump my g8 and my h3 a few months ago and picked up a ATS. Well that turned out to not really be for me, great car, just not for me right now..

After weeks of searching and emailing/phone calls, I struck an unbeatable deal on this and drive 8 hours to pick it up, turned around and drove 8 hours back home.

New 2012 corvette grand sport.

Last pic of the caddy before I took the vette home

It was a long day, but I am stoked to say the least.

PS, the sunfire will probably be up for sale soon. Time to let someone else enjoy it.

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879

Re: My new DD... The other vette wheels thread
Thursday, April 25, 2013 9:22 PM
Nice! I bet that 8 hour ride home must have been exhilarating

-----------------------------------------------------------------
1995 Corsica and a bunch of trucks too...
Thursday, April 25, 2013 9:38 PM
Koots wrote:Nice! I bet that 8 hour ride home must have been exhilarating

Unfortunately it was dark and raining the whole way.. Quite the opposite I imagined it.

Friday, April 26, 2013 5:41 AM
Plans? I know YOU can't leave it stock. Not for how fast the G8 escalated I imagine some lowering and intake/exhaust/ tune?

Its good to see you back in a silver car for some reason. GM Silver looks like liquid when cleaned up right. No doubt you got that covered.

Where did you end up for the 8 hour trip?

Friday, April 26, 2013 5:51 AM
Very nice, Congrats!!!!

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Friday, April 26, 2013 6:20 AM
Plans for now are to acquire a winter car, however that might be. Thinking ill sell the sunfire and go from there. I could winter that thing, but I don't have the heart to do it I don't think.

Over all I plan to drive the ever living hell outta this car though, so I'm not going nuts. It's also brand new, so I'll be preserving the warranty as much as possible.

After that who knows. Probably exhaust and intake. Maybe lowering and black wheels.
I think I might start on the interior actually, I almost bought a centennial edition just off the interior alone. But in the end this car was the right one for me. So I might acquire a few if the interior bits I liked from one of those.

Ended up in Bloomington Illinois to pick this up.

Friday, April 26, 2013 6:26 AM
Love the car and interior!

I would ditch the stripes (I know they are apart of the grand sport), but would look cleaner.
Some wheels, electric dumps, tune and down the road a twin turbo kit and it would be rocking.

FU Tuning

Friday, April 26, 2013 6:28 AM
These particular stripes are coming off (they are messed up)

However I'm gonna get a new set. And decide what to do from there. I've grown to like them.

Friday, April 26, 2013 7:23 AM
Awesome score man!

My old man has a 2010 Grand Sport Convertible and its awesome, if you have the GMPP exhaust from the factory you can just pull the fuse out so that the baffles that make it louder stay open all the time. Or you can get a little controller thing for it so that when you press a button its open all the time, but have the option to close it.

Friday, April 26, 2013 7:58 AM
Man, not far from me at all!!! Wish Ida known! Could have met up with you.

I hear you on the warranty on a new vehicle... I do love me some warranty! I love the black /red interior for sure! Whats the centennial change? From what im seeing, all the vettes need lowered. even the 2014's need it right off the bat!

Cant wait to see what you do with it! The factory wheel color is an interesting choice for sure.

Friday, April 26, 2013 8:57 AM
newt wrote:Awesome score man!

My old man has a 2010 Grand Sport Convertible and its awesome, if you have the GMPP exhaust from the factory you can just pull the fuse out so that the baffles that make it louder stay open all the time. Or you can get a little controller thing for it so that when you press a button its open all the time, but have the option to close it.

It doesn't have the npp exhaust. One thing I kinda wish it did, but obviously wasn't a deal breaker.

BuiltNBoosted wrote:Man, not far from me at all!!! Wish Ida known! Could have met up with you.

I hear you on the warranty on a new vehicle... I do love me some warranty! I love the black /red interior for sure! Whats the centennial change? From what im seeing, all the vettes need lowered. even the 2014's need it right off the bat!

Cant wait to see what you do with it! The factory wheel color is an interesting choice for sure.

I literally didn't know I was going out till 10 that morning. Hopped in the car, drove out, signed the papers and drove back.

The centennial was a 4lt model, so it had magnetic ride, black leather /suede interior with red stitching, and carbon flash metallic paint with black stripes and wheels. It was a nice car, but I realized I only really wanted it for the interior, and liked the outside of this one better. And at almost 9k difference. You see which choice I made ..

Friday, April 26, 2013 9:08 AM
Hands down. Especially when there is so much after market for it. You can spend that 9K else where!

Friday, April 26, 2013 9:13 AM
I can buy a really nice interior for 9k haha

Friday, April 26, 2013 2:35 PM
Awesome pick up. I for one LOVE the wheels that are on it. I think the off color compared to the rest of your car really makes them.

Friday, April 26, 2013 2:38 PM
I didn't like them at first, but they look very different in person. And I do like them a lot.

I have a thing for black wheels, but these can stay for a while

Friday, April 26, 2013 3:12 PM
I like the wheel frame. Its just weird of a color contrast with the bright silver/dark silver. could always plastidip one and see what you think of black then peel it off.

Friday, April 26, 2013 3:19 PM
Or I can just use the Internet

Friday, April 26, 2013 6:07 PM
SOLD!

Friday, April 26, 2013 7:23 PM
If Andy plastidipped Vette wheels I would drive down there and slap him up. So sick of this damn Plastidip trend!

Congrats on the C6 man, wished I'd known you were looking, shoot me a text if you need anything through GM, the stripes, etc. I'll see what I can do for you, granted accessories are a bit harder to get "killer" deals on I'll try.

Friday, April 26, 2013 7:48 PM
Dead sexy man. Definitely digging the black rim idea with that color.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Friday, April 26, 2013 8:59 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:If Andy plastidipped Vette wheels I would drive down there and slap him up. So sick of this damn Plastidip trend!

Congrats on the C6 man, wished I'd known you were looking, shoot me a text if you need anything through GM, the stripes, etc. I'll see what I can do for you, granted accessories are a bit harder to get "killer" deals on I'll try.

Didn't really tell anyone till I knew it could happen for sure. The deal I got on this one made it so it was possible if that makes any sense. Any different on my trade, purchase price or financing and it wouldn't have happened. 10k off msrp, 6,500 more for my trade than local, and 0% financing made it so this car was actually cheaper than buying the first 1LT I looked at local.

I'm making the original dealer replace the stripes, I'm hoping they will just order them and send them to me. That way I can decide if I really want them or leave them off and decide later. Some have suggested doing the cyber grey stripes, but I think it's either red or none at all.

Saturday, April 27, 2013 8:16 AM
Joe Schulte wrote:If Andy plastidipped Vette wheels I would drive down there and slap him up. So sick of this damn Plastidip trend!

What plasti dip trend?

Many do it rather than see if they want to spend several hundred for wheels to pc them and not be happy vs $6 to get a general idea, peel it off, and then pc...

Andy, you had to battle the skip shift yet? I know why they did it, just think its a pain. You can do the burnt out fuse trick or HPT can eliminate it or they make one that goes inline with the trans(cags defeat). The pic you posted of the one with black wheels, that looks awesome with tint on it. Does that one have a different splitter on it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, April 27, 2013 8:19 AM

Saturday, April 27, 2013 8:23 AM
The g8 had the skip shift so I'm used to it, in fact it's a lot better on the vette.

I'm not worried about it. They did it to make the EPA happy and avoid a gas guzzler tax. Trust me, I'm more than ok with that.

Saturday, April 27, 2013 2:26 PM
Joe Schulte wrote: So sick of this damn Plastidip trend!

But you'll swoon over stretched tires, tire eating camber, too low to drive, dumbass stickers everywhere cars because you're friends are doing it. LOL.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Saturday, April 27, 2013 2:27 PM
And VERY nice trade up, Andy. It's gotta be tough selling the Sunfire you've had for so long and done so much to, but having a decent DD along with that gorgeous new Vette will be worth it.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search