My new girls :) - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My new girls :)
Monday, February 04, 2013 5:16 PM
Soooooo I made another change in my stable. The engine in my Civic was starting to take a healthy @!#$. I didnt have the time or place to fix it so I hocked it and got an old man car.

2005 Accord EX. 4 door. Its lame but its comfortable, reliable and gets me to work which is a nice thing. She likes to sleep in the snow:

No Instagram on this one. Just caught the sun coming in the window at the right angle

Driving around in a big immasculating red automatic car kinda got me down so I bought something to aim my misplaced affections at:

1985 Kawasaki VN700A1 Vulcan. Clean as fawk. and it purrs like a big angry kitten. Maybe gonna bob it or maybe just gonna ride it until I save enough money up for a 600RR.

My favorite pic:

Thats all.

Re: My new girls :)
Monday, February 04, 2013 5:26 PM
Good thing its the 4 banger. The v6 automatics are junk! Looks nice though man, engine is nice and clean.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, February 04, 2013 6:29 PM
That they are. She has 129k now and Im hoping it goes another 129k more! Haha.

Monday, February 04, 2013 6:45 PM
I dig both. And the driver. I already sent you the picture of what you should do

Show me your junk.

Monday, February 04, 2013 6:47 PM
Mike you know my junk wont fit into the frame of a camera.

Monday, February 04, 2013 6:53 PM
An attempt would suffice. Jeff shows me his...

Monday, February 04, 2013 7:06 PM
You and everyone else.....

Dont feel so special.

Monday, February 04, 2013 10:41 PM
You made a good choice.My wife has a 04 same eng,same color (ruby red) and zero problems with it since brand new! Well almost the head unit display went black but,honda replaced due to a recall problem for free about a yr ago.The wifes is around 92k and aside from keeping it stupid clean and tire rotating,(if fact on our 2nd set tire wise) still we got 53k out of the orignals.I am getting ready this yr to do struts due to miles,age and rides good just know these are showing wear.Good luck and have done fluid changes,like brake,trans fluid,coolant, but the tb and wp we will get done at 100k.Sorry for so much rambling.Nice car and wife loves hers.

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 5:38 PM
I got a nice surprise for you Ron. No timing belt on these engines. All chains on the K series. I did the TB and WP on my Civic and I thank god everyday I dont have to do it again on this baby.

Friday, February 08, 2013 3:00 PM
Wait what...................

Club Jeffie, Yea we can make that. Text or Call(908)866-1882

Friday, February 08, 2013 4:12 PM
Club Teh Jeffie wrote:Wait what...................

Seals are mating with octopuses! The color blue is now orange! Tornadoes spin backwards! The world is all discombobulated!!!!!!!

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 12:20 PM
Finally got my bike down to Cincinnati. Gave her a good cleaning and put about 280 miles on it last week.

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 1:10 PM
Spent about 5 minutes with Photoshop to make up for the mediocreness of my phones camera. Gave it kind of an 80's feel which is appropriate for the bike.

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 4:03 PM
Brian (TheSundownFire) wrote:You and everyone else.....

Dont feel so special.
Yeah, Jeff whips it out and snaps pix for no reason on a regular basis.

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 5:32 PM
Accord should easily do another 129k! Nice.

Bike is cool too, I want an older bike project such as a bobber just to cruise town with.

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 5:33 PM
Cmon Shawn we all know you like it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search