Dyno fail. LOL - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dyno fail. LOL
Monday, June 10, 2013 8:08 AM

That thing had no business being on that portable.
Lucky no one was seriously injured.

Re: Dyno fail. LOL
Monday, June 10, 2013 12:23 PM
The bright side, that car will forever be known as being so awesome it broke the dyno

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, June 10, 2013 2:24 PM
Just another reason why I'll never go on a dyno...bc of these videos and its just a waste of money unless you're tuning

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 12:57 PM
Two things came to mind immediately after the "good thing nobody was hurt" thought...

- How much damage occurred to the mustang? Was it the dyno that failed or was it the rear axle on the mustang letting go?

- If it was the dyno... did the owner have to sign a "we aren't responsible" waiver? If so... uh oh.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Wednesday, June 12, 2013 7:13 AM
It was definitely the dyno that let go. If you watch closely, you'll see that the whole structure comes apart, and the rear roller takes off into the crowd.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 10:15 AM
holy crap... $$$$$$$$$$$$

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 2:10 PM
Mr. Quick wrote:

That thing had no business being on that portable.
Lucky no one was seriously injured.

Um why? It has less power than a lot of cars I have seen on dyno's. Im assuming they did a no no of pulling in too high of a gear and hit some serious mile per hour and/or the dyno wore out. It has every bit of business being on the dyno. Hell we had 2 dozen cars on the portable dyno at the bash one year with no issues.

Friday, June 14, 2013 2:42 PM
I'm willing the bet the dyno brake over heated and flew apart.

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Tuesday, July 09, 2013 8:52 AM
Does seem like the failure was on the drivers side of the dyno. I'm sure it was just failed part on the dyno, not the fault of the car or operator (unless it was due to poor maintenance).

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search