2014 Chevrolet Cruze Clean Turbo Diesel - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2014 Chevrolet Cruze Clean Turbo Diesel
Monday, February 11, 2013 8:24 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Yeah my dads new Dmax has it and if it weren't for the warranty on the truck, we would be pulling it off ASAP. As soon as the warranty is up its coming off. Yeah only 5 years 100,000K miles....

I would just leave it on.. $10,000 fine for altering/removing the exhaust/emissions system on a new truck, unless he isn't gonna drive it on the road lol. otherwise DOT is cracking down, one puff of black smoke and your pulled over lol... i can understand the pressure is coming from higher up but the DOT officers love making their quota. where i work is between an interstate on/off ramp and a popular highway, also next to a soy bean plant and an ethanol plant. lots of semi traffic, DOT guy sits on the corner alottttt

Have a nice day.

Monday, February 11, 2013 9:12 PM
Yeah I can imagine. Hoping 5 years from now he would be able to take it off, tune it out. make it look factory and not have an issue. The DEF isnt bad to fill and buy... the issue I see is the problems and maintenance from the DEF system itself.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:01 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Yeah I can imagine. Hoping 5 years from now he would be able to take it off, tune it out. make it look factory and not have an issue. The DEF isnt bad to fill and buy... the issue I see is the problems and maintenance from the DEF system itself.

I know what ya mean, I haven't had to buy def myself, but i have had to fill tractors that take 65 gallons, using 2.5 gallon jugs... luckily now we have 55 gallon drums of it, but only a hand pump so its still a PITA to stand there pumping.

Have a nice day.
Wednesday, February 13, 2013 8:13 AM
Finally saw this thing in person at the auto show yesterday. Dinky little turbo. MASSIVE exhaust system restriction on it that I wish would be removable but judging by all the sensors, and prongs, and plugs into it, I just dont think that it will be easy to remove. But I bet that has something to do with "being the cleanest clean diesel, blah blah blah." The power and torque if it stands, will be a very decent start and platform for sure.

But after looking at it, it is becoming more of a viable option for her in the near future.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 10:32 AM
Nobody grabbed pics?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, February 13, 2013 10:55 AM
Of what? the cruze diese? looks like the cruze eco... not much to see different. It was up on the spinning display and you couldnt get in close enough. I sat in the eco and liked it a lot.

Thursday, February 14, 2013 1:10 AM
Here are some shots... this may not be the 2014 diesel Cruze... but its the next generation supposedly lol. I would assume it would have a diesel as well....
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/spy-shots-of-the-2015-chevrolet-cruze/#photo-5637988/
Thursday, February 14, 2013 5:55 AM
Vince: my mom loves her cruze. Its a loaded Ltz with all the packages and @!#$, but I think its a nice car even at its bones. My only issue when I went home and drove it was the trans. If they don't change the trans, don't get an automatic cruze ever. Such a weird feeling piece of garbage. I guess everyone has the same complaints so its "normal" but its got the most sluggish slippery downshifts, it will shift at odd times and buck and hitch when just cruising along sometimes.... and Chevy says its normal...

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Friday, February 15, 2013 5:49 PM
Hows the steering in it? Im an engineer on the production line that makes the steering columns for them and anything on the Delta, Epsilon, Lambda and a few on the Sigma platforms.

Saturday, February 16, 2013 10:40 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Vince: my mom loves her cruze. Its a loaded Ltz with all the packages and @!#$, but I think its a nice car even at its bones. My only issue when I went home and drove it was the trans. If they don't change the trans, don't get an automatic cruze ever. Such a weird feeling piece of garbage. I guess everyone has the same complaints so its "normal" but its got the most sluggish slippery downshifts, it will shift at odd times and buck and hitch when just cruising along sometimes.... and Chevy says its normal...

thats the only complaint i have on mine is the tranny. but i hear the tune from Trifecta fixes the issue

i got almost 41 mpg on a trip to philly (6 hour drive down and back). and mine is the LT model

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, February 17, 2013 5:53 PM
yours have the turbo 4 banger, Tim?

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 3:38 AM
The manual trans in the Eco 1.4t is pretty nice, although obviously not performance oriented, it is still fun to drive. Mine routinely gets high 30s to low 40s - worst of 37 best of 45mpg. With custom tuning it may or may not get better.

The diesel has so much potential, as Vince said, with removing restrictions and custom tuning it could be a real blast to drive without sacrificing the mpg.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 4:56 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:yours have the turbo 4 banger, Tim?

yes i do

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Thursday, June 27, 2013 10:29 AM
Is any body going to get one my lease is up less the two years I have the 1.8 The car likes gas lol. I was asking to see if any body has one and if they like it.
Saturday, June 29, 2013 5:12 PM
"the car likes gas"???? what do you typically drive, Prius' and Diesel VWs?

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Monday, July 01, 2013 4:30 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:"the car likes gas"???? what do you typically drive, Prius' and Diesel VWs?

Tomos Moped.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search