Family Fun Car......The Purchase - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Family Fun Car......The Purchase
Friday, May 03, 2013 8:24 AM
Well after a quite a few test drives and a whole lot of laughs from the girlfriend from bouncing from car to car "what do you think about this..." I picked up the new ride last week. So far I love it! No good pics yet but I'll get some this summer.

2012 Buick Regal GS 6spd Charcoal Black Metallic, all options, navigation w/touchscreen, 20" wheels, moonroof, everything I could ask for.
Has 14,500 miles.
Factory bumper to bumper is 4yr 50k, being a certified used bumps that to 6yr 62k

Member of J-body of Michigan. I'm parting out, BUY MY STUFF!!

Re: Family Fun Car......The Purchase
Friday, May 03, 2013 8:56 AM
Nice!!! Is it a turbo???

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Friday, May 03, 2013 9:27 AM
Sleek cars for sure. I really like those factory 20's. Overall car is awesome!

Friday, May 03, 2013 10:22 AM
Roofy wrote:Nice!!! Is it a turbo???

2.0L Turbo Ecotec direct injected 270 hp 295 lbs ft

BuiltNBoosted wrote:Sleek cars for sure. I really like those factory 20's. Overall car is awesome!

Thanks Vince! Not the fastest of any of the cars I had driven, but not a slug at all. And from what I've seen a tune will really wake it up. Deffinatly the best looking car I looked at, that and the low miles with warranty really sold me.

Friday, May 03, 2013 11:09 AM
There are a few down here that put, yes, kid you not, catbacks on them, or simple muffler deletes and they sound decent. Especially since the turbo quiets it down. Not to mention the intake makes the turbo sound very happy

Cant wait to see what you do to put your own little twist on it! Assuming some window tint on the way?

Friday, May 03, 2013 12:46 PM
Window tint will be the first thing! Nobody makes a catback for the GS, there are a couple for the regal turbo. I'd like to just do some type of intake, exhaust/muffler factory piping is already 3", and the tune. Should put it to 350ish hp. I'm gonna need to get a set of winter wheels and tires, so ill be on the lookout for a 5x120 18" for it before any mods come.

Friday, May 03, 2013 2:34 PM
Just checked cars.com for a few. There's a 2012 one here in Dallas for about $1k cheaper then the 2008 Evo X at my local dealer...hmm...

Friday, May 03, 2013 10:34 PM
ACav2Envy wrote:Window tint will be the first thing! Nobody makes a catback for the GS, there are a couple for the regal turbo. I'd like to just do some type of intake, exhaust/muffler factory piping is already 3", and the tune. Should put it to 350ish hp. I'm gonna need to get a set of winter wheels and tires, so ill be on the lookout for a 5x120 18" for it before any mods come.

I will trade you the factory 18's on my Camaro straight up for your wheels!

But seriously the 18" heritage steel wheels on the Camaro would be perfect for u as winter wheels. 5X120 is also used on GTO, G8, new Caprice and SS I believe, and pretty much all BMW cars.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Saturday, May 04, 2013 3:48 AM
That is the first one I have seen that I like. Must be the wheels.

Just wish they did not use the LNF in them. Needs a V6 Turbo.

FU Tuning

Saturday, May 04, 2013 5:28 AM
nice pickup

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Saturday, May 04, 2013 6:12 AM
Roofy wrote:
ACav2Envy wrote:Window tint will be the first thing! Nobody makes a catback for the GS, there are a couple for the regal turbo. I'd like to just do some type of intake, exhaust/muffler factory piping is already 3", and the tune. Should put it to 350ish hp. I'm gonna need to get a set of winter wheels and tires, so ill be on the lookout for a 5x120 18" for it before any mods come.

I will trade you the factory 18's on my Camaro straight up for your wheels!

But seriously the 18" heritage steel wheels on the Camaro would be perfect for u as winter wheels. 5X120 is also used on GTO, G8, new Caprice and SS I believe, and pretty much all BMW cars.

Thanks for the tip I'll look into those steelies!

Addicted to meth wrote:That is the first one I have seen that I like. Must be the wheels.

Just wish they did not use the LNF in them. Needs a V6 Turbo.

I thought the same thing until I drove it, very smooth power delivery and has enough grunt. Also the fuel mileage is great compared to what it would be with a turbo6

Just washed, clay bared, and polished last night. Standing tall in the work parking lot!

Monday, May 13, 2013 7:27 PM
Gorgeous car!

If I ever bought another front driver that would be the one.

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Tuesday, May 14, 2013 5:32 AM
Nice ride! There's something about those rims that I love.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 8:01 AM
Excellent choice. They are stunning in appearance!

Plus a great engine, easy to have fun with a tune, if I'm not mistaken Vince @ Trifecta owns one now.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 1:03 PM
Those rims are gorgeous!!!

I don't know why but the design from the front just screams "Pontiac" to me.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Wednesday, May 15, 2013 8:56 PM
Exesivefire wrote:Gorgeous car!

If I ever bought another front driver that would be the one.

Thanks! By no means did I expect to end up in a FWD let alone another ECO but the car deffinatly won me over!

Joe Schulte wrote:Excellent choice. They are stunning in appearance!

Plus a great engine, easy to have fun with a tune, if I'm not mistaken Vince @ Trifecta owns one now.

Looks were a big sell for me, didn't wanna stop looking at the damn thing!

I have been in contact with trifecta about their tune curious on if dealer dose a reflash and #'s on the optional e85 tune.
SweetnessGT wrote:Those rims are gorgeous!!!

I don't know why but the design from the front just screams "Pontiac" to me.

-Chris-

I've been asked probably 5-6 times if those are the stock wheels already, not what you'd expect on a midsize car at all!

What's funny you say that is this car was initially ment to replace the Aura in Saturn's lineup....

Friday, June 21, 2013 10:28 PM
Thoughts after logging some miles by now?

Sunday, June 23, 2013 7:26 PM
definitely a bad ass family car. nice choice, man.

M45/OS crank/2.4 snout. It's nice to be injected but I love being blown!
Saturday, July 06, 2013 8:00 PM
After owning the car for a couple months now I am still very impressed with it. MPG average about 25, I've gotten that up to 28 a couple times on long highway trips. Only thing I wish it had is adaptive cruise control, other than that I've seen it possible to play DVD's through the Nav system but I can't figure out how. As with any other car I've had I just can't keep well enough alone, so far I've debadged the rear keeping the "GS", tinted the windows, installed a k&n cone filter, plasti-dipped the inner exhaust tips, did a 3 step paint correction, and got a nice seat for our little girl. There are a few more things that I will be doing this month when I get free time.

Saturday, July 06, 2013 9:45 PM
Not a fan of just slapping a cone filter on like that... meh. On a new, nice, finished car no less.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Saturday, July 06, 2013 10:00 PM
when I first seen these Regals I was hooked, always wanted 1 but as I looked into it as always Europe's version (Vauxhall VXR Super Sport) is just a bit better than ours ,pisses me off they alwayz get the good stuff , cars look about the same but theirs is 2.8 V6 turbo, 321hp, 4 wheel drive, still I would definatly love a Regal GS as a grocery getter, bet the ride is smooth as butter lol

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood

Sunday, July 07, 2013 7:52 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Not a fan of just slapping a cone filter on like that... meh. On a new, nice, finished car no less.

I did it for one reason, to hear the turbo. The only intake available is zzp which puts the filter in the same place and is $330 + shipping, not paying that for a warm air intake that will do nothing more than I've done for $40. Not only that I can put the factory air lid and filter back on in a matter of minutes.

Sunday, July 07, 2013 9:00 AM
Paint correction looks flawless. Nice little added touch with the plasti dip on the inner tips. Looks nice and clean. Also love the debadge. Glad to hear you are still loving it!

What exactly is adaptive cruise? vs the normal cruise?

Sunday, July 07, 2013 9:07 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Paint correction looks flawless. Nice little added touch with the plasti dip on the inner tips. Looks nice and clean. Also love the debadge. Glad to hear you are still loving it!

What exactly is adaptive cruise? vs the normal cruise?

Thanks man! Adaptive cruise senses slower traffic and will match their speed at a safe distance, then when the lane is clear will speed back up to the selected speed. Could have easily had it with the parking sensors already on the front of the car.

Sunday, July 07, 2013 4:27 PM
"exhaust tips"

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search