Finally got a honda for a project car - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Finally got a honda for a project car
Sunday, March 17, 2013 7:18 AM
Brian (TheSundownFire) wrote:Good deal. Still sticking with the Milano Red for sure?

its staying milano red i was never for a red car but its growing on me
Rabbit(AKA RedAssassin) wrote:It all depends on your power goal. Don't let that little single cammer slammer fool you. The vitara rods and eagle piston combo with some boost will make some good power. I've actually got a 99 dx with a z6 swap im building and boosting.

b18c1 with some 10 to1 pistons and rods with a hx35 is the final decision my tuner i been talking to said i'll get to my goal that i want.

also update i went to another shop but local i maybe trading some computer work for work on my car. which is a plus for me

Sunday, March 17, 2013 11:59 AM
Rabbit(AKA RedAssassin) wrote:It all depends on your power goal. Don't let that little single cammer slammer fool you. The vitara rods and eagle piston combo with some boost will make some good power. I've actually got a 99 dx with a z6 swap im building and boosting.

Definitely wasnt slamming single cams. I was about 15 minute from picking up a JDM D15B VTEC for my Civic. That with the factory LSD trans makes a fun little car. Twin cams get a better aftermarket and make better torque for an NA DD. Im not a big from of having to rev the @!#$ out of an N/A 1.6 to get myself going. Haha.

Id be interested to see this build.

Sunday, March 17, 2013 6:59 PM
Brian (TheSundownFire) wrote:

Definitely wasnt slamming single cams. I was about 15 minute from picking up a JDM D15B VTEC for my Civic. That with the factory LSD trans makes a fun little car. Twin cams get a better aftermarket and make better torque for an NA DD. Im not a big from of having to rev the @!#$ out of an N/A 1.6 to get myself going. Haha.

Id be interested to see this build.

once the body work is done i will have the motor around December and it will be in by April next year

Sunday, March 17, 2013 9:07 PM
Good deal. Keep up the good work.

Thursday, March 21, 2013 7:34 AM
well body work is on hold i have a wrist pin or spun bearing lol

Thursday, March 21, 2013 11:34 AM
Brian (TheSundownFire) wrote:Good deal. Keep up the good work.

well things changed again some one got me a good deal on a k swap

Thursday, March 21, 2013 1:01 PM
I love a good 92-2000, I had a bloated 97 sedan, but a few hundred in choice parts and it was quite fun to toss around.

I would highly recommend a rear subframe brace and sway bar. The subframe brace used to be pretty expensive, back when I had my Honda, but now i see copies for cheap on eBay. The rear brace, by design, is pretty beefy, so even if it's cheap quality, it will definitely strengthen the rear subframe. Anything over 17-18MM and you run the risk of tearing the subframe...which was what happened to the previous owner of the Eibach sway bar I had LOL.

Anyway, subbed to see what you got in store

-----------------------------------------------------------------
1995 Corsica and a bunch of trucks too...
Thursday, March 21, 2013 3:18 PM
PGHCav wrote:

Difficulty level just went from 2/10 to 8/10. K-swaps are titties though. Good luck!

Thursday, March 21, 2013 6:41 PM
Brian (TheSundownFire) wrote:
PGHCav wrote:

Difficulty level just went from 2/10 to 8/10. K-swaps are titties though. Good luck!

i have like 20 people helping me lol

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 12:31 PM
well the cavalier went down for the count so i needed a running car so i got a z6 for free got it in and running in 3 hours

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 6:13 PM
Booo sad. Just as I was about to pull and EM1 out of a cornfield.

So no more build?

Friday, April 12, 2013 11:08 AM
There's going to be a build I just need to find a beater

Saturday, May 18, 2013 10:48 AM
well i picked up my welder
i have tein SS for my suspension
i picked up my fav stock honda wheels the 14" hx rims
put a mugen front lip till i put the new front bumper on and my cf bys front lip
this thursday i will be starting the body work then on to the engine

Saturday, May 18, 2013 11:21 AM
Some updated pics

Saturday, May 18, 2013 7:21 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, I know it's exciting to get new parts... but when I see a beat, faded Honda with nearly no quarter panels because of rust with unpainted add ons and a fart can I immediately think broke douchey mexican 16 year old lol.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Saturday, May 18, 2013 8:53 PM
^For once I agree with you.

That being said im interested to see what it looks like after some work is done. Ive never seen rust that bad before.
Sunday, May 19, 2013 10:42 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Don't take this the wrong way, I know it's exciting to get new parts... but when I see a beat, faded Honda with nearly no quarter panels because of rust with unpainted add ons and a fart can I immediately think broke douchey mexican 16 year old lol.

x2

Sunday, May 19, 2013 2:31 PM
I like where it is going not where it is right now. And, if you ask me, the stickers make it look like it's owned by a
JLAudioCavalier wrote: broke douchey mexican 16 year old.
more then anything.

I miss my Cavalier, even if it made 100 hp on a cold day and had more suspension then it deserved.
Sunday, May 19, 2013 8:46 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Don't take this the wrong way, I know it's exciting to get new parts... but when I see a beat, faded Honda with nearly no quarter panels because of rust with unpainted add ons and a fart can I immediately think broke douchey mexican 16 year old lol.
yeah I completely agree with you but like the spoiler I had the factory one sold and I've always wanted a cf duckbill so I just put it on. As for the lip it's just a thing to put on its coming off. As for the rust I should be starting to fix it Thursday

Monday, May 27, 2013 7:22 AM
The faded paint isnt even the issue to me..

First thing should be that rust to get money dumped into. :/

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 4:21 AM
Paint match the lip and it would look clean, after the rust spot.

Saturday, June 01, 2013 11:34 AM

its 90% welded in

Saturday, June 01, 2013 12:37 PM

Saturday, June 01, 2013 1:35 PM

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, June 09, 2013 8:29 AM
Picked up my motor for it....

H22a4 it's getting sleeved

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search