Sentra Progress thread - Page 14 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Sentra Progress thread
Saturday, July 14, 2012 3:05 PM
Finished and ready for install

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 4:26 AM

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 6:53 AM
Here is where I am at now

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 2:41 PM
Here is the rear as it stands. Tomorrow I will clear coat it and also here are some better pics of the sideskirts.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 12:47 PM
Hmmm. I'm iffy on the rear. Get that bish back together so we can see the whole picture!

RIP JessE -- You are not forgotten! | FaceBook | G+
Wednesday, July 25, 2012 7:19 PM
Car is done man. Put it all back together on Saturday and took home Best of show on Sunday. Didnt think their was much interest here anymore

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 8:07 PM
Adam Risden wrote:Car is done man. Put it all back together on Saturday and took home Best of show on Sunday. Didnt think their was much interest here anymore

No, I am still interested. I have been following the progress all the way here... I just have not been commenting on the org lately. I have been busy with work and other things. Very nice soo far. NOW UPLOAD THE OTHER PICTURES!!! lol

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 8:55 PM
Blocked out the hinge bend marks that come factory from Nissan lol.

Sideskirt after buffing and install

Rear bumper after being wetsanded with 3000 grit for 6 hours

Optima Yellow top was a last minute thing the day before the show. Original battery died. I might spray the top red or just leave it as is. Not sure yet. Honestly exhausted from working on the car lol

Thursday, July 26, 2012 5:22 AM
Sorry man, I HATE the gas cap, looks very out of place, aside from that, looking good.

Thursday, July 26, 2012 6:19 AM
I appreciate the work you're putting in and I do like some of what you've done, but as a package It just comes off cluttered and random.

You have talent, and I think the car could come out great in the end, just right now though I can't say I like it.

Want hub spacers rear disk brackets or trailing arm bushings? Shoot me a PM.

Thursday, July 26, 2012 7:30 AM
Thank you for appreciating the hard work I put into the car!

Thursday, July 26, 2012 8:56 AM
Love it. Not really feeling the gas door, but I like the rest a lot. Good job.

Thursday, July 26, 2012 11:32 AM
Thanks James! Honestly the gas door was a last minute thing. I couldnt stand the bend marks that appeared in all the sentra gas doors, so I blocked mine out and primed it. I could have painted it magnetic gray, but I figured what the hell lol.. A lot of the B16 guys wrap theirs in carbon, but as you can see I just sprayed mine after the bodywork.

Thursday, July 26, 2012 6:50 PM
You didn't swing my opinion as much as the first time lol. Like they all said: Great work. But the gas door, wing, plate topper thing, and all the red in the engine bay all just looks so tossed on and out of place. The skirts and bumper and all that flow nice and the interior is gorgeous, but the back end and engine bay can use some work.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Thursday, July 26, 2012 7:56 PM
What would you have in mind for the back end Dustin? Im always open to ideas

Thursday, July 26, 2012 11:56 PM
I think anything red should go bye bye. Takes away from all the color changing paint.

I would also think about debadging the trunk to clean it up back there!

Friday, July 27, 2012 11:59 AM
i like the work put into it. it has a nice flow from the color change on the hood. down around the car on the side skirts. but the random items like the wing, the bar and the gas cap look like the mid 2000's where if it was removable it was paintable. i think that if you went back to the silver metallic on those the overall theme and look of the car would flow so much better. I don't mind a splash of red in the engine, but it does not compliement the color change as well a coppery kind of color might look a little better or a nice bronze. overall however that is the first sentra i don't mind looking at. stock ones are just to blocky. they seem like the should be up to no good and being chased around by gumby.

Friday, July 27, 2012 12:07 PM
too much red in the engine bay, on the plastic cover, id maybe do a gloss black on the runner looking areas

Friday, July 27, 2012 1:14 PM
LAFNGAS wrote: id maybe do a gloss black on the runner looking areas

Now this is a good idea to start with

Saturday, July 28, 2012 11:03 PM
I do like it. I agree with the gas door looking out of place, but I also feel like the gas door should also be round or something. lol. No doubt about talent man. Keep up the work. Maybe get a GTR and start another thread

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 9:48 AM
Eibach wheels spacers installed on rear wheels. Now I have measurements for front spacers so they are being ordered. Pic of stance thus far

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 11:07 AM
You know me, if it were mine. Dip everything that is steel under the hood in Chrome, Polish all the Aluminum and stain black everything else.

Thursday, August 09, 2012 8:36 AM
Well the front Eibach wheels spacers were ordered yesterday. After I install these I am going to enjoy the car for the rest of the season. Over the winter I am going to be piecing together a B16 Spec-V rear disk conversion with cross drilled and slotted rotors for the front and rear braking systems. No one has done this before so I figure it will be a fun project to tackle!

Thursday, August 09, 2012 8:46 AM
I need to get hold of you on that subject actually Adam. I'm going to be able to start working on that in the next week or two, but have a few more questions for you on it.

Club Jeffie, Yea we can make that.

Thursday, August 09, 2012 1:03 PM
Gonna keep my thoughts to myself on the style choices, however the attention to detail and workmanship looks great. I will say you are literally the first person on this website that can handle constructive criticism, while I'm a firm believer in making the car what YOU want, there's some great advice in this thread.
Keep up the great work!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search