Super Sonic - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Super Sonic
Thursday, November 14, 2013 11:01 PM
Bought a 2013 Chevy Sonic LT hatchback 2 weeks ago. It has a 1.4 turbo with a 6 speed manual transmission. Road and Track said it is the best handling Chevy for under $45,000. Averaged 36.2 mpg on my first fill up, the readout showed 36.6 mpg, but I filled up in the same spot and did the math. Better mileage than the Honda Fit and more power! Sure is different than the 99 Honda Civic Si 1.6L I was driving, the Sonic turns 2200 rpm at 70 mph where as the Si was turning right at 4000 rpm. I forgot to shift to 6th gear a couple times in the Sonic. I had Eibach struts and springs on the Si and the Sonic seems to handle just as well and I sit more upright, so I can see the road better. Civic accelerated a little better due to being 200 lbs. lighter and having 160 hp versus 138hp, but first you had to get up above 5500 rpm to get the power with the Si. The old Si averaged 31.5 mpg but required 91 octane, the car did not have on rattle even though it was 14 years old.

Re: Super Sonic
Friday, November 15, 2013 5:27 PM
glad you like the sonic. i would have kept (or bought) the civic off your hands. pretty sure the 3500 90z gets a hair over 20 right now.

Friday, November 15, 2013 6:56 PM
My Z is Slow (Mike) wrote:glad you like the sonic. i would have kept (or bought) the civic off your hands. pretty sure the 3500 90z gets a hair over 20 right now.

When its running right and if its tuned right, you should see around 30-34mpg highway.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Saturday, November 16, 2013 5:30 AM
I like the sonics, for what they are. I think chevy did well with these cars. They can look pretty sharp with a lip kit and some chaos emeralds.

Saturday, November 16, 2013 2:08 PM
Rob Dotterer wrote:
My Z is Slow (Mike) wrote:glad you like the sonic. i would have kept (or bought) the civic off your hands. pretty sure the 3500 90z gets a hair over 20 right now.

When its running right and if its tuned right, you should see around 30-34mpg highway.

yeah i have a thread about that issue.

as to the sonic it is nice but i see no reason to go with a newer car with a payment over a good working car.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search