Buick GN & GNX are coming back - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Buick GN & GNX are coming back
Friday, December 13, 2013 5:18 AM
2015 Buick Grand National and GNX: Two Storied Nameplates Return
Quote:

...The 2015 Grand National and GNX sedans will ride on GM's new rear-drive Alpha platform, which was introduced with the Cadillac ATS...Like the ATS, Buick's GN will offer the choice of a turbocharged 2.0-liter four (currently rated at 272 horsepower) or a 3.6-liter V-6 that makes 321 horses in the ATS. The wicked GNX, available only in the official shade of evil (black), will be powered by a twin-turbo ­3.6-liter V-6 that should be good for 400 horsepower. The transmission roster will include manuals for the turbo engines and automatics across the board. The eight-speed Hydra-Matic due in 2014 should serve nicely here...

Re: Buick GN & GNX are coming back
Friday, December 13, 2013 7:17 AM
Sweet. I just wish they would make it faster than the 2015 corvette.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Friday, December 13, 2013 12:11 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:Sweet. I just wish they would make it faster than the 2015 corvette.

I wish they would leave the oldies alone!
Attachments
image.jpg (41k)

Friday, December 13, 2013 3:42 PM
a 400hp tt v6 sure sounds sick.... arent they all going to be four doors, though? meh.

no doubt even the lightest ones will weigh 4000 pounds so that 400hp is gonna feel like 200.

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Friday, December 13, 2013 3:45 PM
It definitely won't be as fast as they're making it seem. They may make it awd, which would be cool but make it even slower. Maybe zzp will sell bigger turbos for it

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, December 14, 2013 10:07 AM
I don't think it ever took off. Rumor about a Chevy car on the ATS platform though

Saturday, December 14, 2013 4:08 PM
I'm looking forward to this. Over 400hp so you know it will make more with some light mods.

Sorry we all know they will not allow it to be faster than the Vette. That is the whole reason they killed them years ago. I would be mad if it was faster then the vette.

FU Tuning

Monday, December 16, 2013 5:34 AM
pvtmcmuffin wrote:I don't think it ever took off. Rumor about a Chevy car on the ATS platform though

The next gen Chevy Camaro will be on the ATS platform. From what I've read on another forum these Buicks, at least one will be coming to the dealerships. It would be a nice addition to the Buick stables.

Monday, December 16, 2013 7:41 AM
Rumor around the Camaro forums is the new Camaro might have the option for AWD. Hell even mine has interesting front clearances that look like an AWD system would fit. Hell even my front wheel bearings are splined so they can be made into driven wheels.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, December 16, 2013 7:45 AM
Furthermore...The twin Turbo V6 shares a lot with the camaro's LFX engine. The trans also... There are a lot of parts that are the same or bolt up to each other.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, December 16, 2013 8:19 AM

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, December 17, 2013 5:31 AM
Twin turbo 3.6.
I has wood.

Wednesday, January 08, 2014 7:51 AM
The Cadillac XTS Vsport already has the 410hp TT 3.6

The 2014 Cadillac CTS Vsport has a 420hp TT 3.6 version.

And 400hp in a Sedan doesn't feel like 200 by any means either.

Wednesday, January 08, 2014 11:40 AM
YAY GM BROUGHT BACK THE GRAND NATIONAL AND GNX AND IT LOOKS "NOTHING" LIKE IT! (SARCASM)

Well atleast GM brought something back i guess. Old people will LOVE this car!

GMR has got nothing on this
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search