picked up another J - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
picked up another J
Sunday, November 24, 2013 6:50 AM
I picked it up back in feb from a member on here.Its an 02 ls sport.Very good shape with 60,xxx miles on it,and a magnaflow catback. I don't really have any pics of it though. Im not sure what my plans are for it yet.I threw in a short throw shifter last month,and a I have a viper alarm/remote start I have to install. Ill probably throw some toyo tails on it when I come across a set and debadge it. I gotta throw new tires on it cause there all dry rotted.Here are the pics from the ad,and the short throw I put in.

Peter
'06 Cobalt ss/sc W/G85 Package
Gm Stage II W/2.79" Pulley
K&N Drop In Filter
Custom Magnaflow Dual Exhaust

Re: picked up another J
Sunday, November 24, 2013 1:03 PM
what short shifter is that?

Monday, November 25, 2013 6:08 AM
Ralco

Peter
K&N Drop In Filter

Friday, November 29, 2013 2:01 PM
I have had two ralco's so far and they seem to be pretty good. Clean car. Just debadge it, drop it and call it a day.

Sunday, December 01, 2013 9:33 AM
Yea,it seems like its good quality.I haven't had chance to check it out yet cause I haven't driven the car since I put it in a few weeks ago.

Peter
K&N Drop In Filter

Sunday, December 01, 2013 10:59 AM
On the shifter, did you use anything to keep the blue piece of metal from wiggling out? I've got some duct tape on the left side of it so it doesn't move out too far, but that only works so well.
Wednesday, December 04, 2013 6:57 AM
No,I didnt put anything on the blue piece. I don't think it will work its way out.

Peter
K&N Drop In Filter

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 8:35 AM
I've never noticed how much taller the cobalts are and I use to have one. I know next to 300zx or skylines, etc, the cobalt looks way taller.... but never realized the jbodys are that much shorter. Is the cavalier lowered at all? hard to tell? Doesn't look like sportlines or anything but maybe prokit or something?

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 9:34 AM
I always liked the red bowtie on a black Cavy.

GMR has got nothing on this
Friday, January 03, 2014 10:31 PM
Rick wrote:I've never noticed how much taller the cobalts are and I use to have one. I know next to 300zx or skylines, etc, the cobalt looks way taller.... but never realized the jbodys are that much shorter. Is the cavalier lowered at all? hard to tell? Doesn't look like sportlines or anything but maybe prokit or something?

Yea,the balt is def taller than the cavy. Both cars are on the stock suspension.

Peter
K&N Drop In Filter

Thursday, January 09, 2014 10:15 AM
I got a question for you, since your an owner of both cobalt ss and cavalier, I see you also have a 98 z24 with big mod list in garage unless you sold it? I am a previous cobalt ss owner, almost same as yours but no stage 2. I however sold the car in 2008 so have not driven any boosted cars in 6 years. I was young at the time and had some financial problems so paying over $1000/month on car payments and insurance was hard. I now have cheap insurance and no car payments but miss the boost. I have always been a fan of the wrx/sti because we get a lot of snow here, but with the G85 and winter tires, I never had a problem with my cobalt. STI's are still kind of expensive to own and the cheaper used ones are probably abused, Im sure the used Cobalt SS may be abused to but they always seemed like they would be easy to work on/mod. I am not sure how hard the STI's would be to work on but I am sure they would be a lot more than the Cobalt or j body so I was thinking of keeping it simple. On to the question, would you have rather bought your cobalt ss or built a cavalier for boost(If I went this route, id probably either buy a 03+ cavalier with a ecotec or do a ecotec swap on my 2000 cavalier)
Sorry to kind of hijack your thread, just figured you would have a good opinion on this.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 3:25 PM
Rick wrote:I got a question for you, since your an owner of both cobalt ss and cavalier, I see you also have a 98 z24 with big mod list in garage unless you sold it? I am a previous cobalt ss owner, almost same as yours but no stage 2. I however sold the car in 2008 so have not driven any boosted cars in 6 years. I was young at the time and had some financial problems so paying over $1000/month on car payments and insurance was hard. I now have cheap insurance and no car payments but miss the boost. I have always been a fan of the wrx/sti because we get a lot of snow here, but with the G85 and winter tires, I never had a problem with my cobalt. STI's are still kind of expensive to own and the cheaper used ones are probably abused, Im sure the used Cobalt SS may be abused to but they always seemed like they would be easy to work on/mod. I am not sure how hard the STI's would be to work on but I am sure they would be a lot more than the Cobalt or j body so I was thinking of keeping it simple. On to the question, would you have rather bought your cobalt ss or built a cavalier for boost(If I went this route, id probably either buy a 03+ cavalier with a ecotec or do a ecotec swap on my 2000 cavalier)
Sorry to kind of hijack your thread, just figured you would have a good opinion on this.

Id rather have the cobalt from the reliability standpoint. For a daily driver,i prefer to have a factory boosted car. I plan to boost this car or maybe my z24 in the future. Since there not my dd,i can afford to deal with any issues that come up and I wont be without a car.I learned my lesson back in the day when I modded my z24.It was my only car and I was always fixing something on that thing.

Peter
K&N Drop In Filter

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search