2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Page 11 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Chevrolet Cruze info
Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:12 AM
2015 Cruze Pics

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 10:51 AM
Head unit looks similar to the sonic setup.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, March 31, 2014 11:19 AM
Uh oh so much for the big car show reveal lol New Chevy Cruze gets an unexpected reveal from China

Monday, March 31, 2014 11:20 AM

Thursday, April 03, 2014 10:14 AM
The front looks a lot like the newer Focus. I'm not a fan at all.

Thursday, April 03, 2014 12:54 PM
Mr. Quick wrote:The front looks a lot like the newer Focus. I'm not a fan at all.

Yep - same here. Back looks good, front looks terrible.

Focus looks way better actually!

Thursday, April 03, 2014 3:40 PM
That is the Chinese version. What we get in North America could look different. If you compare the Chinese car to the camo car, the upper part of the grille definitely looks different. Still I do think it is a bit better looking then the current generation.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Monday, April 14, 2014 11:08 AM
Well here it is...

The earlier camouflage pictures I posted above apparently were of the new Asian market Cruze, that one won't be coming here till 2016-17 way to go GM. The way the compact market is now you'd think GM would be bringing their A game instead of adding lipstick to a pig.

Monday, April 14, 2014 11:27 AM
Well considering I just got my 2014 a few months back, I'm not disappointed. Didn't want to be last generation yet

They do need to update the car however. It is good, but could be much better.

Re: 2015 Chevrolet Cruze
Monday, April 21, 2014 4:54 AM

2015 Chinese-Market Chevrolet Cruze
Quote:

The big news has to do with the Chinese Cruze’s powertrains, which GM says are all members of the conglomerate’s new Ecotec small engine family. So far two engines are confirmed—a turbocharged 1.4-liter four and a 1.5-liter naturally aspirated four—and Chevy will offer no fewer than three different transmissions. A six-speed manual remains standard, while a six-speed automated manual and a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic are optional.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 8:58 PM
autoblog.com wrote:Chevrolet may have just introduced a slight styling refresh and new tech for the North American Cruze at the New York Auto Show, but Shanghai GM, General Motor's Chinese joint venture partner, has gone a step further, unveiling an all-new generation of the popular compact at the 2014 Beijing Motor Show.

The Chinese-market Cruze has sleeker frontal styling with inspiration from the Chevy Tru 140S Concept. The headlights are more pointed and dip down into the two-tier grille. Overall, the sedan has more aggressive lines and a coupe-like roofline. Power for the new version is provided by a 1.5-liter four-cylinder or 1.4-liter, direct-injected turbocharged four, and Chinese buyers can choose among a seven-speed dual-clutch, six-speed manual or six-speed automated manual as gearbox options. GM Shanghai claims the latest model is good for a 14-21 percent improvement in fuel economy.

Chevy authorities in China tell Autoblog that North American customers will eventually get a new model based on this architecture, but it won't look exactly like what you see here – in fact, it will almost certainly ride on a longer wheelbase, among other changes.

Why introduce the model in Beijing? The Cruze has been a hot seller in China for years – GM has sold over one million units in the market – and the model has been on sale in the Middle Kingdom significantly longer than it has been available in North America. What's more, the C-segment cars like the Cruze are China's most popular vehicle type, enjoying nearly 50 percent marketshare. Said another way, China's due for a new generation.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 9:10 PM
Dave wrote:
autoblog.com wrote:
Chevy authorities in China tell Autoblog that North American customers will eventually get a new model based on this architecture, but it won't look exactly like what you see here – in fact, it will almost certainly ride on a longer wheelbase, among other changes.

Like a turbo 2.0 LDK good for 360/360 with a 7M . . ?! C'mon Chevy, you need this. We need this

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search