New Daily Driver - REDSEXY pt 3..... - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Daily Driver - REDSEXY pt 3.....
Wednesday, February 12, 2014 6:00 AM
Traded my 2009 G8 GT for a 2014 SS - Picking up Friday after my tint guy makes it look like mt G8, they agreed to give me a few days to swap my aftermarket parts from my G8 back to stock.

The Exhaust note on this SS STOCK is amazing. Will post some updated pics Friday night/Saturday Morning. I've been waiting 7weeks for this beauty to arrive to the dealer.

Updates to come.

This is my 3rd Red Hot "Commodore" since 2011, Started with a 2008 G8 V6, then the 2009 GT and now the SS. Loves these ZETA platform vehicles.

Re: New Daily Driver - REDSEXY pt 3.....
Wednesday, February 12, 2014 8:10 AM
Very nice man. I love everything about it but the chrome personally, but hey, I wouldn't complain if it were mine either way. Congrats.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 9:04 AM
Test drove one 3 weeks ago. Loved it. Didn't really get to go all out with it since the salesman was with me, but it was comfortable.

Didn't like the cheap look of the alcantera/suede on the inside with the SS emblem stitched in. Maybe it just needed a good cleaning to bring the fibers back out.

Salesman showed me the "auto park assist" feature; blew my mind! I was waiting for the car to smack into one of the 2 cars on either side, but it parked perfectly. (cue Skynet theme)

We went over some numbers and I was SOOO close to buying one, but then decided to wait. I'm not sure what GM's plan with this car is. Some say its just going to be a single year release and then be done with (making for a great collectors car) Others say they are testing the waters and if it sells good, they will keep producing them.

I'm hoping they release more and put the LT1 from the C7 Vette matted to the new 8 Speed Auto in the C7 Z06. Then I would place an order for one!

Also, I read on the forums that the Infotainment system uses the older Gen2 verison and not the newest one found in the 2014 Impalas and Malibus.

Still a great car. Hopefully I don't regret not getting.

LS3 will always have a large market for many years, so that is a plus.
Friday, February 14, 2014 4:10 PM

Man, I sure do miss my G8 GT, but this was a good trade up. Love my SS however. This is the 1st New off the lot car for me since 2001. I LOVE IT already.

My tinter was out of 70% for the windshield, so it will get done next week to look more like the G8 did.

Did I mention I LOVE THIS CAR?

Saturday, February 15, 2014 9:04 AM
Wow. I have thought the SS was a great looking car. I'm also a major fan of the G8's so not sure how I feel about it, but looks like a great looking car. enjoy.

FU Tuning

Sunday, February 16, 2014 5:36 AM
Might want to keep a fire extinguisher handy...

I think the G8 is the better looking of the two but you can't beat the smell of a new car

Sunday, February 16, 2014 8:01 AM
I won't be adding batteries (plural) to the trunk floor of my SS, therefore causing a short and sparks catching the trunk carpet on fire.

Monday, February 17, 2014 4:49 PM
ROKN20S - aka JuicyJ wrote:I won't be adding batteries (plural) to the trunk floor of my SS, therefore causing a short and sparks catching the trunk carpet on fire.

Is that what the cause was? I was thinking something to do with the lights they install for the pace car.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, April 01, 2014 12:34 PM
Visiting Livernois Motorsports tomorrow morning, having my Roto-Fab CAI and Dyno tune installed. Should be just under 400RWHP

They already installed and tuned their own SS and got 37RWHP and 39RWTQ over stock.

Mine may be a few hp more considering their SS only has 75miles on it and not really broken in yet. I'll post Dyno sheets etc after tomorrow.

Wednesday, April 02, 2014 9:13 PM
42.41HP & 40.28TQ!

Very please with the feel and sound of it. Who would have thought a CAI and tune could be such a huge improvement?

Great feel in Throttle response, shifts feel awesome. Track opens this weekend, will put it to the real test @ the track.

Seems like a 17% loss from the Crank to the Wheels on my car and Their SS. If that is so then 465hp @ the Crank is a good guess with only the CAI and tune.

Thursday, April 03, 2014 3:24 AM
Very nice!

Any plans for Headers and Exhaust work in the future?

Thursday, April 03, 2014 4:52 AM
Very nice.

FU Tuning

Thursday, April 03, 2014 9:06 AM
After I get some more miles on it and enjoy for a while I'm thinking a Cam/Headers/Exhaust and another day on the Dyno for sure.

For now, I will she how she does at the track and then add my ZEX kit I had on the G8. 100shot will really make things interesting.

Thursday, April 03, 2014 12:52 PM
Nice!!

What kind of numbers / track times were you turning with the 100 shot G8?

Friday, April 04, 2014 6:58 AM
The G8 was a 6.0l L76 w/ 361hp/385tq stock. - Mods were a Roto-Fab CAI and Superchips tuner with 125shot - 11.88@117 was my best.with a 2.92 Rear Gear

The SS is 6.2l LS3 w/ 415hp/415tq stock - Mods are Roto-Fab CAI and Dyno Tune - SS has a 3.27gear
We figure on the Dyno that car lost 17% of its power fromt he crank to the wheels on the Baseline tune. So if we use the same 17% loss the SS should be 465hp/465tq at the crank.

I figure even with a smaller shot that I will still have slightly more power both at the crank and at the wheels and a better gear ration to get out of the hole quicker.

The G8 Best without N2o was 12.79@108, that was CAI, Tuner, Drag Radials only.

I'm hoping to better than tomorrow for the first trip to the track with the SS with pretty much the same mods. I figure a good 5php bump and better gearing. Just gotta stick those Drag Radials to the ground and we're all good.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 2:23 PM
First time to the track, The SS ran a 12.666@113.73

Friday, May 09, 2014 5:08 PM
ROKN20S - aka JuicyJ wrote:First time to the track, The SS ran a 12.666@113.73

Very nice!!

FU Tuning

Monday, May 12, 2014 10:40 PM
@!#$. That'd be good enough for me with a daily!

Thursday, May 22, 2014 3:41 AM
Anything in the 12s would make me a good daily driver for sure.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, May 28, 2014 7:27 AM
No more Gold bow tie!

No more crap on the paint from the tires anymore.

Friday, May 30, 2014 3:54 AM
not sure on the front badge or the flaps.

FU Tuning

Friday, May 30, 2014 6:47 AM
So would this be considered a Re-rebadge? lol

Holden FTW!
Monday, June 16, 2014 3:08 PM
Finally got my wheels from Back Order.

20x8.8" Front and 20x10" Rear - 285/30/20 in the back! FAT MEATS!

This made my day! Friend of a friend posted a pic of my car as he saw it cruising down the road.

Friday, June 20, 2014 2:59 PM
So far the best pass at the track is 11.848@120.30mph!

She is moving! More power in the near future.... :-)

Friday, June 20, 2014 4:52 PM
I love the new wheels!!

I friends dad has one of these same color. I got to see it in person. Man the interior is SWEET!!!!

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search