Quad powered Chevette? - Page 11 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Quad powered Chevette?
Sunday, June 08, 2014 6:34 PM
Kinda. lol.

The Fiero lower arms don't bolt in, and would have to have the existing mounting location cut off and a new one welded on. If going that route, I may just swap to Mustang II tubular control arms.

With work and doing a few side jobs, I haven't had much time for the Chevette....... that and it's still waiting to be picked up and brought to the shop to get the sheetmetal work done. Just have the collection of parts I keep moving around the garage, lol.

I did manage to work on the GTO today, gave it it's yearly oil change, rehooked up the N2O, fixed the TB sticking issue, swapped in some darker tinted tail lights, and painted the C5 center caps black. Might take it in this week to get the windows tinted finally.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Re: Quad powered Chevette?
Sunday, June 15, 2014 5:59 PM
At this point, would a custom lower arm be the way to go? How well would the Mustang II arms work?
I had similar issues with the front suspension. After considering quite a few set-ups - including the Mustang II set-up, I ended going with readily available spindles / lower tables and fabricating new attachment points for the car.

Cheers

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search