Opinions on wheels: Concave staggered - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Opinions on wheels: Concave staggered
Monday, November 08, 2010 7:53 AM
What you guys think about these wheels. Miro 111

I'm itching to purchase them, but want some opinions first. They will be 20x8.5 and 20x9.5 in the rear

On a car like mine

Thoughts?

Re: Opinions on wheels: Concave staggered
Monday, November 08, 2010 8:04 AM
Concave Bimmers FTW!!!!!!

Not unintentionally accelerating since 2009!!!!

Monday, November 08, 2010 8:57 AM
A little flashy IMO. Too much chrome even for a bimmer. What kind of offset are they? Personally, I think you can go a little wider. Run a 10" in the rear and a 9-9.5 in the front. I don't know much about your car, but I know you can fit more under a 5 series than an IS300. Last thing you want is to spend a bunch on rims than you put them on and think "Damn I should have went wider."

Monday, November 08, 2010 9:00 AM
not bad. i think u could do better tho.

Monday, November 08, 2010 9:10 AM
Thanks for the opinions. I still have a lot of time before I should be buying. I believe buying wheels while its getting cold is pretty silly. Offset is +18 from and back

As far as flashy goes, they do have different finishes for these as well. I just trying hard to find the "right" wheels. So many to choose from for a RWD car with prices ranging from 1k all the way up to 4-6k for 20's lol. Its crazy.

Monday, November 08, 2010 9:12 AM
Oh and 10inches in the rear would be sexy as hell

Monday, November 08, 2010 9:23 AM
Ok, so the first pic didn't load the first time I clicked the thread. I retract my previous statement about flashy. The second pic, first pic of car, looks a little flashy. The pic of just the rim gives me a different opinion. +18 is a pretty decent offset. I think a 10" rear at +18 would be hot as hell. If you want to have a nice aggressive wheel you're going to have to do a little work. Don't be afraid of a little fender rolling. Just make sure you do it right. With an actual fender roll.

Monday, November 08, 2010 10:06 AM
I like them Larry, but IMO a deep dish nasty lip would look better.

i love the concave, but man i love a deep lip better.

Saab Kit, GM Reflash, 10 psi
Monday, November 08, 2010 10:08 AM
Cummon now everybody knows you gotta go deep-dish with a bimmer! lol

Monday, November 08, 2010 10:14 AM
I'm with you guys on deep dish. I am just thinking about going with something different than what i normally see. If I could afford it, I'd be buying some crazy 3 piece wheels that cost 4k with an insane custom lip like some Work VS's or something.

I'm going to keep searching. My current budget is 2k so I'm trying.

Monday, November 08, 2010 10:34 AM
I really like them..

Monday, November 08, 2010 11:19 AM
I like em. Definitely feeling the concave look. Deep dish wheels are getting sooooo played out.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Monday, November 08, 2010 11:22 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:I like em. Definitely feeling the concave look. Deep dish wheels are getting sooooo played out.

This

Monday, November 08, 2010 12:16 PM
Rabbit(AKA RedAssassin) wrote:
JLAudioCavalier wrote:I like em. Definitely feeling the concave look. Deep dish wheels are getting sooooo played out.

This

i guess it depends on your area. Around here, if you see a deep dish bmw its tities, but of course if you see a bmw with concave dubs, its titties also lol

its all personal preference, and I just love me some deep dish wheels.

Saab Kit, GM Reflash, 10 psi
Monday, November 08, 2010 12:33 PM
97&04cfcavy(04pearlcav) wrote:
Rabbit(AKA RedAssassin) wrote:

This

i guess it depends on your area. Around here, if you see a deep dish bmw its tities, but of course if you see a bmw with concave dubs, its titties also lol

its all personal preference, and I just love me some deep dish wheels.

LOL. Yup all personal preference

Monday, November 08, 2010 3:21 PM
Same thing in the Infiniti camp. 90% of the guys run lipped wheels, not my thing. Im running concave wheels, they look awesome if youre running a staggered setup. Ive got 20x9 F and 20x10 R with meaty 285s in the rear. Ordering new BFGs this winter and going with a mild stretch so I can run wider spacers for better stance.

Concave is definitely not as widely seen as deepdish. People are always asking me what kind of wheels I have since usually all you see around here is lips.

What are your OEM specs? Depending on how much of a stretch you go with the tires, you could prob get away with 20x10 in the rear if you go with the correct offsets.

Monday, November 08, 2010 3:29 PM
You on any beemer forums? I would talk to those guys about what offsets theyre running. I talked to my fair share of G35 owners before I ordered mine. That way youre not regrettting your purchase.

I wouldnt go under $2k. I also dont subscribe to the whole Works/Volks following where theyre paying up to $6k just for a name on your wheel. I paid $3k for mine, middle of the road pricing for most of the luxury sport guys. Everyone is always talking about weight. I mean come on.... is 2 lbs per wheel really gonna help you when you dont even track/race your car. Some of these wheel guys are full of it when they talk about Volk and higher end wheels. They worry about wheel fatigue and failure... I think Ive only seen pics online of wheels coming apart about 5 times, and usually its cuz the moron who owned the car installed them incorrectly or was using the wrong kind of spacers, not becuz they didnt spend $5k+ on the wheels.

Monday, November 08, 2010 3:39 PM
Z2FLIP4 wrote:Same thing in the Infiniti camp. 90% of the guys run lipped wheels, not my thing. Im running concave wheels, they look awesome if youre running a staggered setup. Ive got 20x9 F and 20x10 R with meaty 285s in the rear. Ordering new BFGs this winter and going with a mild stretch so I can run wider spacers for better stance.

Concave is definitely not as widely seen as deepdish. People are always asking me what kind of wheels I have since usually all you see around here is lips.

What are your OEM specs? Depending on how much of a stretch you go with the tires, you could prob get away with 20x10 in the rear if you go with the correct offsets.

I like your wheels.

Yes, I'm a member of at least 3 different BMW forums. I'll ask around. Also, spacers do seem to give cars a nice stance and help with flushness. I'm sure that would look good!

OEM is 245/40/18 with 8" wide wheels. I was reading that some guys with my car was able to go as far as 10.5 in the rear. Not sure if the car had rolled fenders or not though. He was running 3-piece Asanti's (very expensive).

Monday, November 08, 2010 3:42 PM
Oh and the factory offset is +20

Monday, November 08, 2010 3:50 PM
definitely a fan here... hopefully they dont weigh 60 pounds a piece...

Underdog Racing
Monday, November 08, 2010 3:56 PM
I like those, but I think your car would need a more aggressive front to pull them off.

But you can't ever go wrong with bbs LM's

Monday, November 08, 2010 4:40 PM
get on those stance forums.. someone is always selling some perfect fit wheels . wide and low offset. get it done! lol

Monday, November 08, 2010 8:45 PM
My car came with the lipped wheels...

given the chance, Id go concave in a heartbeat.

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Monday, November 08, 2010 9:17 PM
i want some concave wheels

Monday, November 08, 2010 11:12 PM
Z2FLIP4 wrote:You on any beemer forums? I would talk to those guys about what offsets theyre running. I talked to my fair share of G35 owners before I ordered mine. That way youre not regrettting your purchase.

I wouldnt go under $2k. I also dont subscribe to the whole Works/Volks following where theyre paying up to $6k just for a name on your wheel. I paid $3k for mine, middle of the road pricing for most of the luxury sport guys. Everyone is always talking about weight. I mean come on.... is 2 lbs per wheel really gonna help you when you dont even track/race your car. Some of these wheel guys are full of it when they talk about Volk and higher end wheels. They worry about wheel fatigue and failure... I think Ive only seen pics online of wheels coming apart about 5 times, and usually its cuz the moron who owned the car installed them incorrectly or was using the wrong kind of spacers, not becuz they didnt spend $5k+ on the wheels.

Wheels is one of the best places to save weight. It's unsprung weight and you'll notice the biggest difference vs shaving some weight here and there. Like you said if you don't track it not a big deal. Unless you go with some heavy as wheels it may affect acceleration in a dd atmosphere.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search