New Daily Driver HHR SS - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Daily Driver HHR SS
Saturday, June 21, 2014 8:30 AM
So I was having issues with my daily driver grand am. The plan had been to wait a couple more years and get a new CTS. I just felt I could not wait that long, but not ready for a new car payment. I started looking at used CTS and found a HHR SS at a caddy dealership near by. I had never really considered them until that. The one they had sold a day or two before I got to it. So I started looking for more.

I ended up with this 2009 HHR SS auto. Here is the day I got it on the lot.

I do not plan to do much to it other than drive it. It is very fun to drive and gets way better mpg's than the grand am.

I have taken the pin stripe off and upgraded/replaced the brakes. So it sits like this now

Rear brakes after replacing them

Fronts after replacing them

I have taken it to one show with my car club as the cavy was down for work

Engine bay shot

I have restored the headlights also as they were in bad shape.

I will likely do a small tune as I do not like how inconstant the boost is, but that will likely be it.

FU Tuning

Re: New Daily Driver HHR SS
Sunday, June 22, 2014 9:58 PM
Sweet.....id have to go 5 speed.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 12:59 PM
JUCNBST wrote:Sweet.....id have to go 5 speed.

The auto works well for me and work as I have to talk a lot on the phone.

Also my wife doesn't like driving a 5 speed so having something she can easily drive is a big plus.

It makes me enjoy the cavy that much more.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 1:09 PM
Thinking of picking up one myself as a Daily Driver.

Not too shabby for a little Wagon/Suv/Car...

Saturday, June 28, 2014 8:16 AM
Addicted to meth wrote:
I ended up with this 2009 HHR SS auto. Here is the day I got it on the lot.

I have restored the headlights also as they were in bad shape.

I will likely do a small tune as I do not like how inconstant the boost is, but that will likely be it.

Sweet SS!

Keep us posted on the tune w/auto trans.

Might have to look into getting one of these as well - auto would be cool for shared duties

Saturday, June 28, 2014 2:07 PM
Love it man. I am sure it is the same as the Cobalts and with a tune you can get more HP and gas mileage as well.

Saturday, July 12, 2014 10:58 PM
Anything new with the ss? How is the tuning going?

Monday, July 14, 2014 12:47 PM
Did the first oil change just yesterday on it.

I have yet to tune it. I'm going to the track Wednesday with some friends and I will likely run it as is. I'm debating on getting the credits before them to unlock the ECU.

Torque management only allows full boost in third gear. SO just turning off most of torque management would do alot.

FU Tuning

Monday, July 14, 2014 2:20 PM
i saw a slammed, and i mean slammed HHR SS the other week. He didnt change a thing to the outside of the car. Except for the giant intercooler and exhaust pipes that pointed straight up lol. But it was sexy!
Thursday, July 31, 2014 10:08 AM
I have not actually tuned t, but did raise the boost some. 20psi, but I will likely lower it some.

It is a beast at that psi. No other changes made. My HHR has the factory gauge display option. This shows HP and Torque. Going by that I have picked up around 40hp.

FU Tuning

Thursday, July 31, 2014 11:47 AM
How is the CAt doing now with the higher boost. When we raised the brothers to 22.5 psi the cat was less than happy.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO

Thursday, July 31, 2014 3:05 PM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:How is the CAt doing now with the higher boost. When we raised the brothers to 22.5 psi the cat was less than happy.

Fine.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search