Traded my truck in for... - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Traded my truck in for...
Wednesday, July 23, 2014 4:13 PM
another truck. My 2007 Nissan Titan has been my daily driver. It wasn't a bad truck by any means, but it was a serious gas guzzler. On top of that it was now out of warranty, and I have heard that particularly those of us that have beat on them somewhat can expect to be buying a new transmission in our future, so I decided it was time for something else.

I was originally set on getting a 2015 Mustang. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that a truck fits my lifestyle better then a sports coupe. So I did my research, probably a lot more then the average person does when buying a new vehicle. After about a month of that I finally bit the bullet and picked up...

2014 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab with the 5.7L Hemi V8

So far it is an upgrade in every way, except that its a 2WD - I just couldn't justify getting another 4WD. I drive a lot more lately, and I hadn't used the 4WD in the Titan for some time, so in the end the fuel savings won out. I guess I'll have to pick up a beater Jeep or something to satisfy the off-road cravings in the future.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Re: Traded my truck in for...
Wednesday, July 23, 2014 4:24 PM
love the front end on these!
Wednesday, July 23, 2014 8:21 PM
Nice looking new ride.That is a touch too big my uses but I also last year traded my 11 civic and went back to a truck myself.I purchased a 14 Tacoma access cab with 4x4 as I already still own my 1st truck for 28 yrs since new and a 4x2.The Toyota is not bad on mpg with the 2.7 and 5spd and we do get snow here from time to time and this year made good use of it!MY last check on actual mpg was 17.5 and this is too the letter tracking each fuel up and miles driven.I just kicked 3100 miles a week back and I drive very little to work and I bought this in oct of 13.Enjoy your new ride.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 11:23 PM
I like!!!

http://www.autorentalandsales.com/images/2004Cavalier005.JPG
Thursday, July 24, 2014 4:59 AM
Nice truck! It should be fine with the 2wd most of the time people with 4wd never use it and when they do they don't really need it anyway. I know a few people with 2wd pickups that never had an issue this winter didn't get stuck once. But you can have a lot of fun in parking lots that get packed down snow with some pretty sweet power slides

2002 Pontiac Sunfire SE Sedan 2.2l Ecotec 4 Speed Auto.
Tuesday, August 12, 2014 5:08 PM
does it have the 8spd auto ? they are nice trucks !!!

ive also got a friend that has been looking at the new dodge trucks

be glad the nissan is gone , their cats go bad ALOT , its been one of our top selling manifold cats set ups , lol

enjoy the dodge ! if they hadnt ruined the charger i woulda got one

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 5:13 PM
Nice ride. I've always liked the way they look.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 12:21 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(™)]does it have the 8spd auto ? they are nice trucks !!!
Yup, 8 speed auto with the dial shifter on the dash. Its so strange to "dial in" your gear.

[quote=97cavie24ls(™)]enjoy the dodge ! if they hadnt ruined the charger i woulda got one
Ruined it? No... They just fixed it today...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, August 13, 2014 12:22 PM
Attachments
poamqxvqgtzq4sjtezlq.jpg (249k)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 11:58 PM
very nice ! the 8spd is what kept me from getting a charger , hows the mileage been so far ?

they went from looking like a bloated dart to a bloated dart with a frowning guppy lips

707hp , low 11sec 1/4mile , and 204mph top speed isnt enough to swing it into the driveway , the 11-14 look alot better even with the cross hair grill

Thursday, August 14, 2014 2:50 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(™)]very nice ! the 8spd is what kept me from getting a charger , hows the mileage been so far ?
What's wrong with the 8 speed?

[quote=97cavie24ls(™)]they went from looking like a bloated dart to a bloated dart with a frowning guppy lips
To each their own, I actually like the new design better. Except that it still has that stupid swoop on the door.

Friday, August 15, 2014 12:32 AM
nothing wrong with it , other than it took to long to show up in the cars , well unless you count it being in the V6 first , lol

but i was looking to get a SRT8 charger , and the 1 thing they lacked was mileage over other similar cars from GM plus the lack of tuning , while the 5spd auto was a decent trans and takes alot of abuse , i knew the 8spd was coming said to have been late 12 , then pushed to mid 13 , and mid 14 , and to only show up for 15

the swoop on the door is one of the features of the body line i like , since its similar to the 68-70 chargers , had they taken the same train of thought they put into the challenger for 15 , the charger would have looked better going with a 68-70 stylish front end

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search