My 95 Dakota Sport to MY "R/T" build thread - Page 4 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: My 95 Dakota Sport to MY
Sunday, March 23, 2014 9:47 PM
Just found the link but I know little to nothing as far as feedback on This blower here...

Monday, March 24, 2014 3:09 PM
I've seen some of the various blower setups. I'm pretty sure my wife would shoot me... Even if I try to tell her it will help when pulling the boat

Monday, March 24, 2014 9:47 PM
are there any forums geared towards the magnum motors that you'd recommend?

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 8:03 AM
There is some good info on racemagnum.com and dakota-durango.com

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 8:20 AM
JUCNBST wrote:

That's just badass right there. I approve.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 4:16 PM
Thanks Mr. Quick

Wednesday, June 04, 2014 6:29 PM
Well I will be moving at the end of June and loosing a garage to build out of. So I finished the last of the brake system. All new lines bent up and flared, new booster and master and the most important piece of the awesome burnout puzzle. ...the line lock.

The only downside is for my stoke of crappy luck now all the gauges don't function with exception of my oil pressure gauge.

Saturday, July 12, 2014 11:03 PM
Little update. ...went through the trouble trees in my fsm and turned out my printed circuit board was cracked.... junkyard cluster is in and working great. On Independence Day my buddy and I thought this was a good way to end our day.

Sunday, July 13, 2014 10:51 AM
^^ 'MURICA

Love it!!!

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Sunday, August 10, 2014 9:50 PM
I've got no actual work done to the truck lately since j lack the garage and I've been working a lot of overtime lately. Just driving the wheels off it. My buddy sent this to me the following day after I claimed his street as my territory.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 1:04 PM
Did you mod the kegger on your 5.9 when you had it apart?

I've been looking around a bit trying to put together a plan for a good solid towing build for the ss/t. Truck started acting up on me this past week and had to put a front o2 sensor in it on while I was on vacation. So far I'm looking at preventative maintenance (high volume oil pump, water pump, Hughes intake fix, etc) but wouldn't mind adding some power if I can do it without sacrificing low/mid range torque. I may also look at regearing as the truck has 3.55's in it now.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 3:52 PM
strat81- I didn't touch the Kegger I planed on doing that but found a dealer in Michigan that sells the MPI 2 barrel single plane manifold for dirt cheap recently. All I did was take the kegger apart and power wash it and re seal the stock steel pan on. When I had the 5.9 gone through I ended up keeping the stock rotating assembly and spent money upgrading the valve train. I installed a new comp double roller timing chain assembly, comp cam, Mopar lifters, Crane hardened pushrods and to save money ended up getting my spring seats machined down to rung small block chevy springs. I also opted for ARP head bolts, the high volume oil pump and a Mopar performance pcm.

I don't plan on anything more than pulling the cavi on a tow dolly so I'm not to worried about loosing any low end due to ditching the kegger for the m1. The Dakota already has 4.11's versus the stock 3.91 it came with, not much of a change but you might want to see if the 3.91 was an option for your sst as you could just get a rearend out of the junk yard and rebuild the posi and freshen it up. I'm aware that you can't tow with a Mopar performance pcm but currently don't have a hitch yet. When I do I'll swap the pcm to stock if I'm not on a Fast efi by then. If you want I should still have the part numbers somewhere in a folder for the engine parts.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 6:12 AM
I'm not sure how far into the motor I'll go. I was thinking at this point I'd look at intake (not sure whether I'll go Cai or 14x2 air cleaner) headers, new y pipe/cat (truck has 146k on the original), melling high volume oil pump with new pickup tube, water pump, all aluminum rad, electric fan, Hughes keg repair kit, aux tranny cooler, regear with posi, and an sct tuner. Probably wouldn't hurt to replace the timing gear while I'm at it.

Also considering the kegger mod, 1.7 rockers, and a bigger tb but not sure if they will help or hurt low/mid range power.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 2:53 PM
I think you will be fine with a slightly larger tb rockers and a mod'd kegger...these motors make alot down low. I bet you wouldn't notice it especially if you got it all tuned. I'm sure that would wake it up quite a bit.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 3:19 PM
I went to the Woodward Dream Cruise up in Detroit this past weekend. We only got two burnouts on film.... The third one was an awesome rolling one in Bloomfield that was cut short by the police but I didn't get a ticket he just ran my info and was joking around with me and let me go.The first one I'm waiting to be sent via email then I'll add it here, and this little guy when I put the new tires back on the rear when we left. I was curious to see what mpg's I was going to get on the highway with the truck rev's being around 2750 at 75-80mph and I was beyond surprised to get 16mpg! even with the 4.11 gears

These were from the crawling burnout with the line lock when we arrived at 3am.

and a few of my favorites from the day.

and one of My truck, Vetguy (rarely posts owns the red turbo ln2 now) and our buddies t56 swapped el camino before heading to the cruise.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 4:46 PM
I've said it already but that thing sounds healthy!! Love the burnout vid!

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 6:04 PM
Thanks. There will be more burnout vids just a matter of time. I'm scouting the area's by my new place for some good power slides.

Thursday, December 01, 2016 10:58 AM
So.....this turd.. still around, picked up a few parts....bought a house last year. But just got around to finishing the garage....ei.... Just studs and a single light to more outlets, natural gas heater, 80gallon compressor, cable and Ethernet, ceiling fan, insulation, drywall...mancave/welding/fab place.

The intake manifold is a carb'd version of the M1 for a Magnum small block, they stopped making them a while ago and are impossible to find new....so machining the carb version for fuel injectors is the way to go. Also got a NIB Mopar performance 4150 flanged 4 barrel TB on offer up for dirt cheap. Ms3Pro showed up from my buddies shop in Texas.... If you like turbo Hyabussa's Boosted Cycle Performance on Facebook is worth checking out.

And I just got ls truck ignition coils and fuel injectors. I plan on de capping them and sending them out to get cleaned and flowed. Also will be going to a walbro 450 pump.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search