Trailer got an update! - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Trailer got an update!
Saturday, January 25, 2014 5:32 PM
Installed my hoist!

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.

Re: Trailer got an update!
Saturday, January 25, 2014 6:20 PM
Looks like a nice little setup. What do you primarily use the trailer for?

Saturday, January 25, 2014 6:44 PM
Hauling heavy machinery. Such as engines, transmissions, 2,000lbs of mulch lol. The floor is indestructible. It's 1/4 aluminum signs. The toolbox was $100, hoist was $100. Bought the trailer from my neighbor with a rotted floor for $30. Got new tires, led lights, jack and spare tire holder for $100 at harbor freight. The sides are actually a boat roof cut in half. Ot serves it's purpose. Made at least 100 trips to the junkyard with it, just got tired of lifting or rolling engines into it.

Saturday, January 25, 2014 10:07 PM
I am looking for a way to make the boom on the hoist retractable. I am trying to find some kind of cylinder ( prefer air) that when it is fully extended and pointed up I can let air out slowly so it retracts while having stuff on it. Air would be easy since once the valve is open I can just pull the boom back out. I though about a hydraulic ram but then I have to pump it to extend it. I tried keeping the boom level and pulling the pin and winching it in but then the boom slams in and everything falls.

Monday, January 27, 2014 6:26 AM
I like it.

Saturday, January 03, 2015 7:38 PM
Got a 2500lb wireless winch and added it to my hoist. It's awesome now!

Sunday, January 04, 2015 7:57 AM
Nice little upgrade. You have a lot of clips on youtube of the cavi. Started following you to see what progress is made since jbo is dead. I'm random white guy.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search