My tow rig project- old school style - Page 11 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: My tow rig project- old school style
Thursday, March 11, 2010 3:45 AM
Well Rob, that sure is bright.
I love it, great job.

The Z sat outside in snow all winter? Sheesh, shoulda left it my place, there was almost no snow here and I coulda put some "test and tune" miles on it! lol

Thursday, March 11, 2010 4:35 AM
gtpsunfire wrote:Well Rob, that sure is bright.
I love it, great job.

The Z sat outside in snow all winter? Sheesh, shoulda left it my place, there was almost no snow here and I coulda put some "test and tune" miles on it! lol

Its not as bright as it shows up (on my screen at least)
Yes the Z sat outside, no room in the shop with pieces of multiple trucks scattered everywhere.

_

Now with northstar V8, IRS, 20's n 22's
Thursday, March 11, 2010 5:26 AM
we need to get you a car cover. that thing doesnt deserve to be snowed on.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, March 11, 2010 5:50 AM
Hey, can we get some pix of the machined wheels? I'm curious as to how they came out. Thanks man. Lookin good!

Thursday, March 11, 2010 2:27 PM
sndsgood wrote:we need to get you a car cover. that thing doesnt deserve to be snowed on.

I have a cover for it, but where it is sitting is a wind tunnel so i'm sure it would be worse with a cover than without. Besides snow is just cold rain not like i'm driving it on the salted roads.

RaGiN Z (the fake 05) wrote:Hey, can we get some pix of the machined wheels? I'm curious as to how they came out. Thanks man. Lookin good!

Its just the beads that were machined so they look the same except with a slightly different contour and overall diameter. I will try remember to upload pictures later.

_

Friday, March 12, 2010 6:57 PM
Chock full of awesome......period !!!

2003 Cavalier
Stock 2.2 Liter, 5 speed
" Leave the rice to Uncle Ben's and the wings to KFC..
Go clean or go home. "

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 6:25 AM
Bumping back to first page for more updates

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 10:12 AM
Lookin good. I can't wait to see further progress. Looks like htings are starting to fall into place here soon.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 2:33 PM
unpltd wrote:Bumping back to first page for more updates

Crossing my fingers to be able to give updates soon
It looks like i should have some time to work on it this week. Most of the time will likely be spent on wiring, so there wont be any pics of that. I do hope to get a bit of exterior assembly done as well. If that happens there will be pictures.

_

Thursday, April 01, 2010 4:31 AM
One more picture for now. The colour seems to show more accurately (on my screen at least) than the previous pictures did. I think i am really going to like how this turns out- i always seem to have some doubts as projects are coming together It still needs a lot of reassembling, but it kind of looks like a truck again. I think even just putting the headlights and doors back on as well as building the polished stainless front bumper will make a big difference again.

_

Thursday, April 01, 2010 9:50 AM
Yeah its def. a much more dull yellow.. i actually like the color though. Makes it seem like it should be a stock rig. hahaha but you are good at april fool jokes i see...

Thursday, April 01, 2010 2:43 PM
GTmatters wrote:Yeah its def. a much more dull yellow.. i actually like the color though. Makes it seem like it should be a stock rig. hahaha but you are good at april fool jokes i see...

I was planning all along on a pale yellow- suits the old school theme. Not sure on the april fools joke thing??

_

Thursday, April 01, 2010 2:51 PM
GT is a ginger.

He has no idea either.

Good work man! I want a ride.

Thursday, April 01, 2010 3:10 PM
Put this logo on the doors and it will be complete.

Thursday, April 01, 2010 3:16 PM
i love it

Thursday, April 01, 2010 5:20 PM
That has awesome all over it! Good job!

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Thursday, April 01, 2010 8:34 PM
I'm telling you man, you gotta post this over on minitruckin.ca Those guys would love this build. Or if your willing, theres a cruise meet and greet BBQ this summer near hamilton. If this thing showed up I think people would literally @!#$ themselves.
Friday, April 02, 2010 9:48 AM
its starting to get there. the funny thing, is your towing truck will be able to win allot more awards at car shows then a good majority of cars i wind up judging lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, April 02, 2010 9:48 AM

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, April 02, 2010 12:21 PM
Artsar wrote:I'm telling you man, you gotta post this over on minitruckin.ca Those guys would love this build. Or if your willing, theres a cruise meet and greet BBQ this summer near hamilton. If this thing showed up I think people would literally @!#$ themselves.

I willl likely try to get out to more local events this year- but then again i say that every year I guess thats close enough i shouldnt have an excuse.

Quiklilcav wrote:Put this logo on the doors and it will be complete.

My brother was trying to talk me into something similar. I think i will drive it first for a bit and try photoshop a logo onto the doors to see if i like it later.

sndsgood wrote:its starting to get there. the funny thing, is your towing truck will be able to win allot more awards at car shows then a good majority of cars i wind up judging lol.

Thanks. Although it will be my daily (fingers crossed) so the wear and tear will show up soon enough i'm sure.

_

Friday, April 02, 2010 1:39 PM
i think schwann's would be a better fit for the truck and the color than chiquita.

Friday, April 02, 2010 1:54 PM
^^ Nah, that's off white (which I thought this truck was going to look more like), but the actual paint color is pretty much banana yellow.

Saturday, April 03, 2010 6:55 AM
subscribed

Saturday, April 03, 2010 9:47 PM
Freakin' Awesome!!!! Can't wait to see this finished!!
and the Schwans logo font would fit the old school style of the truck.

Tuesday, April 06, 2010 1:15 PM
Good job, cant wait to see it finished!

Wednesday, April 07, 2010 11:14 AM
Mike wrote:GT is a ginger.

He has no idea either.

Good work man! I want a ride.

I just noticed this you racist... lmfao...

And i demand further information on progress! lmfao

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search