My 95 Dakota Sport to MY "R/T" build thread - Page 3 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: My 95 Dakota Sport to MY
Tuesday, July 24, 2012 4:55 AM
Loving this build, I need to check the other cars forum more often.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 6:42 PM
Thanks, come winter funds permitting I plan on starting a shaker hood project, or hidden hitch behind my rollpan and airbags in the back for towing.

Thursday, August 16, 2012 5:04 AM
I just don't seem to have any good luck with my cav or the dakota as of late. The Cavi has a lean issue at anything over2500rpm's and no codes are being thrown and fuel pressure is spot on and the o2 sensor is new....so until I could work on it, I've been driving the Dakota as my dd for the last 4 days and on the way to work 2 days ago, I thought I heard the locker engage like normal but the "click" was louder than normal....no biggie 2 minutes later at work I park the truck and coolant is dripping from the front end, Great. I popped the hood to find that the mounting tab for the radiator broke and the "click" noise was the clutch fan making contact with the endtank of the radiator spliting it and causing a leak. So I picked up a new radiator and the trans line fittings don't work on it because it's missing plastic clips, and they discontinued the 5 blade fan fan for the truck so I'm picking up an electric fan and relay for the new rad. At this point if they don't have the trans clips I'll be installing my trans cooler as well....I'm done ranting for now haha. 20 minutes until the parts store opens.....

Thursday, August 16, 2012 8:01 PM
man i hate those times and they make it so don't want to work on vehicles at all. but after everything is back inline, i alway feel better.

Thursday, August 16, 2012 8:07 PM
^ exactly, I plan on beating the crap out of the truck once it's running again and the cav is back to dd so I can find any other issues on the truck prior to winter.

Monday, September 03, 2012 6:05 PM
I forgot to post pics of the new fan/rad setup after puttng it in. After two weeks of driving everything has been running perfect. The wires you see on the left are coiled up harness for the relay and thremo switch probe. I kept everything long while I find. Better place to hide everything. Also I'd like to add that the imperial brand fans tha Advance Atuoparts sells is made by flexlite as that's where the warentee card is sent to and labled.

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 1:20 PM
Very cool!

Saturday, September 08, 2012 2:00 PM
Got a pigtail for the blower motor today, soldered it in and replaced the resistor board. I'm ready for winter as I kno hve heat again Woot. That is all.

Thursday, September 20, 2012 4:17 PM
Got bored and took time to disassemble the factory corner's and parking lights, yay or nay?

Friday, September 21, 2012 11:15 PM
I think the black housing looks pretty good.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Friday, September 28, 2012 9:26 PM
Thanks- I ended up ordering some hid's off egay since light output blows at night. Until I can get some crystal clear lenses made.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 7:44 AM
Last week I toasted the old tires out back so I had to get new rear tires and replace a melted plug wire with 8.5mm superconductor MSD wires. Truck needs a rear window before winter and front tires will be going on the back to be melted before winter, pics to come of roasting before I get replacements.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 11:13 AM
I got bored after work and decided to play wit some meth

Then installed a new intake setup and rerouted some plugwires. Eventually new valve covers, other dressup items and some wire tucking will happen. Till now it remains dirty.

Monday, May 20, 2013 8:50 PM
well the truck is missing all the front suspension parts for poly bushing install, and new ball joints, bearings, rotors, calipers,and pads.

Broke this bastard as well on the 1st ball joint. I had a well abused no name fork that I thought would crap out soon so I picked up a cheapy Harbor Freight as a back up and tested it out.....what a waste of 6.99 haha.

Also I'm selling the headers and Y pipe I tig'd up for this truck as I got new in box old stock Mopar Performance / doug thorley headers off ebay for a steal a few weeks back as a b day gift to myself. Plus this truck had them on there when by buddy's grandpa purchased the truck over 10 years ago. so I thought it was fitting it get another set, plus they are hard as hell to find.

Old-kinda under a year.

New

Sunday, June 09, 2013 9:40 AM
started putting it back together.

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 2:43 PM
Not much of an update since I've been working 60+ hours a week at my new job since the end of April. the front suspension is completely back on the truck.

My temporary forward momentum interruption solenoid came in the mail today alone with stainless braided brake line hose for the front of the truck, and my 2.5 and 3.0 exhaust welding clamps.

Sunday, August 25, 2013 10:04 AM
Had a good friend and his brother make me a glass bolt on hood and now we need to make an air box to work with my shaker.

Friday, March 21, 2014 4:48 PM
Since the snow melted I pulled the Dakota into the garage and started working on the shaker box for the hood. I got the glass hood installed and once the box is complete I will be cutting a hole for the scoop to come through.

I found one of the 2 bent rods from the original motor while cleaning the garage prior to pulling the truck in.

Also got the New Mopar/Thorley headers installed and stage8 locking header bolts as well.

And suspension re assembly prior to winter.

Friday, March 21, 2014 10:15 PM
Nice shiny new parts are always cherry.With the weather being all screwy even here I finally got my old 85 out for it's safety inspection after fixing some fuel pump/sending unit problems.At least it is now spring lets hope it pushes the winter away quick.

Saturday, March 22, 2014 12:17 PM
awesome build!

my rents have a 97 ss/t with the 5.9. it's a fun truck in stock form. I can only imagine how much fun your dakota must be.

Saturday, March 22, 2014 6:36 PM
Ron- We don't have inspections here in IL. just obd2 scan and if it is pre 95, no emmisions

Strat-Thanks, how is the sst holding up over the years? I remember seeing them as a kid in jr. high but haven't seen one in forever. The little truck has always been a burnout machine, and it hauls some dirt from time to time.

Saturday, March 22, 2014 6:43 PM
Had some tranny issues a little while back (my dad used it to haul his 21' bass boat) but other than that it is in great shape. It's been garage kept since they've owned it.

Sunday, March 23, 2014 5:59 AM
Wow that is a clean SS/T , on the trans subject I'd bet you have an 46re in it and I have the 46rh. Basically his is electronically controlled and mine is hydraulic but in my factory service manual they state the trans front and rear bands need to be adjusted every 10k miles. It wouldn't surprise me if it was the same for the 46re.

Sunday, March 23, 2014 3:42 PM
i believe you are right. I'm not sure that they had the bands adjusted but I do know when the trans went out they had it rebuilt.

I've "inherited" it after my father passed away this past October. I do want to do a few things to it... (roll pan, hide a hitch, drop, and maybe a mild engine build) but that's a bit down the road.

Sunday, March 23, 2014 9:04 PM
Hey its obd2 so you should be able to tune with sct. Im stuck with mopar performance pcm and matching cam and headers. Otherwise its standalone. They don't make crazy power but they did make 2.2 kenne bell kits for the 5.2 and 5.9 magnums. You can find complete kits for 1200 to 2500 depending on add ons and whatnot..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search