knocking while accelerating - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
knocking while accelerating
Thursday, September 28, 2017 6:32 AM
hello all,
so i ran into a big issue today.i have a 2008 Honda civic. i was out of the country for a year and my sister has neglected the entire time. not one oil change or any preventative maint was done. it was parked for a month without being started once. today i took a look at it and there was no engine oil at all and evidence of sludge. transmision seems off as well with some hesitation and jolts when rpm gets high when gearing up. anyways i took the car for a drive and while driving first thing i noticed was a very obvious knocking sound coming from the engine when i accelerate. it doesnt always happen but first gear it does alot and 3rd gear when rpm is high. mid drive the car turned off. there was still power to the car but it would not turn over. i ended up replacing the battery doing an oil change and complete tune up. however the engine is still knocking pretty badly as well as some obvious jolting when idling in neutral. if anyone could possibly help me out and give me some sort of idea what may be causing this i will be thankful cheers.

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:
http://www.carforum.net/engines/14236-knocking-while-accelerating.html

advertisement examples

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search