Toyota Recall - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Toyota Recall
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 11:40 PM
Sorry guys, I'm falling behind. Anyways, another foreign recall that isn't nearly getting the amount of media attention as a typical domestic recall. *sigh* But who needs a parking break right? They're worthless </sarcasm>

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=7638505

Re: Toyota Recall
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 11:41 PM
Brake, not break!! Wow, I'm tired.......

Thursday, February 17, 2005 3:13 AM
lord.

you do realize that people who own the vehicle don't need to have it plastered on the news, as they get info in the mail for it...

my Dawgy's the bestest
Thursday, February 17, 2005 9:03 AM
^^^^Missed the point.

Every domestic recall I have come across in the past 2 months made the home page of Yahoo! news, as well as CNN. I have yet to see one foreign recall make the front page of Yahoo or CNN. Bad timing on my part? Maybe, who knows.

Thursday, February 17, 2005 9:13 AM
Well, it only "reduces the efectiveness" of the brake. Its not like the gas gauge reads more fuel in the tank than there really is, causing the driver to lose all power when they run out of gas on a busy highway going 75mph....</sarcasm>

CarDomain
Thursday, February 17, 2005 9:17 AM
chris wrote:Well, it only "reduces the efectiveness" of the brake. Its not like the gas gauge reads more fuel in the tank than there really is, causing the driver to lose all power when they run out of gas on a busy highway going 75mph....

And how many accidents/injuries can you find as a direct result of that problem? A recall is only issued if someone has been injured from it already, and the NHTSA investigates the issue and finds the problem to have happened on more than one car.

And you shouldn't be driving 75 mph on the freeway anyways, especially if it is busy. Speed limit is 65 mph in most areas, and sometimes 70 mph. But you should not be driving that during rush hour traffic.

Thursday, February 17, 2005 9:35 AM
RoNuS20, your a dumbas$ hick. Do you get off to imports that have a recall? are you that jealous that once and a blue moon a import has a recall? face it, GM is unreliable and has a recall each week. face it, your base model cavalier is nothing more than a rattle box. are you really that upset that you made a bad purchase when you bought the cavalier and now you wish you had an import. ??? whats the deal?
Thursday, February 17, 2005 9:56 AM
Who puts the ebrake up with the auto transmission in gear? thats what the "P" is for, to keep the truck from rolling. Unless u have a manual transmission parking brakes ARE pretty much worthless in my opinion

CarDomain
Thursday, February 17, 2005 11:27 AM
Gatorade - i think you hit the nail on the head. imports, specifically Japanese imports, have significantly lower recall amounts. why? because generally the cars are out in Japan for awhile, and they get all the bugs out over there...so when they get here with whatever "new" technology, they're fairly bugless. deal with it...this is why Toyota's one of the top car sellers around the world.

Chris - nowadays, i agree...however, i can still remember my mom almost getting run over by our 89 Camry that she'd put in Park, but left the ebrake off...and it started rolling down our driveway. talk about scary. ever since i started driving, i use my ebrake out of habit...because of that experience.

my Dawgy's the bestest
Thursday, February 17, 2005 11:44 AM
scrufrider wrote:Chris - nowadays, i agree...however, i can still remember my mom almost getting run over by our 89 Camry that she'd put in Park, but left the ebrake off...and it started rolling down our driveway. talk about scary. ever since i started driving, i use my ebrake out of habit...because of that experience.

POS Toyota's!

Seriously, thats a bad experience, sorry to hear about that.

The reason why its not getting much attention is becuase its only 22,000 or so. Usually recalls with media attention reach 100,000 or so. Toyota is just basically covering there azz with this one, from what i heard in the story no one was hurt by the loose nut yet.

CarDomain
Thursday, February 17, 2005 12:18 PM
Gatorade wrote:RoNuS20, your a dumbas$ hick. Do you get off to imports that have a recall? are you that jealous that once and a blue moon a import has a recall? face it, GM is unreliable and has a recall each week. face it, your base model cavalier is nothing more than a rattle box. are you really that upset that you made a bad purchase when you bought the cavalier and now you wish you had an import. ??? whats the deal?

You must get a huge boner by fighting over the internet eh!? More power to ya! Oh, and it's an LS, not the base, sucka!

Anyways, back to the intelligent people, so I'm guessing it's bad timing for me.....but don't worry, I'll keep posting every recall that I come across, and I'll keep throwing in my 2 cents. But just for the record, I always pull up on the e-brake even if I'm on level ground in my automatic, I don't like the feel of the few inches until the car rolls and hit's the pin in the transmission, doesn't sound healthy. *shrugs*

Thursday, February 17, 2005 4:12 PM
RoNuS20 wrote:And you shouldn't be driving 75 mph on the freeway anyways, especially if it is busy. Speed limit is 65 mph in most areas, and sometimes 70 mph. But you should not be driving that during rush hour traffic.
We have 75mph here in Nebraska.

Thursday, February 17, 2005 10:32 PM
I used to work for one of the big three. It seems to me that this company is constantly trying to improve thier products. The media constantly blows them way out of proportion. I have heard of a recall hitting the five o'clock news, when actually it boiled down to finding only 3,000 cars being affected. Now if they can build 300 cars a day, thats only 10 days of work, not the whole year or generation as the media is trying to get you to think.
Friday, February 18, 2005 12:00 AM
scrufrider wrote:Gatorade - i think you hit the nail on the head. imports, specifically Japanese imports, have significantly lower recall amounts. why? because generally the cars are out in Japan for awhile, and they get all the bugs out over there...so when they get here with whatever "new" technology, they're fairly bugless. deal with it...this is why Toyota's one of the top car sellers around the world.

Chris - nowadays, i agree...however, i can still remember my mom almost getting run over by our 89 Camry that she'd put in Park, but left the ebrake off...and it started rolling down our driveway. talk about scary. ever since i started driving, i use my ebrake out of habit...because of that experience.

and gm is not one of the top car sellers in the worls???
oooo wait it is the top seller in the world

Friday, February 18, 2005 3:51 AM
true. but it's american...and has horrible records when it comes to recalls.

Toyota...doesn't.

my Dawgy's the bestest
Friday, February 18, 2005 10:54 AM
as far as you know
go to japan and see if they dont have recalls

Friday, February 18, 2005 11:14 AM
my god they recalled around 22000 tacomas
to tighten a nut or replace the nut
cuz it will reduce the effectiveness of a parking brake
certainly different than a brake recall that effects MANY more trucks

Friday, February 18, 2005 12:09 PM
sappyL61 wrote:as far as you know
go to japan and see if they dont have recalls

do you really have that much of a hardon for Chevrolet that you absolutely can't stand it when a different company has a better repair record overall?

my Dawgy's the bestest
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search