Almost bought a Cavalier - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Almost bought a Cavalier
Thursday, February 17, 2005 10:07 PM
I stopped by my local Chevrolet dealer last weekend and they had two new Cavaliers left. Both were new LS coupes; one was arrival blue metallic and the other was rally yellow, and both had similar options -- although the blue one had aluminum wheels and the yellow one had a sunroof. I wasn't interested in the yellow one, but I was definitely interested in the blue one. So I applied for the loan online and got approved, but as time went on, I realized that I could spend a little more and get a Cobalt. There were advantages to both, but when it came down to crunching the numbers, the Cobalt was cheaper to own (in terms of payment + insurance) than the Cavalier, in spite of the Cavalier's much lower price tag -- my insurer quoted me a rate of over $1,200/6 mo. for the Cavalier LS coupe, as opposed to just over $900/6 mo. for the Cobalt LS sedan. For that and other reasons, I picked the Cobalt (white LS 1SA sedan). I think it would be cool to own both of them, and it would have been nice to own one of the last Cavaliers -- the Cavalier was introduced in my birth year, 1982 -- but I think I'll be happier with the Cobalt in the long run. Here is a photo:

Re: Almost bought a Cavalier
Thursday, February 17, 2005 10:13 PM
Shoul've waited for the coupe to come out. Unless you wanted a sedan.

How does the Cobalt drive?

]
Thursday, February 17, 2005 10:23 PM
I wanted the sedan I'd owned five cars prior to the Cobalt and they were all sedans, although I was willing to try the coupe in the case of the Cavalier.

The Cobalt drives very nicely; I'd say better than the rental '03-'05 Cavaliers I've driven since late December.
Friday, February 18, 2005 8:33 AM
the coupe is out....

-Adam

Friday, February 18, 2005 6:05 PM
GaRsNoW wrote:the coupe is out....
not everywhere...

]
Friday, February 18, 2005 6:22 PM
I was lovin' the Cobalt SS coupe at the Auto Show Leather, manual, oooh so nice. But then, what new car isn't nice compared to a 2000 Cav LS Sedan w/ 2200, auto, manual windows/mirrors, cloth, etc... Even *gasp* SRT-4 is better, heh

Saturday, February 19, 2005 3:43 PM
i sat in a base coupe today....it was ok, if it was a manual i would of taken it out for a ride but the guy told me he wont have ss s/c coupes on the lot until about may

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search