Help !!! - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help !!!
Sunday, February 20, 2005 8:01 PM
Ok ive got a situation on my hands here i was hoping you all could help me out. Ok so ive got an auto fiero, i want a fiero as my platform for a real nice daily driver/ sort of a show car. But 2 things its auto and it might have a rust problem. At the moment i want to do a S/C v6 3800, wide body, and a 97 firebird interior. Should i do it to this one or should i buy a stick one and then start doing it to it? Or for you j fans pretend i just asked the same question but insert cav instead of fiero. thanks

Im in the everybody club are you?

Re: Help !!!
Sunday, February 20, 2005 8:15 PM
ok this is my 2 cents...i don't like the 84fiero..but i love the 86-88 gt..u know the one thats like a fast back almost...well if i were u..it sell yours and try to find one of those years with a manual tranny..i can't have my car auto.like once u get a manual one ..it grows on you..for the engine3800sc are a good swap for the fieros..alot guys have them and are VERY HAPPY..the manual conversion of that engine needs some custom stuff..but if your talking about all this stuff..u must have some money to spend..as for the interior,i kinda like the fiero interior..like the shifter sits high on the console..well i like it..if u can find some leather seats from a firebird then go for it
Monday, February 21, 2005 9:33 AM
Thanks for your response!. I hate hate hate the fastbacks. not my style so im thinking if i get another its gonna be an 86-88 SE Or a Gt With the notchback conversion. I can sell the fast back conversion for a decent amount of money. about 500- 600. Or even trade it for a notchback + some money for me. Anyways I wouldnt change the seats to firebird seats i would change the dash gauges center counsel and the door panels. Id get some leather seat covers from mr mikes. which are really nice. or get some racing seats. For the engine conversion itd be the 3800 S/C for sure. All ive ever heard is good things from people who have swapped it in their fieros.Im aready thinking pulley upgrade. I reallly want a manual thats my main reason for thinking i should just get another thats aready a manual trans. Save time and money. Plus this is my first car so i guess its semi ok that its a auto. lol. I dont have cash flowing outta my @$$ but i have some money to work with. And a couple of friends thatd be willing to help me out on everything. Im gonna try and do all the work my self with friends and not take it to a car place. Its cheaper and itd make me feel more proud of my car. So yea like i said im leaning more into buying another one and selling this one.

Monday, February 21, 2005 11:09 AM
correct me if im wrong, but i dont think there is a manual 3800 sc, so getting a stick fiero would be pointless.

Monday, February 21, 2005 12:36 PM
buy that 400hp engine and detune it for daily driving

Monday, February 21, 2005 4:43 PM
lol yea thatd be nice

the marin8er i dont think that is true but ima research

Monday, February 21, 2005 5:31 PM
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search