New SUV help - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New SUV help
Monday, February 21, 2005 10:34 AM
Well me and my wife reccently bought a 2000 Ford Explorer XLT. Its fully loaded, every option leather interrior AWD 5.0 V8. I hate ford with a passion and have never really liked the explorers. But it was a 2k and only had 36,000miles on it and my wife loved it. It was mainly for her since I didn't even want an SUV. So we bought it and probably paid a little too much for it. We've had it for a few months and my wife goes down to Indiana to visit her family (were in Louisiana right now) what happens....the freaking transmission goes out. Yea Ford blows big time. Well the people at the dealership we got it at in Indiana are real cool specially since because of us they have gotten sales on 4 brand new vehicles and our used explorer. So they said bring the Explorer in and they will give us a different vehicle for the same exact payments. This time it would be a better deal as far as we pay the same amount but a better vehicle (about 18grand after the loan is paid off).

So here is our options. A 2000 GMC Denali black fully loaded, factory TV's and DVD players, on-star 22" Chrom Giviani rims with low pro tires. Bose sound system. I'm unsure on the mile I have to ask my wife about that.

Other option is an 05 V6 4wd Nissan Pathfinder with 14 miles on it. This has almost no options. Just the basic PW/PDL and cruise. Also has a CD player. Now the Denali is way nicer but having an 05 were going to have less problems and even if we do we have a warranty to back it up so we dont run into the same problem again. Both have really good re-sale and I've heard good about both of them.

I dont like to buy vehicles brand new because the value depreciates so fast. But there is only 2 vehicles I would buy brand new...maybe 3. Honda, Nissan and maybe a Toyota (llike a 4runner or something) because even for us big GM fans admit it a Honda or Nissan will outlast a chevy anyday.

Sorry for the long post but I just want to hear your opinions. I know its my decision but when you ask for an opinion something always comes up you didn't think of. Or you hear something good or bad about one of the vehicles and it really helps. So thanks in advance.

Re: New SUV help
Monday, February 21, 2005 11:05 AM
well you got unlucky with the tranny on the explorer, ill tell you that. It was prolly abused by the previous owner

BUT anywho, 2000 was the first year of the denali, so take that as you want. Its probably nicer in and out than the pathfinder and comes with a nice v8 etc. BUT the pathfinder is new, has a v6 (better gas mileage, or at least id think). Personally id go with the newer model.

Monday, February 21, 2005 1:48 PM
pathfinder all the way. who wants a overpriced tahoe.
Monday, February 21, 2005 1:48 PM
as if the tahoe's not overpriced already.
Monday, February 21, 2005 3:02 PM
Pathfinder, without a doubt. You won't regrett it.

-John

Monday, February 21, 2005 3:27 PM
forgot to mention that the pathfinder has more hp that the denali as well

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 11:55 PM
Pathfinder. Not only will you not have free car repairs for awhile, you will not max out your gas card each month either.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search