Mazda 3 Motors - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Mazda 3 Motors
Friday, February 25, 2005 10:57 AM
Ok, some more polls...hehe. The base Mazda 3 has the same motor as the Protege LX; a 2.0 litre 4 cyl. The GT has (I think) the same motor as the base 6; a 2.3 litre 4. Any ideas of which motor is better for tuning and reliability?

I'm thinking the GT becuase the options are better, and for the $400 difference (once you get the options I'm looking at) I might as well have a little more horsepower.

Let me know what you think....

My cardomain site
Basstrombone

Re: Mazda 3 Motors
Friday, February 25, 2005 11:04 AM
the 2.3 is the same as ford's 2.3L Duratec, in the focus. I would go with the bigger engine for 400$, (although i don't see how that is ). If you jut want reliability/ fuel economy go with the 2.0L, because i imagine that the newer engine may have some small bugs to be worked out. But the 2.3L is a good engine form what i hear, and will handle more power if you want to throw some FI at it.

www.drluc.ca
Friday, February 25, 2005 11:28 AM
also the 2.3 is what the new mazdaspeed 6 is running. turbo around 270 hp if i remember right

the 2.3 is an awesome motor

/:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::/:::J-BODY FEVER II VIDEO:::/
Friday, February 25, 2005 12:17 PM
Is the 2.3 a ford engine, or a mazda engine?

My cardomain site
Basstrombone
Friday, February 25, 2005 12:54 PM
its a mazda engine, pony up the money for the better engine, i did and i dont regret it at all.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, February 25, 2005 1:07 PM
my mom has a mazda 3 GT with the 2.3l in it and its a good motor it goes good.

Friday, February 25, 2005 3:48 PM
The 2.0L is a derivitive of the 2.3L. Both from Mazda. I had the 2.0L in a 2005 Focus rental car last year. It was o.k. One thing I notice that at 8K miles the tail pipe was clean with no sign of soot. But by all mean go for the 2.3L. You will not regret it one bit!

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Monday, February 28, 2005 7:35 PM
I have a Mazda 6 with the 2.3. It is mostly driven by my wife. If you rev it up good it accually is a quick car. The 6 is a mid sized sedan so in a 3 I would imagine it would be a quick little car. Mine is a 03 and I have had no problems with it, my only beef is buying oil filters for it. I can only get them from the dealer since i last changed it (all highway car) but they maybe availble after market now.

1979 Impala Sport Coupe Aeroback
Monday, February 28, 2005 9:05 PM
Anyone have a link for a Mazda 3 board?

thanx

My cardomain site
Basstrombone
Monday, February 28, 2005 10:45 PM
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search