srt-4 owners are losers..well this guy was - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
srt-4 owners are losers..well this guy was
Monday, February 28, 2005 8:59 AM
ok this is my story..i was pumping gas and this blue srt-4 came in the gas station all fast ..like turbos going in all..scretching tires when he braked ..also on the side of his car he had a sticker that said..CLUBSRT-4QUEBEC..so he gets out and hes about 25-26 yrs old..so i go hey man ..nice car...looks at me pumping gas in my dads buick..and he gave me this dirty look and just waled inside the gas station...like WTF man..it was just a compliment...he could of said Thanks man,,or something..just because his car 1/4miles in under 14..doesnt mean he has to be a dick about it...anyways thats my story

Re: srt-4 owners are losers..well this guy was
Monday, February 28, 2005 9:07 AM
I think everyone here can relate to you in one way about people like that. Their ego is a tad too big.

Have a good one,
Justin

Monday, February 28, 2005 9:11 AM
It doesn't matter what they drive , some people are just fu@k heads .

My TURBO Z-24 page..My SRT-4 page..
14.42@100.45 on 5 PSI-12.33@120.84 on 24 PSI
Monday, February 28, 2005 9:19 AM
He's just upset his turbo isnt as big as his ego , so dont even worry about it .

Monday, February 28, 2005 9:59 AM
speaking of srt-4s i pulled about a grayhound bus and a half on one the other day from 50-108 and he had a stage 1 mopar upgrade.
Monday, February 28, 2005 10:07 AM
i love running into those guys with the stang. they read all these kill stories on the internet about beating stangs etc...........so they think they can too. i tend to prove them wrong
Monday, February 28, 2005 12:54 PM
well they can get alot more power alot easier than you can and for less money. not counting nos.
Monday, February 28, 2005 12:58 PM
stock for stock its a drivers race with the srt usually trapping higher. puting about the same power down if not more than a stock gt. in a car thats 300-400 lbs lighter. and costs less from the start. i'd say the srt is a better bang for the buck, even though i hate dodge. 4.6's are known for massive oil cunsumption.
Monday, February 28, 2005 12:58 PM
blah stage 1 is pathetic...

better grab a Cobalt for less and spend 5000$ on it with all the upgrades and have a better car then the SRT-4. At least it wont be a freaking Neon

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My Car Specs
Club J-Body Montreal Forums
Monday, February 28, 2005 12:59 PM
the only advantage the stang has is rwd.
Monday, February 28, 2005 1:22 PM
Yamaha Suzuki wrote:the only advantage the stang has is rwd.

which is a large adavantage, and dont forgot the stang has a hell of alot of torque over the srt4

one kid at auto school has one, god i hate that kid, all he talks about is his @!#$ car, like cmon, i love my car and everything and i would tell people about if they asked, but man we dont want to know about every shift you took in the @!#$ thing.

i cant wait to stomp some srt4s come spring.

-Borsty

Monday, February 28, 2005 3:36 PM
I never understood why some people are like that. What's the point of buying a nice looking fast car when your just gonna give a "dirty" look when people give you compliments?

Monday, February 28, 2005 4:02 PM
Yamaha Suzuki wrote:stock for stock its a drivers race with the srt usually trapping higher. puting about the same power down if not more than a stock gt. in a car thats 300-400 lbs lighter. and costs less from the start. i'd say the srt is a better bang for the buck, even though i hate dodge. 4.6's are known for massive oil cunsumption.

i ain't stock, far from. & oil consumption isn't a problem with the 4.6 motors. dunno where you read that on the internet, cause it isn't true
Monday, February 28, 2005 6:35 PM
elpaso wrote:blah stage 1 is pathetic...

better grab a Cobalt for less and spend 5000$ on it with all the upgrades and have a better car then the SRT-4. At least it wont be a freaking Neon

--------------------------------------------------
'97 Z24
Monday, February 28, 2005 6:41 PM
tommyZ24 wrote:ok this is my story..i was pumping gas and this blue srt-4 came in the gas station all fast ..like turbos going in all..scretching tires when he braked ..also on the side of his car he had a sticker that said..CLUBSRT-4QUEBEC..so he gets out and hes about 25-26 yrs old..so i go hey man ..nice car...looks at me pumping gas in my dads buick..and he gave me this dirty look and just waled inside the gas station...like WTF man..it was just a compliment...he could of said Thanks man,,or something..just because his car 1/4miles in under 14..doesnt mean he has to be a dick about it...anyways thats my story

Yeah....the guy doesnt sound too friendly. Its a new car, it has alot of publicity because of what the car has done so far, and unfortunately some ppl let it go to their heads.

I know quite a few SRT-4 guys in Ontario and they're all cool guys to hang out with.

--------------------------------------------------
'97 Z24
Monday, February 28, 2005 8:19 PM
SRT4-Quebec eh? Maybe he doesn't speak english? There are francaphone Quebecois you know.

Otherwise, sure, he's a dick and should have at least acknowledged the compliment.

PAX
Monday, February 28, 2005 8:48 PM
Quote:

this blue srt-4 came in the gas station all fast ..like turbos going in all..

fogive me being being a picky bitch but it only has on turbo

and yes i hate people like that, you know you are badass when you dont accept compliments

you know what the best comment i have ever gotten on my car?
it was from a kid that had to have been about 9 or 10 in front of a blockbuster
he asked me if that was a z24 and i smiled and said yeah it is, in shock, and he said cool man those cars are awesome

NEVER had a better comment, probably never will

Monday, February 28, 2005 9:23 PM
well i live in quebec..my excact words were "nice car man"..so he knew..dick
Monday, February 28, 2005 10:23 PM
on the street ive never had anyone diss my car, and ive never dissed anyone elses car. Maybe becuase michigan is full of car lovers, idk. I always get attention from the muscle heads at the track when i pop my hood while waiting for the street class to race a round.

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 6:23 AM
The best comment I've gotten was from an old woman in Dunkin Donuts, I left my car on while I went inside and she parks next to me and says "Is that your white car out there?" and I say yes it is, and she says it sounds purdy" I laughed and said thank you, i really appreciated that! and went on to say that it was my grandmother's grocery go-getter before I got my hands on it.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 6:35 AM
Quote:

4.6's are known for massive oil cunsumption.
every crown vic i see is blowin blue smoke and most 4.6 mustangs older than 99.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 7:14 AM
Yamaha Suzuki wrote:well they can get alot more power alot easier than you can and for less money. not counting nos.

Yeah c s, what were you thinking, you forgot about the NOS!

-------------------------
Tom
1999 Cavalier Z/24 ATX
1995 Taurus SHO MTX
1999 Chrysler 300M w/PHP

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 7:25 AM
c s wrote:& oil consumption isn't a problem with the 4.6 motors. dunno where you read that on the internet, cause it isn't true

Then why does a freind of mine have to add a quart of oil every other month to his 97 Cougar? Ain't a damn thing wrong with it, he's had it checked out by 2 shops and 1 Lincoln/Mercury dealer and the dealer mechanic even said 4.6's have a higher oil consumption than other v8's in or near it's size.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 1:11 PM
TrueBlue wrote:
Yamaha Suzuki wrote:well they can get alot more power alot easier than you can and for less money. not counting nos.

Yeah c s, what were you thinking, you forgot about the NOS!

hehe, i can't say much about that at the moment though
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 1:22 PM
spikej wrote:
c s wrote:& oil consumption isn't a problem with the 4.6 motors. dunno where you read that on the internet, cause it isn't true

Then why does a freind of mine have to add a quart of oil every other month to his 97 Cougar? Ain't a damn thing wrong with it, he's had it checked out by 2 shops and 1 Lincoln/Mercury dealer and the dealer mechanic even said 4.6's have a higher oil consumption than other v8's in or near it's size.

look at crown vic police cruisers they have the crap beat out of them on a daily basis & most don't smoke. anything can happen, & besides, OLD ENGINES WEAR DOWN. sorry i had to break it to you. i've had 2 of my 4.6 stangs over 100k miles & beat the piss out of them at the track & never, not once, did i have a oil problem.

your friend or the previous owner most likely didn't take good care of it with regualar oil changes or baisic maintenance. i deal with them on a daily basis (i've had mod motored mustangs for the past 6 years), it isn't a huge problem with them. also, i don't believe that dealer comment at all.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search