Nitrous Oxide - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Nitrous Oxide
Monday, February 28, 2005 8:02 PM
im wondering if a zex dry kit would be fine on a 3400 alero? And what problems might occur? thanks in advance

But thats just a Cavalier!?!?!?!

Re: Nitrous Oxide
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 6:02 PM
can any one help me out???

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 6:15 PM
You should be fine. People may tell you to get a wet kit but a basic 55 shot Zex dry kit will work well. Just make sure you have colder stage spark plugs (I used NGK TR-6 for my 2.2 Cavalier with 55 shot Zex dry kit, they are 2 stages colder) and always use 93 octane gas. You shouldn't have a problem but I guess it's just hit or miss. I bought my Zex kit off my friend that blew his 99 Z24 motor the second time he hit it (famous weak #3 rod on the 2.4 motor) and it worked fine on my motor for well over 20 bottle fills. Plus a dry kit is a lot easier to set up than a wet kit (if you planned on installing it yourself).

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 6:17 PM
You are not giving any info. How many miles does the car have? How big of a shot? Do you have any mods? If its larger then a 50shot do you have suffiecient fuel mods. Are you going to retard the timing? There's countless things.

Assuming its a stock engine with around 100k on it. You could run a 50 shot without much problems. Just be sure to use copper plugs (I recomend NGK Tr6's) and be sure they are gapped to the recommended gap (you'll have to look it up or e-mail zex) and be sure to only run on premium. If you dont go spray happy you wont have too many problems.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 8:07 PM
thanks guys BTW its an 03 like 46000 miles so im not too worried but we'll be sure to get the plugs

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 4:35 AM
lol most have posted while I was typing. Heh, we basically said the same thing though so atleast were not confusing him. Yea you should be fine on a motor with 46k on it. Just install. Check everything then go back and re-check everything again. Be sure to use all the safety switches zex has. They can save your but. Read up in the nitrous section. Even though its for another car it'll help with what switches you'll need and when not to spary (like below 3k rpms)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search