Yay or Nay? - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Yay or Nay?
Friday, March 04, 2005 1:30 AM
Just wait until there are used cobalts out there. Would you rather buya LS sport spend around the same for a fully loaded coupe?or a few more grand and get a ss/sc coupe? The point is that the cobalt is much better then the car is replaces. Most of us here bought our cars used so of course we got a good deal on a used econo car. Wait till GM offers incentives like it does on all its cars and the SS/SC is around 20K.

2006 Cobalt SS 2.4L 9.6 @74mph 1/8th mile w/2.28 60ft

Friday, March 04, 2005 4:19 AM
jkhd03cav - It might be a neon but it will still blow the doors of the SS anyday and with the upgrades that are out there the SS wont even come close to matching the SRT-4. Plus it a few thousand cheaper. Oh and you havent noticed the SS is just a cobalt with a superchared just like the SRT-4 is a neon with a turbo.

2003 Chevy Cavalier LS 4-Door
http://www.cardomain.com/id/xdecepticonx
Friday, March 04, 2005 6:47 AM
I got a chance to hop in the SS/SC at the local Auto Show, with jehannum. We both agree that inside the top Cobalt model is a far better and more substantial interior than the top Cavalier (Z/24.) Obviously, it should be. Factory Recaros no less, very nice fit!

I think GM did right nice by throwing themselves squarely into the compact sport market and giving people a creditable alternative to factory hotrods like Si Civics and the SRT-4. I just think they should have joined the party 4 years ago instead of now. $25k buys a lot of toys, a GT Mustang is only a grand or two off the SS/SC's MSRP. But in the Snow belt, a sporty FWD car makes sense as a daily driver.

All-in-all, I think GM's got a winner on their hands, as long as they can keep the quality we saw up.

-------------------------
Tom
1999 Cavalier Z/24 ATX
1995 Taurus SHO MTX
1999 Chrysler 300M w/PHP

Friday, March 04, 2005 8:08 AM
xautobotx wrote:jkhd03cav - It might be a neon but it will still blow the doors of the SS anyday and with the upgrades that are out there the SS wont even come close to matching the SRT-4. Plus it a few thousand cheaper. Oh and you havent noticed the SS is just a cobalt with a superchared just like the SRT-4 is a neon with a turbo.

Actually the Cobalt SS has other features that the regular Cobalts don' t have. If you have ever sat in a Neon SRT-4 you'll see that they did hardly anything to spice up the interior at all. The made the gauges white, put racing seats in it, and that's about it. In my eyes the few more thousand you spend on a Cobalt SS, that gives you heated leather seats, 18 inch wheels, power sliding sunroof, MP3 Cdplayer, Power windows, power locks, and a limited slip is worth it.

If GM would have taken the Cavalier and put a turbo on it, everyone would be saying it's still just a Cavalier. But for some reason it's different because it's a Neon. Does anyone remember the reliabilty issues of the Neon's??? Just because it's faster doesn't make it a nicer car. It handles like a pickup truck, and i'm not expecting them to be a very reliable vehicle.

They look cool and they're fast, that's the only thing the SRT-4 has. It's not ergonomical, it's not comfortable, and i doubt it will be reliable.

Friday, March 04, 2005 8:23 AM
Quote:

Quit comparing the Cobalt to cars out of it's league, and you'll see that Chevy did an incredible job bringing themselves into the sport compact car market.

but ford has made a begger impression and attracts the younger generation way better than chevy.

dan

From the cats that brought you Cadyblack, Blackdraft and Black Kramer vs Kramer comes a funky flick so bad you gonna say, "Damn that's funky". Rufus Griffin stars in ... Black 2 the Future.
Friday, March 04, 2005 4:50 PM
dubduce18s wrote:
Quote:

Quit comparing the Cobalt to cars out of it's league, and you'll see that Chevy did an incredible job bringing themselves into the sport compact car market.

but ford has made a begger impression and attracts the younger generation way better than chevy.

dan

Dan, I disagree. I do like the new Mustang, but the Mustang is not aimed at the younger generation. That mustang is aimed at a middle aged male, between 40-60. Men old enough to remember when Mustangs looked like that. And as far as the Focus, I do think that the Focus is more popular among the tuner crowd than the Cavalier, but it's still not a significant portion of the market. And I think you'll see the Cobalt become more popular than the Focus.

Friday, March 04, 2005 9:12 PM
Quote:

The only way you can speak badly of a Cobalt is when you start comparing it cars that aren't in its class, like the WRX, and the EVO. Cars that cost thousands more, and the only benefit you have is AWD, which is not always a benefit.
last i seen a base wrx wagon is around 23k which is 2k less than the sticker on a cobalt ss/sc
Friday, March 04, 2005 9:18 PM
and its a real sports car with real potential not some U.S F&F wannabe import. the cobalt would look ok without those huge heavy ass lookin wheels and get rid of the hideous wing. and the RL's wing and gauges totally kill that car also. is gm thinking?
Saturday, March 05, 2005 8:49 AM
there gonna come down on the price of this car alot, like GM does with most of its cars.....i test drove a silver ion redline about 2 weeks ago....they dealership had it listed for 17,500....give the cobalt ss s/c a year and i bet alot will be selling around that price, which makes it a great car

Saturday, March 05, 2005 8:50 AM
First of all, sticker on the Cobalt SS SC is 21,999, so do alittle "research" before you try talking. lol. Second of all, the WRX WAGON? are you serious?? I don't know, to me that's the definition of a grocery getter. And do you read your posts before you submit them???

The heavy ass lookin wheels???
heavy looking???

First of all, regardless of the car, most people will replace the wheels anyway...
second of all, you don't have any idea what they actually weigh....

The Cobalt is not a wannabe import, if it were they would have called it a type R or a type S like every other Jappy Piece out there lol. The SS namebadge is all american, always has, and always will be. And don't be mad because the Cobalt will blow the doors off your slow 240 lol.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search