Helping a friend pick out a car. - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Helping a friend pick out a car.
Sunday, March 06, 2005 2:13 PM
In a little while, my friend will be selling his SEVERLY beat up '95 Saab, and getting a newer car. He has around $7000 to $15000 to spend (I know it's a wide range, but he's not sure how much he'll get for his Saab, and exactly how much he'll have to spend.) and he wants to get a Mazda Protege5. I think it's a mistake. Sure, it's a nice car, but for 7 to 15 grand, I personally would aim higher. He's aiming toward a Wagon, for space and utility, but with enough nudging, he might change his mind.

So, here's what I'm asking you guys: If you had around $7000 to $15000 to spend on a car, what would you buy and why? (Oh, and I've already suggested a WRX Wagon, by the way).

Re: Helping a friend pick out a car.
Sunday, March 06, 2005 2:37 PM
what kinda car he like?

if he wants to go fast, i'd suggest a LS1 Camaro. you could prbly get one with decent miles for 12k or so. the higher milage you go the cheaper they are gonna be, unless you find a sweet deal.

Re: Helping a friend pick out a car.
Sunday, March 06, 2005 2:49 PM
Well, he's only really ever owned that Saab. He wants a fast car, but I don't really think he knows what 'fast' is. I'm just open to any suggestion at this point.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search